Help with 400watt hps and room size please

kingmayfair

hi i have recently started a new grow and have managed to pick up a 400watt hps for pennys lol compared to what ther worth i was jst wondering if i could use it in my grow space or will it not be suitable my space is 2.8ft w x 1.7ft d x 4ft h i could probs get another ft in hight if i remove one shelf any help on this would be great

what would be the best size of what for that room to keep temps dwn i honestly think that 400w will be way to hot for that space even with a fan blowing on it what do yous think

Ideally for a space that size you would want at lest 300 watts. The height restriction is where the heat issue will come in. If you put the 400 watt HPS in a cool tube reflector and have good air flow you might be able to get away with it. LEDs would be best for that size area. They can be closer to the plant than an HPS and put off less heat.

As long as he has adequate air/venting he could grow with a 400w. I use a 400w MH/HPS tho my space is bigger, it would just mean the plant couldnt get too big, so maybe a Scrog would be good and the light will penetrate thru most of the plants canopy so sould give good growth.
But if you do not have air, and intake/extract air vent maybe it s bit too high wattage. In that space you could grow well with some Cfl's using Twin socket light extensions so you get 2 CFL globes per socket, so two sockets equals 4 globes:) Low heat, and they Veg well under Cfl light. 6500k's.. Goodluk, Smokemup

A friend used a single 250W hps with great success on a half square meter area, 1.4 * 2.8 and height was about 5 feet - seems like your grow space. He made a scrog with fat buds similar to what i got from 2x400w on 2 square meters.
400W might be more than what you need. You could also mix a few cfls with the 250W hps if you feel its needed later.

I even found a photo to encourage you =))
Its from week 5 or 6 perhaps (7 week strain)

Hey Smokem by the way!
Hope things are fine for you xD

hello everyone ill try to make this simple, yet im having such a hard time trying to figure out..

I recently just did my first grow ( woooho)and it was successful; not perfect but successful. Im using a 400 watt hps for veg and flower.. i know rookie but thats all i can do for the moment. i plan on building up knowledge and then going out and buying better lighting. i grow three plants in a 5 gallon bucket n my closet didnt , had allot of heat issues , space issues air flow issues you name it and it was due to the small size.

so i plan on moving everything to a bedroom and having my grow there. i know 400 watt does not cover allot of area ( not perfect with exact light measurements) so i plan on using a corner of the bedroom but i just dont know how many plants i can fit in a contained area from the corner of the wall out. i plan on starting them in 1 gals and moving them to 3 gallons to keep everything more controlled and have more plants than my normal fat 3 plants..

Q- from the corner of the wall, what is the best growing space for a 400 watt hps veg to flower .(etc. 3x4long?)

Q- with a 400 watt should i invest in a 4 ft light mover to cover maybe 2 extra feet from the corner out so 3x6long?

Q- i plan on fitting 6 plants in a 3 gals without the light mover and with light mover i plan on adding 2 mroe plants at the end making it 8 plants... ( 2 rows of plants/ 8 plants total with lightmover?

help help help seeds will be here any day now i do not want to grow in my closet which is in my living room anymore. i will sacrifice a bedroom so the airflow is better temperature and space is better but i cannot upgrade to a 600 or 1000 atm... thank you for thos eof you who take the time and respond! will get back to you asap

Back
Top Bottom