How do you ask potential friends if they smoke

charisma4u2

Through a series of unusual circumstances, I now smoke with people I would have never brought the topic up with. We often joke about how we were all attempting to maintain a corporate image when we could have just ask. The question that remains is "how" do you ask.

I often bring up medical marijuana and see what their opinion might be.In my humble opinion most people who think it should remain legal as it is here in california where I am, smoke or are cool with it.

If I get any type of hardcore "3 strikes more time" kind of answer I don't even bother to argue.

Good topic.

really it depends on the scene.

at a workplace i usually dont bother asking co-workers just to avoid potential problems.

at social gatherings it is usually obvious, when its not im never to opposed to asking, in this day and age and being in my early 20's, if i ask a fellow party goer if they toke and say no, its like cool see ya around and i find my the people that do.

When im around people i dont know at friends houses and stuff, a simple... you blaze? comment ends suspicion.

"Here.. wanna hit this.....?"

in the simplest form^^^

if they say no, w/e, if they say yes you got a new xsmokinbudx (pun)

depends on where you work, i usually work at kennels and vets, everyone there smokes or does other stuff. casually bring it up, talk about stories from back in school and mention that you smoked back then and gauge their reactions. you can usually tell by a person's character if they smoke or at least cool with it.

i am paranoid due to my extensive "research", i look out for my high and nobody else's, if they aint family i dont trust 'em!

Man, I think I told you the story about moving here. I lived next door to these people for 6 months before I found out they smoked. I need to work on my skills. I swear I did everything to make sure everyone around knew I was a smoker. :)

boss you smoke? I thought you were just here for educational purposes!

Since I'm almost 50 and I look sort of clean cut, I was pondering how to acknowledge this young long haired dude with 2 bags of cheetos, 2 reese's peanut butter cups, an energy drink, and the aroma of burnt dank nugz standing in line behind me at the grocery store yesterday...without freaking him out. I wanted to nod and say something about his munchie run, but was concerned about busting him in public like that. Hmm...

Since I'm almost 50 and I look sort of clean cut, I was pondering how to acknowledge this young long haired dude with 2 bags of cheetos, 2 reese's peanut butter cups, an energy drink, and the aroma of burnt dank nugz standing in line behind me at the grocery store yesterday...without freaking him out. I wanted to nod and say something about his munchie run, but was concerned about busting him in public like that. Hmm...

yea most young ppl woulda gotten a kick out of ya sayin somthin bout it as long as it wasnt talking down to them, ive had that happen to me before and always thought it was kinda funny

When I smell cannabis on someone I don't know, I say, "Nice cologne." If they smile, they are usually open to a conversation.

For me id say almost 80% of my friends smoke and its usually pretty casual about if you smoke or not so a simple "You Smoke?" with a piece or somethin in my hand works

Good question, cuz I'm usually the dude with long hair. I'm 21, so I guess thats still kind young. Good call not busting him in public, depending on how high I actually am I either take it funny or it freaks me out. But either way the best way to approach I would have to say is by a good joke. Make things not so awkward. I dont know you man, but this sorta thing happens to me pretty much all the time. Never in a grocery store or anything but defentialy in other public places. Or when I'm with my brother. Which I dont recommend doing. if this situation happened to me and you came on with a laugh, I would have no choice but to finish it with a laugh:smokin:
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom