Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

It's easy to lose track of your plant's development when you're a stoner. You forget what they looked like yesterday, nevermind weeks ago. Thank gawd for grow journals.

AK48 sprouted on 10/14, she'll be 3 weeks old tomorrow. She was 6 days later than the others and a twisted up little mutant.

10/22
C360_2010-10-22_23-18-21.jpg

10/29
IMAG03992.jpg

Today
IMAG04391.jpg

Bubba Kush sprouted on 10/8.

10/14
IMAG03151.jpg

10/26
IMAG03812.jpg

Today
IMAG0458.jpg

Lucy sprouted on 10/8.

10/14
IMAG03161.jpg

10/26
IMAG03821.jpg

Today
IMAG0453.jpg

IMAG04541.jpg

Baby Bagseed sprouted on 10/8. She's no longer a baby.

10/14
IMAG03171.jpg

10/26
IMAG03801.jpg

Today
IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

Bubba Kush left, Bagseed
IMAG0457.jpg

Sammie's ancient by comparison, but she spent her first month barely getting any sun.

She sprouted on 9/4 and went hempy on 9/29.

9/29
IMAG02411.jpg

10/14
IMAG03131.jpg

Today
IMAG0459.jpg

All the plants look great but Sammie is unbelievable. She looks like a rainforest canopy in minature. Two weeks from now Lucy, Bubba & Bagseed will look just like her.

Nice man - love looking at series of grow pics to see the plants progress. It'd be cool to leave a camera in one spot to see the whole grow in time lapse.

Nice man - love looking at series of grow pics to see the plants progress. It'd be cool to leave a camera in one spot to see the whole grow in time lapse.

Thanks OB-1, now I have to spend money to get that setup for my next grow!! Because that would be AWESOME!

Thanks OB-1, now I have to spend money to get that setup for my next grow!! Because that would be AWESOME!

You could do it with just a shelf to put your camera on... just take a pic from the same spot every time, then turn it into a animated .gif with one of the free online converters... no money needed!

Yea, I was just thinking it would be tough to get the same shot without a tripod. But most likely I would construct up something to hold a camera in one spot.

OB-1, I think you have inspired me. Let's hope I don't forget over the next 2 months!

Great looking thread Blue, I'm subbed.

It seems like the trf/crf's definitely need some help in the hempies for the first few weeks. I am using Dynamite red bottle, and have come across some serious Mg & N deficiencies.

Starting to get control of it a bit, and hopefully I can 12/12 in a week or two. We might be close to the same schedule!

I'll be watching.

:peacetwo:

Marley

Thanks and welcome da goon! Your lucy looks awesome. She's got really thin leaves! Are you growing her in hempy? I'm curious about her color, mine is a lighter green.

Please keep posting pics here and anything you want to talk about her, except her name. 420 mag deleted my grow journal dedicated to this strain and will not allow it. They're trying to decide what we can call it, so for now let's just stick with lucy.

Yep, hempy all the way. I have found 2 phenotypes of the L$D, one very sativa like the one in my pic, and a more indica type with the broader leaves like yours. Like I posted earlier, this plant is very pH sensitive. If you get a chance and wanna know more about this strain, check out papa green's journal. Lotta good info in there.

:goodluck:

You could do it with just a shelf to put your camera on... just take a pic from the same spot every time, then turn it into a animated .gif with one of the free online converters... no money needed!

Yea, I was just thinking it would be tough to get the same shot without a tripod. But most likely I would construct up something to hold a camera in one spot.

OB-1, I think you have inspired me. Let's hope I don't forget over the next 2 months!

I was thinking of this idea too, it would be cool. Last grow was out of the question because I was moving the plants constantly. You'd need a nice structured grow space.

LMAO! Cool thanks :goodluck:

You'll love hempy sisco. DocBud calls hempy & oc+ stonerproof. I think he may be right!

very nice blue dog!!!

Thanks staffy! Hope you stick around.

Great looking thread Blue, I'm subbed.

It seems like the trf/crf's definitely need some help in the hempies for the first few weeks. I am using Dynamite red bottle, and have come across some serious Mg & N deficiencies.

Starting to get control of it a bit, and hopefully I can 12/12 in a week or two. We might be close to the same schedule!

I'll be watching.

:peacetwo:

Marley

Marley if you don't have a journal feel free to post any pics here.

