How am I doing?

Beautiful man... I think im also going to buy a T5 and veg my plants with that instead of an HID and use the HID strictly for flowering... You didnt mention how long you've been vegging those monsters, 4-5 months?

I veg them under a 600 watt Viper Spectra and my T5. The LED has a veg setting. Seemed to work good. I also never ran any grow nutes only used floranova bloom.

5 weeks is a long veg for sure. Usually if you have 3' (max)between your light & your growing medium, that gives room for an 18" plant. At 18", switch it to flower and allow it to stretch for another 6" or so......the growth will fill in, but not much more height will be noticeable during flower. That would give you a finished plant of about 2' tall, or more importantly a plant which hasn't gotten too close to your light to damage itself.

Wow, the plant here

week51.jpg

is 5 weeks old... I MUST be doing something horribly wrong because Im not seeing that type of growth at ALL.

well, crap...

Wow, the plant here

week51.jpg

is 5 weeks old... I MUST be doing something horribly wrong because Im not seeing that type of growth at ALL.

well, crap...
How long they been in that big of a pot? Is that a five gallon smart pot? Are you in Coco or soil? Are you checking the pH of your water when you're feeding?

I switched it to that 5 gal smart pot on the 11th but before I had it in a 2 gal bag.. and prior to my last watering no, I was not ph'ing my water.. I've been using filtered water with a Ph of about 7... From here on out I intend to ph my water to 6.5 before watering.. Im using an Organic Soil I found at Lowes which I added bone meal, blood meal, perlite and Epson salt all in quantities in accordance with 'super soil' recipes.. In drains very well.. I may end up tossing that plant... I have another plant sprouting now thats showing real vigor..

As far as I understand, when you are using a soil mixture like promix HP or the like....., you don't need to worry so much about the pH in your water and your soil as much as you need to worry about the parts per million count in your water. When you add General nutrients to feed water, you have to make sure that your parts per million (salt essentially) does not go above 800. All I do is have two 5 gallon pails in the basement that I fill with water and I allow them to evaporate all the chlorine off the for a couple of days before you. I have not pHed my water or soil at all, just kept my ppm below 800. At this point I'm nowhere even close to that level because my plants are still quite young at 15 days.

Back
Top Bottom