Help what light for veg? Also foxtail?

shaunr97

So guys I made a dummy move and I thought I was growing autos but they are indeed feminised so I have 2 5 week veg’d plants and 1 1 week veg’d plant and I only used a 3 gal fabric pot so I can’t keep in veg very long to be honest so I’m going to have to flip light cycle soon. So I’m going to need to take out the 1 weeker and put it under a new light but I don’t have much money to my understanding it don’t need much light during veg so could i put a simple 17w led light for the first 2 weeks then maybe another 17w during the next 2 weeks then I will put in flower room?

Here is a pic of what I’m thinking will work?
But I’m not sure I need help what else will I need?

81FDEF23-D983-4645-91DC-94B1B83FA522.png0C8B007C-6455-49F8-A7F4-BDA038418DB6.png

Also whilst you guys are here what do you think this is?
849AC1C9-7060-481E-8D79-FABC340F16B3.jpeg
I believe foxtail from light being to close from my research so I rose light a inch or two

What makes you think that's not an auto mate? Can't tell for sure without a close up pic of the top nodes but there could be some pistils there. Which is what I'm assuming you think is fox tailing.
Also you're iether burning the tips or getting some sort of deficit. Hard to tell anything with the blurple lights on tbh. Natural pics would help.

You'll only get foxtailing on more mature buds.
You don't want that 4 pack of bulbs unless you've got bayonet type sockets.

2 of the 100w eqiv. bulbs will keep it alive ok for 2 weeks,just don't expect much growth.
Keep them close so you get minimum stretching during those 14 days.

I can't tell much from the pic-it looks fairly normal,except the new growth is kind of curling,
possibly from heat or light stress.
Like Barney86 says-pics in natural light would help us see it clearly.

It does have pistils is this not normal for a feminised? I checked site I bought from and had no mention of the seed being auto in title or description. White Kush by advanced seeds.

I will check ph of my water on next Feeding
That would make a lot of sense mate lol. See a lot of people flipping autos early thinking they're photos so had to check that wasn't the case seeing as you'd mentioned it.

I’m not to sure what to do with my 2 weeker, I don’t have money spare for a decent light for her during veg so I need something cheap very cheap just for during veg any ideas?

Thinking I’m gonna have to chuck her since I need to flip I will also get clearer pic

Not sure where you're from,but if there's a dollar store somewhere close,they have cfl's,
and sometimes led bulbs for a buck apiece.
Any possibility you could just sit her outside during the day?

For 2 weeks, or 4 weeks?
For 2 weeks,I'd say 2 60w equivalent,then add 2 more for the next two weeks if you go
that long, the plant will be big enough to need more light by then.

The cfl's should be positioned horizontally above the plants,if possible,with a reflector above them
(foil will work)
The problem with cfl's is that without a reflector,about 75% of the light produced is going in directions that don't benefit the plant.

For 2 weeks, or 4 weeks?
For 2 weeks,I'd say 2 60w equivalent,then add 2 more for the next two weeks if you go
that long, the plant will be big enough to need more light by then.

The cfl's should be positioned horizontally above the plants,if possible,with a reflector above them
(foil will work)
The problem with cfl's is that without a reflector,about 75% of the light produced is going in directions that don't benefit the plant.

So 120w total for first 2 weeks then 250w for next 2 weeks? Then I should be able to put in mother room after 4 weeks of veg right? Also would I be able to steal the light from my main light as in,

While my main lights are on for there 12 hours of light I can put my veg plant in there then before they due to go off I take out the veg and place under cfl lights for 12 hours? Or would keeping it 24/0 all veg not a good idea?

T5 2x 54w bulbs should do for veg one plant they? I’m reading 100w per plant and that is good I will maybe even up that, but now I have a plan of keeping the veg plant under the main light during the main lights cycle I will this will make growth even better I believe. I don’t think the different light type should effect the plant at all really light is light end of the day I guess

By different light I mean T5 and led

That's a good plan-a little more work,but if you're up for it,I'm sure the plants will be,too.

The T5's should work fine,and even better since you already have them.
Some folks do 24/0,so it should be fine.I do 18/6 because the plants look to me like they do most of their growing during the dark cycle-BUT,that's just my belief,or feeling,and not based on fact.

Another good reason for a dark cycle is the money-running lights 24 hours costs more than running them for 18....and me being cheap,that fits right in with my belief...
You might want to check out this writeup from RQS:

Back
Top Bottom