Hi - New grower - Which Mars hydro?

Hey gons that would be cool if you could. I have purchased the light i have tent set up. I turned the light on just to give myself idea of how much heat and yea it got up to 98.8 and i shut it off. The temp in the tent sealed up is 78 lights off. Im not too too worried yet because i havent hooked up fan and scrubber but damn i hope a 6" exhaust fan is enough or i am going to have to move my entire set up which i really dont know how thats going to work out. How much heat does your make i figured maybe 10 degree jump but its pushing +20 i lied im worried lol

Here are a few pics of the grow set up I took this morning. I am using a 6'' exhaust set up with a passive intake. I have all 3 flaps removed on the bottom of my tent to allow airflow to come in. I am also using two 6'' fans to circulate the air inside. Temps during the day never reach past 85 degrees, to be honest i haven't checked nighttime temps.

The light is sitting 18'' from the top of the plants, and they seem to be loving it.

Cool nice set up. Yea i wasgoing to go with a 4" exhaust fan but i can see already thats not going to work. Thanks for the replies and the pics. What brand fan do you have?

Thanks! The fan I use is an Apollo horticulture and the filter is an ipower. Haven't had any issues with this setup.

I'm thinking of putting together two tents 4x4 tents (one veg, one flower) and was considering grabbing 4 of the older Mars 600w LEDs but now it's seeming like the 144 reflectors are the way to go. Glad I saw this. I'm not sure if I should be looking at 1 for veg and two for flower? Any advice from you guys would be welcomed!

I'm thinking of putting together two tents 4x4 tents (one veg, one flower) and was considering grabbing 4 of the older Mars 600w LEDs but now it's seeming like the 144 reflectors are the way to go. Glad I saw this. I'm not sure if I should be looking at 1 for veg and two for flower? Any advice from you guys would be welcomed!

I'm running the Mars 1600 right now in a 4'9*4'9 tent and am very pleased with the out come very nice dense looking buds and was my first grow with led.for my secound grow I'll be running the epistar320 just received it last week. The Mars pro should do better not having the lens between plant and LEDs.

Thanks for the advice darkscotia! I went and gave that a look after you mentioned it. Looks pretty awesome. I'm still pretty new to LED game and I haven't grown since back in 2004. I want to do it right but I don't know if I can commit to investing that much right off the bat

Thanks for the advice darkscotia! I went and gave that a look after you mentioned it. Looks pretty awesome. I'm still pretty new to LED game and I haven't grown since back in 2004. I want to do it right but I don't know if I can commit to investing that much right off the bat

I was exact bout but since 2006 and only with hps so was very hesitant to go led but for power and heat saving I decided to jump in after much research ended up with Mars 1600 and just did a test run to break room in and loved it.i didn't document much as I was to busy working on outdoor things but after looking at the epistar 320 have decided to trade in my Mars 1600 for the Mars epistar and am doing my first journal here with it.

image15415.jpeg

From week 5 of my test run with the 1600 and fought with deficiency first few week of flower due to not paying attention to the calibration of my ph meter

I like your garden:cheer:
Sorry to hijack this thread with more questions but could you weigh in on this Sara? Any advice on two 4x4 tents-grabbing 4 of the Mars 600 (2 per tent) or going with 3 of the reflector144 (two flower, one veg) or some other alternative? Just trying to cover my bases without getting in over my head

It's no problem.:high-five:You have two 4'x4' tent? you can go with reflector,Reflector is with better built-up than Mars 600:high-five:
Sorry to hijack this thread with more questions but could you weigh in on this Sara? Any advice on two 4x4 tents-grabbing 4 of the Mars 600 (2 per tent) or going with 3 of the reflector144 (two flower, one veg) or some other alternative? Just trying to cover my bases without getting in over my head

Hey gons that would be cool if you could. I have purchased the light i have tent set up. I turned the light on just to give myself idea of how much heat and yea it got up to 98.8 and i shut it off. The temp in the tent sealed up is 78 lights off. Im not too too worried yet because i havent hooked up fan and scrubber but damn i hope a 6" exhaust fan is enough or i am going to have to move my entire set up which i really dont know how thats going to work out. How much heat does your make i figured maybe 10 degree jump but its pushing +20 i lied im worried lol

Hey Jammin, go check out my thread and see me trying to regulate temps in my new tent. Im almost there! Im glad to help you and learn with you!
My 8" fan (active air) and exhaust is barley enough for my 5x9 tent. My climate is hot and dry. The fresh air your tent gets needs to be under 70 deg. Ive got houses AC, portable AC in the room, 18" floor fan next to portable AC. And 3 fans inside the tent and still have trouble keeping it under 85 deg.
Try to make it work where your at before move.
Namaste

Back
Top Bottom