How far to mound?

Bacondoggy

Thing keeps growing UP not enough nodes to trim yet this is before and after I "mounded" the dirt. Shpuld I put more soil in altogether? The fake leaves, do they get light? I guess I wont bury them and let them chill till they yellow?I dont want to put it down in the pot further I want roots to grow said much as they like!
420-magazine-mobile420556262.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1606516519.jpg

Can you move the light closer to the plant without burning it up? Seedlings stretch to get to light.
Also, your soil looks a little damp and the first pic shows signs of "damping off" - that pinched look close to the soil-- try to let you soil get fairly dry before watering.
The cotyledons - starter leaves- have probably done their job and will die off soon.
Hang in there; looking good so far!

Looks like a couple of good babies! Don't over water, and bring a CFL down close to slow down the stretch. Seedlings DO stretch for a bit, then get busy filling out. Their stems will thicken when you put a fan on them (gently). Mounding and buryng the stem works, too.

Let the cotyledons yellow and dry up on their own. They contain the seedling's first food.

Cannibus grows wild. It thrives under less, rather than more TLC.

First I do have a fan blowing on them. Secondly, shes only been above ground (I just have the one right now, should I try growing another or with different cycles and being out of whack . Also, soil retais water extremely well!!! Look at the leaves? Too close to the light or mild nute burn?

420-magazine-mobile923449417.jpg

Should I keep mounting up as it grows? Its not stretching its growing proportionally. I gave it root booster weak. Snuck a little extra in there not even 1/4 strength, if anything its not un derwatered but I haven't given it a good watering at all yet. I have givennit a half spray like half a second of a shower head but its not dried out since before the seed hatched!!!!!! Yes thats right a week in 80 plus weather sunny andit STILL had moisture (I planted it DRENCHED it and haven't watered it yet. Only times I do that splash thing is ig I gave it the weak rooting hormone w other stuff even at under what I like I was paranoid at the small chance it could burn it since its so young so the spritz to weaken any solution and the top would dry out good (like it is now). Still too moist yo water. This soil holds water better then anything I ever had by like 3 times the length. Look how big she is I need to count but this is one week
420-magazine-mobile2102999446.jpg

She's up to her cotyledons and I wouldn't go any further now. You are going to up-pot at some point anyway (right?) and can go deeper then. If she's top heavy, I would lightly stake her until the stem beefs up. Are you going to top her at all?
I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil- my first time-- and, yeah, it's thick and rich and holds water til next year! I have had issues with gnats.... Best I can say is to water the plant not the pot but it sounds like you are doing that.
Edit: I feel one of my mistakes was that I didn't add perlite to the mix. Perlite lightens soil : less weight, less rich, less ability to hold water. Don't know if you added perlite but if you didnt, you might consider it when you up pot.

Back
Top Bottom