I agree about the first week or two in hempy before they reach the res. I made sure to water over the prills 2-3 times a day (after Doc told me too) and that seems to have fixed my N deficiency, along with switching to tap water and keeping the temps in the mid to upper 70's to help the prills release more.

I've been faithfully watering the ak48 2-3 times a day and she's perfect so far. Her roots should be hitting the res soon if they haven't already, she had a long way to go.

I just noticed a discolored leaf on Sammie, I'll try and get a pic tomorrow. It's the only one and it's a slight problem right now, but I'll be keeping a close eye on it. I'm also going to carefully try and drop my ph a little.

Yep, hempy all the way. I have found 2 phenotypes of the L$D, one very sativa like the one in my pic, and a more indica type with the broader leaves like yours. Like I posted earlier, this plant is very pH sensitive. If you get a chance and wanna know more about this strain, check out papa green's journal. Lotta good info in there.

Thanks for the heads up da goon. I started checking out papa's grow, I've been looking for info on her, this is great!

Keep on growing!

Thank you whodathot! I will:morenutes:

Just finished catching up.

Super cool Blue Dog. :thumb:

Love all the pics. Wish I had been taking more myself.:popcorn:

lookin good bro! Those are some big buckets! But it looks like your roots made the long journey to the bottom. Now, they're gonna take off in a spectacular way! :surf:

You've got OC+ down deep in the perlite, right?

Once the roots are established, try to only water in one place on the top so the rest of the perlite stays dry. This will keep algae from forming and the air roots will be very happy. Water fast so the drain hole can't keep up and a water table forms above the hole. As the water level drops, it will draw air in from the top, which the plants just love. They get high on oxygen....let 'em have a good hit of it when you water.

If you aren't dark green and waxy in a few days.....add more OC+. If you've got the right amount, the leaves will be really nice looking. Healthy leaves + Healthy roots = large, resinous, healthy buds.

That's the "physics" behind growing. That's all you need to do. The plants do the rest.

Just finished catching up.

Super cool Blue Dog. :thumb:

Love all the pics. Wish I had been taking more myself.:popcorn:

Thanks TwoTokes! I was just over visiting you. I love taking pics of them, and it's great to be able to go back and check out how things have changed.

lookin good bro! Those are some big buckets! But it looks like your roots made the long journey to the bottom. Now, they're gonna take off in a spectacular way! :surf:

You've got OC+ down deep in the perlite, right?

Once the roots are established, try to only water in one place on the top so the rest of the perlite stays dry. This will keep algae from forming and the air roots will be very happy. Water fast so the drain hole can't keep up and a water table forms above the hole. As the water level drops, it will draw air in from the top, which the plants just love. They get high on oxygen....let 'em have a good hit of it when you water.

If you aren't dark green and waxy in a few days.....add more OC+. If you've got the right amount, the leaves will be really nice looking. Healthy leaves + Healthy roots = large, resinous, healthy buds.

That's the "physics" behind growing. That's all you need to do. The plants do the rest.

Hey Doc thanks for dropping by! I put a bunch of prills just above the hole, some more mixed all in, and a cluster where I'm going to water. I'm almost certain all but the ak48 hit the res in the last day or so, they're really revving up.

All but about 8-10 leaves look perfect amongst all 5 plants. I'm going to end up losing about 5 leaves for sure from the earlier N deficiency. Extra waterings fixed that. Now I really have just one funky looking leaf on Sammie that I'm watching.

Thanks again Doc. You've been a font of great info and help:thumb:

Those are the same issues I have Blue. Hopefully someone can shed the light on this. Is there a DOCtor in the house? Just kidding Doc. Your probably busy.

I was also thinking Ca or Mg. Hopefully the Doc will be in soon to help with the diagnosis.

Those are the same issues I have Blue. Hopefully someone can shed the light on this. Is there a DOCtor in the house? Just kidding Doc. Your probably busy.

I already weighed in on another thread where the same pics and question were posted.

It's hard to say what exactly is causing it....but if you're using tap water it's unlikely that it's calcium. Could be....but unlikely.

you're not using soft water....right?

I had an issue similar to this with OC+ last grow. One plant had one branch that had a classic zinc/iron problem. It was an easy fix with a zinc/iron supplement.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you're using lots of pH down, you're adding phosphorus....which can interfere with.....yep, you guessed it, zinc , copper and iron!

Back
Top Bottom