help with medium and or method

rhetorrikz

Hi all
Im new to posting here but 420 has been a great help to me already.. currently im week 4 in flower with some lst'ed barnys farm pc in rdwc with chiller 2 400w hps and a platinum led p300 ive taken clones from the best pheno and am planing on changing my method a little next round ... mainly due to warm climate 70-90f
So im after some advice to simplify things.
My idea was 4 trays 2 plants per tray dtw
But im not sure which would be the best method suited to my warm climate .
All dtw.
1 - coco hempy perlite res
2 - coco hempy mini rockwool res
3 - straight coco air pot
4 - straight coco normal pot
5 - organic supersoil normal pots
suggestions welcome

Thanks 420

Better ventilation at the end of the day :thumb:

I don't think change of method really going to improve anything temperature wise ?

I would check RH / relative humidity as that does play a part in growing also...

Mmm i may suggest air cooled hoods/reflectors for the 400w hps that will help out.

Hey fuzzy thanks for chiming in yeah ive got both the 400w in cool tubes and ive got temps down to ambient. . Ac is not gona happen cause elec in 25+c a kw ... also toyin with the idea of recirculating top feed less plants veg longer but still unsure of medium i think coco with normal pots and perlite bottom so the roots wont grow through to the return res ? Or just k i s s and use coco air pots and have a good wet dry cycle . Would like to stop overworkin the chiller and save it for winter rdwc runs..

Mmm ok

As you have experience with RDWC you could look at the use of inert growing mediums like perlite, hydroton clay pellets etc all of these use the standard hydroponic nutrient solution same PH etc & can work well with hempy buckets.

Hempys are a run to waste system basically and a pain in the arse if ya need to handle them for each nutrient/water top up every couple of days or so... trust me ! so waste disposal needs to be thought about.

PICT000554.JPG
PICT000266.JPG

Ye that was perlite & vermculite mix... grows good but not very stable when ye get a lot of top mass !

Coco coir get treated stuff other wise it may strip Ca-calcium & Mg-Magnesium from the plants, i would more likely source out coco coir spec nutrients if ya going down that route.

Ok taken on board.! Thankyou
fuzzy how often were you watering those hempys during flower ?

Every 2 days in flower to maintain PH balance & nutrients.

In veg ya may get away with 3 or 4 days depending on size of plant.

The buckets have a mini res of 2 liters, 75% perlite 25% vermculite i used the vermculite for extra moisture retention though out the inert growing medium which helped out during early veg whilst the roots expanded etc.

You need to apply fresh PH corrected nutrient solution every time & get an aprox 20% run off to obtain a PH & nutrient balance in the mini res.

Back
Top Bottom