How do I determine my watering schedule for container plants?

Hey all, I have been wondering about my humidity level in the flower room and veg. what should I be shooting for? thanks
Temperature 68 to 76 faranieth humidity 35 to 65 % Ligtht 2000 and up lumens. Super thrive and super bloom buy it at lowes or home depot one is hormone the other is for your blooming time. Have any queston more happy to help. I am on my first years on growing and doing bunch of test on them for better trichomes

Thanks Peace man. Ok so I put a sunbeam cool mist humidifier in the flower room today. the humidity is now at 50% and the temp is at a cool 78 it dropped from 84-86F degrees. The only problem I have is that I don't see the humidity rising in my veg chamber is the veg chamber supposed to be the same? I am waiting on sex of Papaya in the flower chamber and then I am putting em all together in the veg. so untill then I am stuck with just one humidifier. Are there problem with too much moistier? I don't turn my exaust fans off ever so I don't think that mold will start up. should I have a time off for the humdifier or the fan? Lots of questions for this one issue. I appreciate the help though.

Thanks Peace man. Ok so I put a sunbeam cool mist humidifier in the flower room today. the humidity is now at 50% and the temp is at a cool 78 it dropped from 84-86F degrees. The only problem I have is that I don't see the humidity rising in my veg chamber is the veg chamber supposed to be the same? I am waiting on sex of Papaya in the flower chamber and then I am putting em all together in the veg. so untill then I am stuck with just one humidifier. Are there problem with too much moistier? I don't turn my exaust fans off ever so I don't think that mold will start up. should I have a time off for the humdifier or the fan? Lots of questions for this one issue. I appreciate the help though.

Yes there is problem with allot of humidity one I dont like is bug has long you keep it under 65% your ok use ventilation and turn the exaust fans on I belive it will bring humidity down and the hot air, for a and other humidifier thrift store I bough two for 12 box and my light is 500 watt construction light and it's make the room dry + I live in the desert. If you need mirror check first thift store i mean anything gold mine. What do you mean veg chamber

Yes there is problem with allot of humidity one I dont like is bug has long you keep it under 65% your ok use ventilation and turn the exaust fans on I belive it will bring humidity down and the hot air, for a and other humidifier thrift store I bough two for 12 box and my light is 500 watt construction light and it's make the room dry + I live in the desert. If you need mirror check first thift store i mean anything gold mine. What do you mean veg chamber

Yes, I was at salvation army today looking for fans, humidifiers, anything I can use. But nothing so I just bought some more cfl 2700k 42 watt 2700 lumens, for my flower room. Now I have 6 of em in there = 16,200 lumens
The (veg) vegetation room is under the flower room is used for growing and not flowering, but I could use it for flowering too if I wanted, I suppose. Thank you for the help. Do you have a grow journal I would like to check some of your techniques sometime. I lived in the Antalope valley and I know about those 100+ days.

I found most of my deal at good will I don’t no if you are from the state but penny saver it's a good and cheap way. Good job on your papaya I use my green room for cloning fig, grape vine but the only easy one it' a weed cloning. Is it a clone you growing? If not why there is a plastic cup at the top, this is the best way to clone you have a good cloning system. I produce 90% of clone with similar set up. I am in the process of writing a beginner book of growing and cooking. I got sick last year and couldn’t work for 9 month I start t study and teaching my self and make all can of experience to create more thricomes. One of it is frost effect and work well; on the bud I do more than just frost effect. I was looking closer to my picture of a bud with the computer magnifier and I could find web of thricomes and I know that I have no spider in my room because I shot with bug killer regular before they show. I was really happy with the result. I wish to show you that picture but if I put it on 420 it’s become their picture and it’s for my pocket book edition and I will make a video later. I when and study film at UCLA and want to make something professional but fun like hell. I am in process of writing and shooting a thriller for the book 1960 look, Hippy dinner with only medical patient with their paper. I was too young to ganja but I remember the life still it was cool and sampler.
I just have few more experience to do before I write the book and I am in business. I want to try to make it cheap too. I want to help that’s about it. I am trying to get my PhD in growing in cooking medical cannabis but no school only peace man learning. Thanks to Lowes and Home Depot the web and friend who help me for Lowes and Home Depot I told them it was growing tomato plant. I need to learn more about nitrogen, phosphate and soluble potash best lighting and ECT some believe me some was smiling but how got what I want. I build my green room for less then $200 and it Humidity, temperature control I can check from inside or out side of the room to be sure I don’t stress the plant when they sleep I don’t turn on the light to check the thermometer and it cost me around $65 a month for two 500 watt light. It’s been a wonderful years of learning and saving money I just bought a Ferrari to my wife with all the money I save from not buying from care giver in my first years just joking if it was real story I will be a smoke salmon lol I smoke but not that much. Take care and grow with joy. Any question happier to help you if I have the knowledge. Now I need to check my chocolate and create new dishes I want 5 star Oh Ya now its time to make carrot & orange tarragon oil refer soup
Hope that will help other people too.

