Hi, I'm Somnifera, a newbie here

Somnifera

420 Member
Greetings. I've found your forum so helpful that I decided to join. I was trying to figure out how to use 3-part fertilizers. This site drew my attention because you guys offered the best information on how to do this.
I hope to learn a lot, but I hope that I can occasionally post some successes! I am an experienced gardener and I specialize in roses, so I am relatively new to this game.
Thanks for reading this (if you did)!
S.

:welcome: to the forum...

Would those 3-part fertilizers be from General Hydroponics, or another manufacturer?

Thanks for reaching out, @Old Salt. They are from Advanced Nutrients, the Ph Perfect line. The three products are called Micro, Grow and Bloom. You add them all together, all the time. This was confusing to me at first, because (as a rose grower) I'm used to switching up my fertilizer blend depending on the stage of the plant.
My little plants got their first fertilizing today. So far, all looks good (though it is early to tell, of course).

Thanks, West Hippie.
One question: if I have some leftover mixture of fertilizer, do I thow it out, or can I use it again? My plants are young, and did not require the full litre, so I still have some left in the bottle. It's all dissolved and everything, so can I (or should I) keep using it, or throw out and start over next week?

Thanks, West Hippie.
One question: if I have some leftover mixture of fertilizer, do I thow it out, or can I use it again? My plants are young, and did not require the full litre, so I still have some left in the bottle. It's all dissolved and everything, so can I (or should I) keep using it, or throw out and start over next week?
I use all my Advanced Nutrient , I keep on buying it . I’ve said twice now I was going to try something else, but always go back . I cut way back on the manufacturers suggested dose at 25% on one grow then 50% on this last grow! I change my 20 gallon ro water and nutrients every 7-10 days til harvest.

Thanks, West Hippie.
Welcome to :420: Somnifera, while I don’t have experience with the particular line of nutrients your using, when I mix my nutrients I use a large container that gives me an extra few gallons of feed for the plants when they’re getting into flower as they drink lots more, I keep this mixture off to the side in a black tote, with an air stone bubbling it to prevent algae growth, when the plants are smaller I’ll usually do my initial nutrient change with a mixture that’s slightly high, and as the plants drink I top off with fresh water, this has worked very well for me for years now. Are you growing your plants in soil or hydroponically? I forgot to mention I grow hydroponically with an undercurrent system.

Welcome to :420: Somnifera, while I don’t have experience with the particular line of nutrients your using, when I mix my nutrients I use a large container that gives me an extra few gallons of feed for the plants when they’re getting into flower as they drink lots more, I keep this mixture off to the side in a black tote, with an air stone bubbling it to prevent algae growth, when the plants are smaller I’ll usually do my initial nutrient change with a mixture that’s slightly high, and as the plants drink I top off with fresh water, this has worked very well for me for years now. Are you growing your plants in soil or hydroponically? I forgot to mention I grow hydroponically with an undercurrent system.
[/QUOTE

Thanks so much! That's very helpful. I never thought about the air stone. Where do I get one?

Back
Top Bottom