Help! Possible nitrogen deficiency I think

Scottishweed

Is this a start of a nitrogen deficiency? Paler limey leaves, yellowing(ish) of tips?
20200603_230545.jpg

If so would I just up the nutrient feed slightly? I lowered the feed due to a white widow showing signs of overdose, (really dark green, fuller rubbery looking leaves) I hope my diagnoses is correct but if I'm wrong can some one offer advice?

I would highly doubt it's a nitrogen deficiency this early in, most people don't start feeding until the plat has a few sets of leaves.
What soil are you using? It could be a little burn from nute overload.

@Billpopy79 It's in coco, I've only used rhizotonic and calmag

In all honesty it's cheap coco I'm still waiting on my biobizz coco mix

The fact it's a cheap coco could and may be the cause of it.(I did use ph'd water to hydrate and rinsed it with ph'd water with rhizotonic)

I ordered a bag of coco with my tent kit but the company was waiting on a delivery and said theyd get it to me asap. That was 3weeks ago. So I have orderd another bag which is due tomorrow

Erm no, but if I'm out tomorrow I could prob get a few photos of it

Ok cool that's what I shall do. I've left them a day or so so theyll be due a watering tomorrow, top inch or so is dry and feels kinda light. Should I just use plain Ph'd water or should i use a reduced strength ph'd feed of Canna a+b, rhizotonic?

I'm currently reading some of the completed grow journals again.

Once I get mine written up I'll get it up on here

Cheers guys

About every 2 days, I did overwater to begin with though

Every two days is to much I can tell from the pic it's wet and won't need water for days. If you have a empty pot the same fill it with the medium you used. Pick it up feel the weight that's a dry pot. That's how you check if it needs watering your pot should feel really close in weight just slightly heavier. You have to develop a wet and DRY cycle. No nutrients are needed at this time. This where it would be good to know what's in your medium.

Try that and I bet it will show growth soon.

Feeling a bit worse than a beginner here and for mistreating the ladies :confused:

That might be why the Triple G and the Cookies are taking off in comparison. They're left slightly longer between waterings. They went into dryer pots with less watering from the start and about 2-3x the size.

I'll try get a pic of the medium tomorrow but hopefully the new stuff will come in. In which case I'll repot in new stuff n water less.

Worst case if I DONT get my delivery (I live north north scotland) do I want to ph slightly higher or would 5.9 be ok?
and
Would I just use plain water til 3-4 nodes come in then start a reduced nute feed and work up from there?

Thanks again for the advice,

Just water for now no nutes ph 6.3 - 6.5 the cotyledon Leafs will feed it for the first week or so. If they are yellowing then feed a seedling dosage. Would help to know whats in your medium. Do you have your nutes on-hand ready when you need them?

I've got a few things to do ,today but will try get the info on the medium if the new stuff dont turn up.
Yea i've got the nutes on hand I got the canna-UK starter kit, a+b, rhizotonic, cannazym, boost and pk13/14

Had a wee look in this morn, the colours sorta returning to the leaves although they wont heal they are looking a tad greener and healthier. Still no sign of my delivery so ordered more biobizz coco today with a rush on delivery.

Welcome to :420: Scottish!

By “cheap coco”, I am going to assume that it wasn’t pre-buffered. Coco coir needs to be presoaked in CalMag to displace the excessive sodium and potassium ions held in it. Otherwise, it will foul up your intended nutrition. G00gle “buffering coco“.

Back
Top Bottom