Help: Quadlining

LST can already do a lot, and topping ensures that the remaining branches take off, shaping the plant is kinda everything as that determines what kind of buds you're gonna get.

It is rare to see people not afraid to cut on their first grow, of course now it was a bit too much.. might still turn out interesting as if there is left I'm sure she's gonna try, it's weed! I've seen it survive crazy stuff.
And it's the best way to learn instead of pampering and being careful which has killed many plants as well.
Of course if she keels over in a couple well experiment finished.
Isn't there some electrical current you can apply to the nodes, to stimulate the morphogenetic field that makes the cells go gotta build a branch here or sometin like that :p

But my guess is the plant and light are already on that.

I recently had a new leaf tip grow, I severed the tip with moving but a bit of the nerve was still sticking out and a few days later a fresh green leaf grew out of the front of it.

And when clearing growth at the bottom of the plant there's areas that I have to pick clean several times over the life cycle as they just keep returning. Even after I cut and harvested the plant and put the pot to the side with the stem sticking out it will grow a new bud at the base somewhere in a last ditch effort.

LST can already do a lot, and topping ensures that the remaining branches take off, shaping the plant is kinda everything as that determines what kind of buds you're gonna get.

It is rare to see people not afraid to cut on their first grow, of course now it was a bit too much.. might still turn out interesting as if there is left I'm sure she's gonna try, it's weed! I've seen it survive crazy stuff.
And it's the best way to learn instead of pampering and being careful which has killed many plants as well.
Of course if she keels over in a couple well experiment finished.
Isn't there some electrical current you can apply to the nodes, to stimulate the morphogenetic field that makes the cells go gotta build a branch here or sometin like that :p

But my guess is the plant and light are already on that.

I recently had a new leaf tip grow, I severed the tip with moving but a bit of the nerve was still sticking out and a few days later a fresh green leaf grew out of the front of it.

And when clearing growth at the bottom of the plant there's areas that I have to pick clean several times over the life cycle as they just keep returning. Even after I cut and harvested the plant and put the pot to the side with the stem sticking out it will grow a new bud at the base somewhere in a last ditch effort.
Interesting proposition! I am going to have to see some papers on pubmed regarding electrostimulation-induced nodal growth now lol. Even though it;s the first grow I've got a lot of confidence and knowledge (minus bud niipping!) I have a feeling the fastflower buds autos I have are gonna produce some majorly nice stuff in my living soil with 1 topping and LST. Very interesting to hear some of your epxeriences fender!

Well I just saw someone on the tube quadlining an autoflower, so you could try, and he got some nice bud from it but it does stay very small and compact, I'm not sure it's worth it for autoflower versus other methods.
Autos are difficult plants to grow well as any little stress sets them back and there's no recovery time. I have no idea why they're marketed as a good intro to growing plant since they're anything but.

I'd probably just LST them if I grew autos. Less stress on the plant and no recovery time which is important when you're 'on the clock.'

Autos are difficult plants to grow well as any little stress sets them back and there's no recovery time. I have no idea why they're marketed as a good intro to growing plant since they're anything but.

I'd probably just LST them if I grew autos. Less stress on the plant and no recovery time which is important when you're 'on the clock.'
I'm pretty confident in my abilities to grow the autos despite their idiosyncratic nature. I'm going to top the 5th note and do some nice simple LST. A couple defoliations/lolipops at the appropriate times with my living soil and top soil amendments (later on). Should produce some nice bush thick autos.
UPDATE: The photoperiod still has not grown any new branches. Its main stem and leaves are like california sequoias...its quite the disaster lmao

UPDATE: The photoperiod still has not grown any new branches. Its main stem and leaves are like california sequoias...its quite the disaster lmao
If it is going to grow any new leaves and branches it could take a couple of months. And the new growth might not be at the nodes but instead it could be from random spots on the lower area of the stem.

This is not a Cannabis plant but I have a Coleus plant that started as a cutting. It rooted nicely and when getting ready to transplant I broke the lower portion off. The top part had leaves and stems so I rooted that and planted it.

The lower part had the roots so I planted that but have been waiting since late December or so for it to form any new growth. Another two weeks and I will plant it outside and let it do whatever it wants.

Back
Top Bottom