Yes, I was at salvation army today looking for fans, humidifiers, anything I can use. But nothing so I just bought some more cfl 2700k 42 watt 2700 lumens, for my flower room. Now I have 6 of em in there = 16,200 lumens
The (veg) vegetation room is under the flower room is used for growing and not flowering, but I could use it for flowering too if I wanted, I suppose. Thank you for the help. Do you have a grow journal I would like to check some of your techniques sometime. I lived in the Antalope valley and I know about those 100+ days.

Good job buying lighter I believe more light it's always good. Sorry I didn't reply correctly yesterday to much cooking. I don't believe you can calculate the lumens like that I have to 500 watt and that give me only 500 watt of light in the green room. If you want to learn more about lumen go to What is a Lumen? and that will help you to understand a bite better. I believe kwoledge is everythig. I learn allot on lighting in film school. Not everything applies but did help. Since I start growing weed all my plant in the yard are better I will push my knowledge at the max if you have any experience to share that will be cool. And if is too humid they are selling product to remove humidity. Keep in touch want to know your progress.headbang: 48:

So is it better to water using less water and do it more frequently, or more water less frequently?

Basically, I have a little seedling, and in being careful not to over water, I have been watering it just a little bit when the top 1-2 in of soil is dry. However, it just occurred to me, that I may not have been giving it enough water to even seep down to a depth of more than 3 inches. I realize that this will not fly once it has a deep root system established, but am curious which is the best for a small seedling (she's about 1 1/2 inches tall at this point).

Hi there,

Yes actually all methods here work just great. Patience I believe is the word on this thread... As a novice I tend to over react to everything.

Patience, PATIENCE and then practice.

I too did not like the moister meters and use the finger method. Lifting works as well. The key is to figure out the format to which makes you feel like you can read the situation.

As far as watering I usually start by pouring in .75liters wait 10 minutes then another .75. Repeat until you see water begin to trickle out the poop shoots.

AND WRITE IT ALL DOWN UNTIL IT'S IN YOUR Brain LIKE YOUR ABC's

As corny as it may sound with time just like the vets will tell you, these bitches are very responsive to things they like (or dislike for that matter) and you're plants will speak to you.

Best of luck to you!!

Yes Sir, many thanks.... greengo840 you're like some kinda 420 Wizard. Your words spoke to me in a way that I could understand. My plants are very young, and the question of watering came to mind. I came to my favorite 420magazine to find the answers, and got more than I expected.

many thanks!

Whats up everyone, first post here but have been lurking for a couple monthes. Love that this place is filled with positive vibes.

I've got a question:

I'm using Coco substrate and am having some problems with figuring out my watering schedule. I'm using a 4x4x6 tent and T-5 Flourescents for my veg. I noticed that some containers dry out ALOT faster then others. I'm talking a couple days faster. I've tried rotating and increasing air flow, but it seems that some containers just do not dry out.

What do I do? Rotate the containers more? Increase the air flow? Water only certain plants the appear to need it?

If your using a medium 10 to12" and trying to determine moisture at 2" by the finger test. If it's dry there can still be plenty of moisture in the soil below. Its best to get a sense of how moist the soil is in the lower deepths. Like others say; patience is the key. If its getting dry wait. Let it dry (a little longer) better than being overly cautious than to over water. It takes patience to gain a sense of this. Keep a close eye on it and you'll see they won't go into a wilting state.

Hi all, not sure if anyone will stumble across this but anyway. To echo something somebody said above, i have been looking for info about watering particularly young plants (still in the seedling stage i guess, 1-2inches high 2nd set of proper leaves just coming on). I can find plenty of info saying to let soil dry out quite a lot when in vegetive stage, and then info saying that seedlings or young plants should be kept constantly moist. i know everybody has a slightly different view and opinion on every matter associated with growing, and i completely agree with whats said above about learning patience. Im just another new grower being in-patient and constantly worrying that I'm gonna wake up 1 morning and find them all dead.

This is an old thread, but I'm sure folks still read it...sooo....the best way to know if the soil is dry at the bottom of the pot is to keep a wooden skewer (like you find in the grocery store to make kabobs) in the soil. Trim it off above soil level. When you're wondering it it's time to water, pull the skewer out of the pot and run your finger down it. If the top half isn't completely dried out, don't water. I usually let the top 2/3s of the soil dry out, then give her a heavy drink.

Seedlings are different than mature plants. You want to keep them a little more moist BUT let the top of the soil dry out. This in important because a type of fungus grows on the surface of wet soil. If the fungus thrives, "damping off" disease occurs, killing the seedling. Keeping a small fan on your seedlings is an easy way to prevent damping off. Also, watering from the bottom by setting the pot in a pan of water for a few minutes also prevents moist surface soil.

Back
Top Bottom