Hi Everyone I'm Lex

Welcome to the @420 Magazine family. You found a great site here the members are some of the best grower’s you’ll ever meet ready to help you with all your growing questions. I live in Chicago and I’m getting ready for my first indoor grow. If I can help with my limited experience @CrochetingHybrids just let me know. CL🍀
Thank you 😊, I’m not far from Chicago but i’m in the burbs, I hope you are staying warm as we are expecting a dip in temp this weekend and the closer to the lake you are the colder it will be (unfortunately) unless you like the cold. I’d love to follow you on your grow, i’ll be keeping a look out for your grow journal if you decide to make one. I’m not sure if i’ll be of any help but i’ll try my best😊 Most of my knowledge is about vegetable and fruit plants.

Thank you 😊, I’m not far from Chicago but i’m in the burbs, I hope you are staying warm as we are expecting a dip in temp this weekend and the closer to the lake you are the colder it will be (unfortunately) unless you like the cold. I’d love to follow you on your grow, i’ll be keeping a look out for your grow journal if you decide to make one. I’m not sure if i’ll be of any help but i’ll try my best😊 Most of my knowledge is about vegetable and fruit plants.
Unfortunately cannabis isn’t like anything you’ve grown,seeing that it’s a weed it has a lot of different needs. And as far as the cold 🥶 goes I got caught in the Blizzard of 79 dressed for Fall weather and got frostbite on my fingers n toes so now when it’s cold they hurt so I hate the cold. And I’ll be happy to see you follow my next grow. CL🍀

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. May I ask which you prefer to grow between the autos and photos? I know both probably have pros and cons just wondering if you have a preference😊?
I personally wouldn’t grow another auto anytime soon, too temperamental and ez to stunt. CL🍀

Unfortunately cannabis isn’t like anything you’ve grown,seeing that it’s a weed it has a lot of different needs. And as far as the cold 🥶 goes I got caught in the Blizzard of 79 dressed for Fall weather and got frostbite on my fingers n toes so now when it’s cold they hurt so I hate the cold. And I’ll be happy to see you follow my next grow. CL🍀
Oh no, i'm so sorry, didn't mean to conjure up any bad memories. I've seen terrible cases of frostbite when I worked in the ER so I know it's no joke at all. My age is showing, I wasn't around for the Blizzard of 79 but the stories i've heard and the pictures i've seen, I'm not complaining that I missed it at all. 😖 As far as cannabis goes, I'm excited for the challenge of growing something new, it indeed is very different but i'm enjoying it so far. I hope you are having a wonderful morning.

Oh no, i'm so sorry, didn't mean to conjure up any bad memories. I've seen terrible cases of frostbite when I worked in the ER so I know it's no joke at all. My age is showing, I wasn't around for the Blizzard of 79 but the stories i've heard and the pictures i've seen, I'm not complaining that I missed it at all. 😖 As far as cannabis goes, I'm excited for the challenge of growing something new, it indeed is very different but i'm enjoying it so far. I hope you are having a wonderful morning.
Thanks my friend and no problem about the 79 memories I’m reminded every time it’s cold 🥶. Smh Happy Growing. CL🍀

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. May I ask which you prefer to grow between the autos and photos? I know both probably have pros and cons just wondering if you have a preference😊?
Autos, it's so easy to overlap grows without fussing with the dark period, light leaks etc
I do sometimes get sent Photo freebies and might try a SOG occasionally but it really isn't worth the hassle and takes at least twice as long
Autos have come a long way from the early days of scrawny, unreliable plants

Autos, it's so easy to overlap grows without fussing with the dark period, light leaks etc
I do sometimes get sent Photo freebies and might try a SOG occasionally but it really isn't worth the hassle and takes at least twice as long
Autos have come a long way from the early days of scrawny, unreliable plants
How many Pygmy plants have you grown and was your first couple of grows successful? I hope they were unfortunately the ones I grew outdoors weren’t. Maybe it’s easier indoors with a light but I’ve seen a lot of good grower’s of Photos have problems with auto’s and swear them off. CL🍀

How many Pygmy plants have you grown and was your first couple of grows successful? I hope they were unfortunately the ones I grew outdoors weren’t. Maybe it’s easier indoors with a light but I’ve seen a lot of good grower’s of Photos have problems with auto’s and swear them off. CL🍀
Perhaps being in a tent offers more control, but no, only ever had one problem batch which were feeble right from the start - suppose it's horses for courses but in my small space with autos I can harvest every 6-8 weeks by overlapping
Almost all of my sig grows are autos, about 60 plants over the last 18months

Perhaps being in a tent offers more control, but no, only ever had one problem batch which were feeble right from the start - suppose it's horses for courses but in my small space with autos I can harvest every 6-8 weeks by overlapping
Almost all of my sig grows are autos, about 60 plants over the last 18months
Hey Roy I get it and your right you can grow them faster and I’ve seen @KrissiCarbone and Em grow some nice plants but when was the last time you seen a 6 -9 foot auto? There possible with a Photo but apple’s + orange’s I guess it’s whatever you prefer. CL🍀

here I posted it in Krissi's thread
Pics were mid bud
The 2nd pic That was the next year, it grew by itself, from a seed that fell out
I didn't even add any amendments to the soil the 2nd year
I wasn't too mad I had 22 oz from the year before & still had lots left

Just showed you a couple the other day :rofl:
In my youth I was a brick/block Masons helper and judging by the 3 course’s of 8” block being 24” and half as tall as your plant I would estimate it’s about 4’ tall. That’s far short of 6-9’ but it still a nice auto. CL🍀

In my youth I was a brick/block Masons helper and judging by the 3 course’s of 8” block being 24” and half as tall as your plant I would estimate it’s about 4’ tall. That’s far short of 6-9’ but it still a nice auto. CL🍀
Sorry I didn't get better pics , That's a wood shed & the fence is 6'
It never even got full sun , the fence & trees blocked the morning sun till after noon

in the second pic you can just see the bottom of the sheds eaves in the pic which is 8'
as stated, the pics were in mid bud, never got finished pics, first year forgot my camera 2nd year plant got stolen
Topped & was tying down the branches to keep it under 6' , which was Hard
If I let it go Natural, I have no doubt it would have been 9'
Would love to see it grown to its full potential
Haven't seen to many photos even get this big
Sorry to Lex for messing up your thread with this

It never even got full sun , the fence & trees blocked the morning sun till after noon

in the second pic you can just see the bottom of the sheds eaves in the pic which is 8'
as stated, the pics were in mid bud, never got finished pics, first year forgot my camera 2nd year plant got stolen
No apologizes needed at all, i love all the input😊 keep doing you.

Wow, ok you never seen any photos get 6’? If I get the time I’ll show you some that are. I’ll also agree about the 6’ fence. I think I remember a couple of grower’s on this site that have some beautiful Sativa Photos that unbelievable. CL🍀

One of my biggest fears of outdoor growing would be someone stealing my babies, do you have any deterrents ? Well that and the pests that come with outdoor growing
Grow indoors, I had a crazy idea that with legalization people would just grow their own.
Unless you live far from people or have high security, be prepared to lose some or all of it
I Know a couple of people that got ripped this year
If they don't see it they will smell it
That was my biggest fear. It was grown at a neighbor's house & when coming to check on it some days I could smell it before I got to the yard

Back
Top Bottom