Help! What is the problem with my plants?

derkaderk

Hey everyone!!!

I am a first time grower and I was quite happy with how my plants have been doing so far up until a few weeks ago. They're nice and strong, only found 1 male out of 8 plants, i think that the females are about to flower and the weather has been great this summer (an alien concept to Ireland!). However, a couple weeks ago I have been having some major problems (or perhaps not, as I am a newbie I have no idea how bad my situation is?). As you can see in the photos there is something going not according to plan.

I have been seeing mainly numerous Spittle-Bugs (Frog-hoppers) and greenflies, among other flies hanging in and around my plants! I think they might be the cause to the strange markings on my plants. At first I was not too worried as it was only affecting some fan leaves but now it has spread to the potential bud sites (or at least where I think that the buds will be, I am a newbie after all).

Also, I am thinking it may, perhaps, be a nutrient deficiency but I am only thinking of things that could be going wrong that could be causing this. I am currently feeding the plants with fox farm soil trio nutrients,

This is only REALLY bad on 1 of the 7 plants but it is extremely apparent on 3 others, while the other 3 are showing marking but only very little and also only on a few of the fan leaves.

Can anybody help me in identifying what is happening with my sweet sweet babies please??

And can anybody also tell me how to solve this problem (preferably using a natural, organic method)??

Also, on a scale of 1-10 how bad is this situation going to reflect on my final harvest (especially on the 1 which is extremely affected)??

I apologise for going off on a bit of a rant, it's just that I want to cover all the bases as I would like my first grow to be a successful one!!!

Thanks in advance and PEACE!!!
DSC020955.JPG
DSC020802.JPG
DSC020795.JPG

Re: HELP!! What is the problem with my plants??

infested with something, I'd say bugs are taking over, can you show us pics of close up, under infected leaves, do u c any droppings on leaves below the bad leaves, more pics the better. lots of info under the pest/problem section.
Problems, Pests & Disease Control

thanks for the reply
9341.JPG
8445.JPG
7572.JPG
6664.JPG
5758.JPG
4969.JPG
31308.JPG
21461.JPG
11901.JPG
DSC020795.JPG
DSC020802.JPG
01409.JPG
01409.JPG
DSC020955.JPG
!

Here are some more photos which I didn't add, do they help??

I will take a look for droppings in the morning (although it did rain pretty heavily just now so it may have gotten rid of any evidence) and also take pictures of the undersides of the leaves!

Im about 95% sure thats not a nutrient issue. Never seen Holes like that so quickly from Nutes. Could it be spider mites? I know they eat holes in leaves...

thank you!

And please tell me you are not serious about that 10?
:(

I'm getting very VERY worried! :( :( :(

im not sure if spidermites are even in Ireland?

I have been seeing plenty of greenflies, spittlebugs, tiny red insects (look like and about the same size as ticks but are red instead of black) and regularly flies hanging around that area. However, my grow area is in the middle of a lot of ferns so I am not sure if they are attracted to my girls or the surrounding area or both???

thank you!

And please tell me you are not serious about that 10?
:(

I'm getting very VERY worried! :( :( :(

Ive never seen that much damage so o me its a 10. She may live but Imnot too confident she will. Im sorry to say that. I HOPE Im dead wrong and they bounce back!
I dont know enough about pests to really help too much. Im sorry. Im gonna spend some time on here tonight and If I find anything Ill come back and post some info for ya. Im sorry my man.

and also, any help on how to get rid of these guys (whatever they may be) would be appreciated greatly!

u can make your own spray w/ soap or I'd use BT bug spray, you are INFESTED!! should be able to kill them, I'll bet we'll see them bastards under the leaves, also I think I saw a bunch of critters on the newest growth in one pic. Bacillus thuringiensis, or simply Bt, is a naturally occurring soil bacterium that, when sprayed on plants, is toxic to certain pest insects.

Agree there with trichome, bugs of some sort, check for droppings and check under the leaf, any other plants that aren't cannabis close by? Are they getting eaten too? had some small ass grasshoppers try to get at mine early on, look forward to a report back, save those babies. Peace and best of luck OG.

Look into some thing like Safer insect killing soap, or Azomax, just really depends on what the hell it is. The two mentioned worked for me .

thanks for the advice guys!
However, I live in a rural area so it may be a while until i can get to any gardening center? Also, I do not live in USA so they products you both are talking about may not be readily available..

Do you have any homemade suggestions? I have already tried a garlic/onion/cayenne pepper spray but this does not seem to work?!?!

Trichrome, you said 'make your own with soap'? what type?? I am completely new to all this so I have no idea. Also, which picture did you think that you could see some of those devilish critters?? id like to see these culprits!

I look forward to reply!

Homemade Pest Control
Soap/Oil spray for insect pests:
Probably the best overall insecticide recipe is made from dishwashing liquid and cooking oil. It should be applied more frequently than chemical pesticides, but then again, you don't really want to use poison inside your home. Here is the recipe:
1/2 teaspoon dishwashing liquid
1/4 teaspoon cooking oil
1 quart warm water
Mix all ingredients in a small spray bottle. Mist upper and under sides of leaves every 10 days to control mealy bug, spider mite, aphids, thrips, or any other sucking or chewing insects.

thank you very much Trichromes!

Is that just the once every ten days?
And I am growing outdoors but I assume when you say 'you don't really want to use poison inside your home', you just mean grow area?

Thanks again!

I googled that recipe/info for you, not my words. I'd say spray, let soak an hour, then rinse with hose and try to spray the critters and eggs off, see what it does/did, then hit it again and let sit overnight, you should be able to rid them int 2 days, then spray every 10 or 7 days for preventive maintenance!

Thank you so much, I will apply the solution tonight and continue to do so!

I hope I can save her! :(

I will keep you updated!

Hey there, the best idea I can come up with for you is to go to your nearest greenhouse and buy some marigolds. You don't even have to take them out of the planters they came in if you don't want to. Marigolds are a natural pest deterrent, and they add a little color to your grow; and if you wanted to use them further, in your next grow, use a slightly larger container than you would normally use, and plant the marigolds with the marijuana. Not only will they deter the pests, but marigolds are also nitrogen fixing, as are clovers. That way, you wouldn't have to worry about a nitrogen toxicity or deficiency, so when diagnosing problems, you can immediately ignore that possibility. Good luck in what ever you decide, I hope it works out well for you.

Back
Top Bottom