hey im a new growere and could use some friendly advice!!!

cjizzle617

girl_phone_098.JPG
girl_phone_097.JPG
girl_phone_096.JPG
girl_phone_093.JPG
girl_phone_094.JPG
girl_phone_095.JPG
girl_phone_092.JPG

i just started growing recently and i basically went out and bought everything needed. HPS (high pressure sodium) lights got 4 of those....i bought the circulating fan...the humidifier....automatic timers for everything...pots...soild....veg-vitemens(food for when there older)reflective bubble wrap to contain light and heat...also a thermostate for tempureture and humidity levels. i bought a ventalation sysytem im installing today...and of course i got a calender to write everything down and time it.....so i bought seeds online and bought a germination tray...and everythings good so far 10 plants have germinated and started to grow...im basically here looking for friendly advice amd pointers. ive read so many articles about growing but you can never have enough knowledge or experts tips.

LOL, you're not a new grower!

You either know someone who grows or you're an excellent researcher and student. Damned nice gear! Are those outdoor high-bay 250W hps fixtures? Heheh, cool - I always wondered how well they'd work.

Welcome to posting on :420:

:thumb:

What are you running for soil and nutes?

lol thanks very much defanitly did my research...right now im using miricle grow for soil and nutes any better idea's deff trying to get best of everything...also lights for about 70 watts per lights i got 4 of them so pretty good amount

You'll keep researching, and you'll find out very soon that cannabis growers don't like MG soil, lol.

I did the same thing, along with a LOT of other new growers. They'll be ok, but unless you got a MG soil without the "helpful" added nutes, your young ones will probably show some nute burn - it's a little stiff for youngsters. Don't freak out, just be aware. I'm not a nute expert, so I'll leave that advice to others.

I like the footprint of those hps! The rule of thumb is to have 50W of hps per sqft. You have 280, so that gives you about 6 sqft to work with, and with the low wattage, you can probably get the fixture right down within 6 inches or so. Nice! Actually, I get really good results with 30W/sqft, so you can light 10 sqft with what you have.

:thumb:

what soil do u use....and i notice the bottom leafs are a bit yellow...i thought it was the humidity levels causing the yellow but when i take the plants and put them in regular light they are nice and green. do you recomend to transfer them and buy MG without nuts? i also noticed your plants....very nice dude cant wait to get there

I like the footprint of those hps! The rule of thumb is to have 50W of hps per sqft. You have 280, so that gives you about 6 sqft to work with, and with the low wattage, you can probably get the fixture right down within 6 inches or so. Nice! Actually, I get really good results with 30W/sqft, so you can light 10 sqft with what you have.

:thumb:[/QUOTE]

i also have a brother as a carpenter and my best friends an electriction...so this deff helped with the exact lights and watts to get for the room great to have good friends lol

what soil do u use....and i notice the bottom leafs are a bit yellow...i thought it was the humidity levels causing the yellow but when i take the plants and put them in regular light they are nice and green. do you recomend to transfer them and buy MG without nuts? i also noticed your plants....very nice dude cant wait to get there

MG is going to cause you some problems over the long run. Look into Fox Farms Ocean Forest or Promix, they are pretty good for cannabis. I'm using the FFOF right now and the plants went about 35 days without needing nutes. Honestly, I think you should get them out of the MG, you'll be better off, plus your harvest won't be as harsh. It's hard to flush time released fertilizers out of the soil, each time you water they are activated.

Lady Vadalon has a grow journal where she tried the MG and she openly & honestly shared her experience with MG.

Good Luck & :welcome: to :420:

cjizzle617 :welcome: to :420: where friends help each other out. I am glad to see you here. I prefer Happy Frog or Roots Organic. I find Ocean Forest a bit to hot for my seedlings. :high-five:

I have a few links that might help you find something that is of interest to you.

For growing this is a good link How to Grow Marijuana

And photos are always nice for a journal Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Note from Cannafan: the most common problem on uploading photos is the user not completing all of the steps involved. Be absolutely sure to get that final "process" pics page completed.

Speaking of journals How to Make a Grow Journal

For medical issues we have this MEDICAL MARIJUANA

For edibles Cannabis Edibles

For legal and activist things 420 LEGAL ACTION

And a FAQ to help with general things Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any questions feel free to ask as we have a lot of wonderful people with a lot of knowledge that are willing to help.

:peace: :Namaste:

Greetings my dear farmer. Welcome. My first day here actually.

I know you're a sponge right now. No matter how much the community tries to advise, recommend, etc.,. Trust and believe, spending a few hours reading and cruising a good lengthy grow journal, like a good micro grow journal, and you'll find a method that will fit your lifestyle and personal constraints.

FYI.,

A good Miracle Gro grow is like a "rights of passage" for most growers. You can bounce back with a solid transplant or "pot-up".

I will have to say very nice start up, I can tell you deff did your homework. As for soil DO NOT use Miracle Grow look up some foxfarm soil I have used it in the past and it works amazing especially the one with high % of bat guano in it. best of luck can't wait to see the result.

Back
Top Bottom