Is it possible to keep this trait?

DV8

Was just tidying up my lowers and found one node was putting out 3 nodes laterally

Pic
20230704_171630.jpg

As you can see theres 3 leaves, and three growth points. This continued upwards from there until the mature nodes kicked in and became singular staggered nodes. Pic is of node 1 lowest node on a flowering plant.

On 1 branch of node 3 the same pattern occurs, 1st point lateral singles (2 leaves, 2 nodes) then 3 x 3nodes & leaves for a few, then staggered mature nodes.

My question is, if I selected these 2 "branches" for cloning, would they keep the trait in cloned offspring from them, or is it just an expression that cant be captured by cloning.

Also how frequently does this occur? Is it rare, common, able to be breed, or random ?

My question is, if I selected these 2 "branches" for cloning, would they keep the trait in cloned offspring from them, or is it just an expression that cant be captured by cloning.
Only one way to find out, clone it and see. Oftentimes they grow out of those anomalies which are typically recessive traits, but they sometimes can be developed. That's how the Freakshow strain was developed.

Who knows, maybe this will be your ticket to fame!

My question is, if I selected these 2 "branches" for cloning, would they keep the trait in cloned offspring

no. the clones would work it out the same as the mom.

Also how frequently does this occur? Is it rare, common, able to be breed, or random ?

happens infrequently. had a triclops that came up from seed as a three. peeled it apart like a cheese string to train and flower it. any of the clones taken from the side branching were the same as any other once rooted.

@bluter, I found this one day while looking up cannabis oddities.
Apparently because the trait shows so early it was easy to do selections and breed
however the plant doesn't keep the tri trait beyond the cotyledon stage. Still cool though.

picture.php

i had a triclops come up i peeled apart like a cheese string to train and flower lol.

1735524-54186c470d68d47d3114fb0d54f87387.jpg

called it weird al plantkovic

after it split

1744806-cb29a107588077cdf8cc088539842784.jpg

developed as three main stalks. the higher junction couldn't take all the weigh and would split. i held it together with electrical tape till it healed.

Back
Top Bottom