Help! Which of these 2 hydro systems work for clones and seeds?

Lusi

Hi folks,
:welcome:

I'd like to order one of these two products tonight (on sale), but can't figure out which one meets my needs. There's no hits when I search this forum.... Weird. What I want is a hydro set up that I can use to start seeds AND clones. Would either of these work? Both are the same price. These are links to photos, not sales pages. :))

This is a 15 plant Megagarden ebb and flow system. Can I also use it for clones?
PRCM025.jpg

This is a 25 plant clone machine by American Agritech. Can I also start seeds here?
HGSMEGA.jpg

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm a soil grower, so this is for starting plants only. :))

TY!

Lusi
:peace:

I have the 25 site system and it can only be used for cuttings...I know they come with baskets to hold Hydroton so it could be possible for a seed to start..I'll have to experiment with that idea!

The first set up is good for ROOTED clones.

Hope that helps.

Is there anything out there for both? With the 25 cloner, what medium do you use? I couldn't tell... I was hoping it uses some kind of rooting plug or is the plant stem held in there bare? LMK if you think mesh pots might fit in there. I think it would need 2", if thise exist. With the 15 plant ebb and flow, I was hoping it would also be good for cutting. I get so frustrated with seeds and clones, keeping everything the right moisture. Right now, I just put the cutting and gel into rockwool or rapid rooter cubes and set them in a tray. I was hoping the ebb and flow set up would keep the cubes more evenly moist than I do by Hand...
Ty for the help! :))

Sisco, do you have the current version with the new lid or the old? Best I can figure, the new lid doesn't need 2" mesh pots, but it doesn't say if you can still use mesh pots or not. Is there something special about the lid on yours that makes it usable with only neoprene inserts? If I could use mesh pots in there, could I put Rockwell cubes in the to start seeds? I don't think hydration by itself is usable with seeds, but am not sure.

I can't find anything about how this clone system works. Is there a water pump and jet inside or is it more like a mister? It seems like either would keep the cubes wet enough.... It would be a much better value to get the 25 cloner over the ebb and flow.

TY! :)

I have this one...
DSCF2466.JPG
DSCF24641.JPG

P1000474.JPG

It came with net pots and the neo insert...I got it off Ebay from Jade garden or something..

It has had 100% with all the clones I've cut...the pump sits inside the reservoir and it uses small heads and can really get things soaking in a hurry.

I don't see why you couldn't try a rock cube and a seed.. but that's really not what this was intended to do. You could keep a seedling in a party cup and take cuttings to fill the cloner and then into their final growing medium and pot.

Hey thanks, those photos help! I can't believe those tiny clones have all those roots. What's the purpose of using both neoprene and the net cups? How do you get all the roots out of the cup to transplant without breaking them?

The cloner would be mostly for landscaping plants during the summer and 6 or so clones at a time. :) I prefer to grow my MJ by seed and only take clones to keep each strain going until I try the results. So far, I haven't a single strain that does squat for sleep or pain.

Guess I'll order the clone machine. TY!

:thanks:

Last question, I swear! :)
I ordered the 25 cloner. The sales rep called this an areoponics hydro set up. Is the only difference between a clone machine and an actual areoponics hydro set the size of the net cups? I was under the impression you could use rockwool or evn hydroton to start seeds in normal hydro set ups. This fellow said they are too wet and with hydro seeds have to be started in rockwool elsewhere. I ordered some Hydrozyme in hopes to prevent damping off and mold.

Just curious and wanting to get my facts straight. It's worth $99 to have this gadget to experiment with.:)

I cut the net out of the cups so I can re-use them and not break the roots...(you can see it on the second picture)...the neo needsthe cups to fit snug.

The pictures are of random grows, but in 2-3 weeks that is what you get. I don't use the Hydrozyme, but it's been recomended to me by some growers.

I think it's worth every cent!
:goodluck:

I got my machine in the mail, but have to return it. The new model apparently isn't compatible with net pots. I even asked customer service about this before ordering and they reassured me it came with net pots, which it did not. Even if I buy them, still won't work. The lid on the new one has a lip you put the inserts on, instead of inserts inside the net pots. This company is losing my business. They never get the order right, are a PiTA for returns, and most the people working there don't know their own products! It's not easy to find someone who does. :((

Things I make seldom go as planned, but I guess it's the only option without spending a pile of cash on a cloner that still uses net pots. I don't where in the world to buy the little micro misters that make this work or what exactly to get and how to attach them to get the spray right in the H of pipe. An ebb and flow seems easier to make, or still buy the other set up above. I dread another DIY project. Too many of them are laying about as it is. Lol

I might as well keep the hygrozyme and clone solution and hope I can make something a bit better. I figured the hygrozyme might come in handy for my seed flats too, to keep fungus and dampoff at bay. This blows, I have a ton of cuttings and seeds all ready to go, even bought a greenhouse. :(

Thanks for your help Sisco! My adult plants don't have roots as nice as your tiny clones... Says a lot for how well this system works!

Back
Top Bottom