Hi from South Africa

Leappy

hello all.. first time grower from South Africa.. lots to learn and really enjoying the posts. This plant is 8 weeks and I really have nothing to compare it with.. could you firstly tell me if it is still a bit small and any suggestions as to how often and what I could be feeding.. appreciate any help .. Thx
8 week.jpg

Attachments

• 8 weeks.jpg
    8 weeks.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 91
Welcome to :420: Leappy!! She looks nice and healthy to me!! It might be a little small for its age but it's hard telling how big or small from the pics. As for feeding it depends a lot on your medium. Have a good day!!!

Have you given her any nutrients at all? I use Advanced Nutrients ph perfect line. I don't give mine any notes until after at least 30days sometimes longer depends on what the plants want. When you do start I would start at a quarter strength and work your way up from there. I also never go over half of what they recommend on the bottle. Hope that helps a little.

Welcome to :420: Leappy!! She looks nice and healthy to me!! It might be a little small for its age but it's hard telling how big or small from the pics. As for feeding it depends a lot on your medium. Have a good day!!!
3:blushsmile:6 at 2 week intervals.. really don't know if what I have used is enough

Hey Leapy! She does look good and healthy. This might sound like a silly question but how many hours of darkness is there where you are at the moment? Also, what size pot is that and are the roots free to spread out under the ground or are they incased in that pot? So many questions for which I'm sorry for :)

Welcome to 420mag leappy! Glad to have you here and congratulations on legalization! I’m gonna call @Smeegol over here to meet you as he is from SA as well and may have some good info for you as far as what may be easy to get in your area!

Top of the morning to you @Leappy how you doing boet....... Are you also based in the Cape as it seems all the saffers I come across are from there....haha

So you using organic compost and soil mix which is a good start so I'll ask a cpl questions or so....

1. In your soil mix I see you have those bark bits which is ok-ish reason I mention it is those bark scraps are acidic and will throw the pH of your soil out when you water....

2. How dense is your soil mix as if it's too compact it will affect your drainage but looking at your plant she is doing 100's so far so you are def on the right track. You can also pick up a bag of perlite if you think your mix is to water logged as that will help with aeration....

3. Looking at the 2nd pic looks like a shady area you have her in unless you moved her into the shade for photo pics....

4. What nutes are you feeding her as we do get bio bizz and the GH flora here in sa, but it all depends on what you have to hand........

Nitrosol, Seagro are organic nutes you can use or even better is Kelpak, you can find these at pick n pay, Midas or any gardening/nursery shops......

Soil wise there is " Freedom Farms or Jamie's Garden shop where he makes a living organic soil which you can get there or he will post it if you live far away from Capetown like me... I live in KZN.

I try and use rain water as much as I can when I feed my girls and only tap water if no rain. If you don't know the pH of your water get yourself a pH pen online as the shops are hella expensive here at home....

Please feel free to jump right in and I promise you there are no stupid questions as some folk might be to afraid to ask the same question that you ask so inadvertently you've just made someone else's day by asking that question.....

There are more knowledgeable folk on here than I but if I can't help you I'll gladly find someone who can.......

Here's my little pasture.....lol
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I grow for med reasons as I have degenerative disc disease as well as for my sis in law who has Crohn's disease......

Hey Smeegol.. thanks really appreciate the info..
Your ladies are looking really great. What strain are they ? I am using Nitrosol when I get my hands on some and the plants are looking healthy.. not really having any problems with them at this stage.
I definately go for the rain water when possible.
I have added a new pic could you pls help out a bit.. I noticed 4 shoots that dont look like new leaves could you share some light on it..
thanks so much for the help
42882945_677698219279383_5659964402963578880_n.jpg

Hey Leapy! She does look good and healthy. This might sound like a silly question but how many hours of darkness is there where you are at the moment? Also, what size pot is that and are the roots free to spread out under the ground or are they incased in that pot? So many questions for which I'm sorry for :)
Hi ProfessorFlora.. thanks for the reply we are going into summer now and are already getting a minimum of 12 hours sunshine.. As for the pot I had just repotted and she had a healthy root ball so plenty of space to spread for the next few weeks at least.

My most humble apologies. I must have been pretty stoned when I was your pic the other day. From the angle of the photo I thought that you had planted the pot in the ground, that could have explained her size. Well, from what you've said everything seems good. Smeegol seems to have you covered though :)

Morning Leappy it looks like that's where you have topped her and I thought it might be new growth but what I believe it actually is those little arrow shaped leaves that the pistils emerge from behind when your plant is ready to show sex. But yours have grown quite a bit, I also noticed that where I topped/chopped on my quads.

Those 2 quads of mine are a local strain in KZN called " Grannys Balls " it came about from a pollination attempt with Road Kill Skunk and it was a beautiful smoke so I got some seed and that's what they look like now.. Although I should have moved them outside now beginning of October not sept as they going reveg now...

By reveg the plant transitions from flowering back into veg/growing mode so you will start seeing the fingers on the leaves start getting less fingers on each set of leaves that come out...... Then starts over again with amount of fingers coming out again.... But this is what I've seen and opinions may differ for that reveg stage,,,

Also I've been watering with popcorn sprout and barley sprout teas....

Just sprout the seeds and once you have nice roots popping out everywhere blitz it with a bit of water in a blender and strain out the bits and pieces and add that liquid to your water when you feed your plants will really enjoy it as well as those roots from the seeds contain a whole lot of beneficial stuff that a growing plant needs... You can feed it that all the way through to flower with it as well.

You can alternate your feeds between Nitrosol and sprout teas......

My most humble apologies. I must have been pretty stoned when I was your pic the other day. From the angle of the photo I thought that you had planted the pot in the ground, that could have explained her size. Well, from what you've said everything seems good. Smeegol seems to have you covered though :)
:) :)

Also I've been watering with popcorn sprout and barley sprout teas....

Just sprout the seeds and once you have nice roots popping out everywhere blitz it with a bit of water in a blender and strain out the bits and pieces and add that liquid to your water when you feed your plants will really enjoy it as well as those roots from the seeds contain a whole lot of beneficial stuff that a growing plant needs... You can feed it that all the way through to flower with it as well.

You can alternate your feeds between Nitrosol and sprout teas......
Hey Smeegol..
wow thanks so much thats very interesting will def add some sprout tea to my mix.. your info has been very helpful thank you. What caused your plants to reveg? was it the fact it was still a bit cold in Sept. and how does that delay your flowering stage?

Back
Top Bottom