How do they get the Cali pebble like nugs?

Why do you want hard nugs??

Grow plants with larger internodal spacing and use more intense lighting = nugs.
Just wanted to see if I could get my next garden to have rock hard buds like calis but I heard that’s pgr that Makes it so hard and I’m not interested in using pgr so was wondering if there’s another’s way

You can backbuild the buds in the beginning of week 5 to make more nug type buds as compared to the normal conical growth that they normally do.

I figured that the way to do it was to wet trim the buds at harvest and then roll them between the palms of your hands. Can't press to hard but some light pressure is needed. You might be able to wait 2-3 days after the wet trim but not much longer.

Then dry them on a screen. It seems to take an extra day or two compared to buds from the same harvest that are not rolled tight.

Some practice to get the right pressure because to much pressure and they will take a lot longer to dry. About as far as just a couple of tests and I got bored. Did not notice any difference between the rolled and hard buds and the ones treated with a traditional drying. It just looks impressive.

Probably easier in the long run to do the backbuild that Emilya mentions. Maintaining the usual fertilizing/nutrient and watering right up to harvest will help whether you wanted to try rolling them or just a regular drying.

You can backbuild the buds in the beginning of week 5 to make more nug type buds as compared to the normal conical growth that they normally do.

Thanks for the advice looks like i have a lot of reading ahead of me I just thought why can’t i get mine as hard and looking as good as that comes from the shop

For organic PGR - try kelp meal tea and kelp meal in the soil.

Can also add Malted Barley and Malted Corn to you soil mix with the Kelp meal.

These 3 are loaded with PGRs and enzymes to help with the type of growth that promotes nugget flowers. You still need the genetics.

You're not going to be able to grow a predominantly Sativa hybrid or straight up Sativa and get nugs.

Some Indica will grow giant spear shaped colas. Some can be broken down into nugs but the risk for mold is much higher.

Back
Top Bottom