HID to LED?

GrowW33D

420 Member
Contemplating switching from 2 x 400w HID to LED. Ive read the switch to LED comes with many benefits, mainly being the cut to the power bill and heat/energy efficiency (grams per watt).

Ive been using 2 400w MH/HPS above 8 plants over roughly 4x8'. Is a good replacement for the lights, 2 x HLG 600 Rspec? What is most concerning is losing yield, canopy penetration, or spending money on LEDs not adequate or too much.

Contemplating switching from 2 x 400w HID to LED. Ive read the switch to LED comes with many benefits, mainly being the cut to the power bill and heat/energy efficiency (grams per watt).

Ive been using 2 400w MH/HPS above 8 plants over roughly 4x8'. Is a good replacement for the lights, 2 x HLG 600 Rspec? What is most concerning is losing yield, canopy penetration, or spending money on LEDs not adequate or too much.

dunno the specs on that board. you have a good set up for your number of plants.

if it's a 600w true draw - meaning that is the wall draw, you are more than in the park for sure. you'd need dimming with that. i run 600w of actual draw cob in about 4 x 4 and have to pull it back to 75% or i get issues. i pull about 450w normal.

it's about going bigger than needed and pulling back.

we have a board sponsor @Budget LED who can match that and probably get you a break.

Back
Top Bottom