Help

Well right now we're a bit stuck, and all we can do is hope for the best.

We really need to know accurate PH readings to know what course of action to take in that respect.

Beyond that, your plants are stunted from either too much water/too often, and/or not enough light.

If you could give us some insight into your watering regimen, how often, how much, how you determine when you need to water, etc.. thhat can help us figure if that's a factor or not.

As for lighting, what was your exact lighting regimen in veg? how many lights? type of lights? actual wattage used? distance of lights from plants?

I water when the pots are light and there's a crust on the surface. I will put 1/2 to 1 gallon of water per 5 gallon pot till water drains out once a week. As for light in veg was 24 hrs 12 in the sun 12 under t5 4 54 watt bulbs 4 ft long so 216 total watts in veg no more than a foot away then 12 hrs sun in bloom only.

What is this crust on the surface? I saw something like that when my PH was low.. so I'm little concerned here.

Water quantity seems about right, but with a smaller plant, there won't be as much of a developed root structure, so without the roots, and a large plant to use the water, it might have been overwatering a little bit.

When you look out the window/door, can you see the sun the entire time the plants were in front of the glass? If not, it isn't direct sunlight.

The T5 setup sounds fine, I might have had the light a bit closer, but there should still be more branch growth than what we're seeing.

In the future, when growing, the plants actually seem to benefit from a dark period. This is when they produce hormones, and do some resting. On 24 hour light they don't get that opportunity to rest. Most growers use an 18/6 light schedule, some use 20/4 for Veg. All you need is an inexpensive mechanical timer to take care of the lighting.

If/when you can get your hands on a PH meter, that'll help a ton.

As for the girls as is, as long as the problem doesn't worsen, you can grow them to harvest, but the yield will be significantly reduced, due to their smaller size.

Maybe crust was the wrong choice of words I just meant when the surface was dry. They are looking better than the other day so I think it's over watering but I hope to get a ph meter soon to test better. And no they are not in direct sun all day but more than 2/3 of it. I think the stunting is from over watering.

I have a 1000w hps but I am unable to set it up right now. I'm only using the sun because I didn't think the t5 was enough for flower and cant set up like I want to right now. I started this with the intention of using the 1000w but then I was told I have to move. Didn't really have a choice unfortunately.

Alright, when the surface is dry, that's just the start. 5 gallons is a nice sized pot, so when they top layer dries, it slows evaporation, so the rest of the water inside the pot can only be absorbed by the plant, or slowly wicked upward into the dry soil and only then can it evaporate.

When the top is dry, that's when you start lifting. The pot should feel pretty light when most of the water is gone. I'd say another 2-5 days after that dry point is when they should need water. The actual time will depend on how much water your soil holds, temps, humidity in the room, and how much your plant drinks.

If they're looking better, stick with a little less water for now to let them recover and get some good bud growth going :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom