How Hemp saved my life

While "how to make hippie jewelry" only returned 23 results on Google, "how to make hemp jewelry" gives 5200 including some Youtube videos.

Google is your friend.

You'd think that i would have figured that out by now, hahaha...
i don't know why but i almost never think to Google anything. Time to reset my homepage, Yahoo search hasn't been that kind to me.
Thanks man. :thanks:

Thanks,you wouldnt believe how long that took.I used 36 strands knotted side
by side,there were natural colored hemp on the outsides and black hemp on
the inside.It had blue glass beads throughout and and these beads from India
made of bone in the middle of the strap.Because of how long it was it took up
six spools of hemp and took at least 125 hours or even more.The guy gave me
300 bucks for it and I needed the money.Ive done a couple of intricate choackers and other things that also took forever,and I never know what to
charge.If I was paid by the hour it would be less than a penny.

Some more cool shit is that alot of the people that bought necklaces from me
at shows would hunt me down years latter at other shows and ask me if I repair or resize it for them.And I would,but what was so cool was that they
wanted them to last longer because they liked what I had made.Thats what
kept me making more and more complicated shit.I loved the compliments and
loved seeing my shit on all my friends,it was a constant reminder to keep going.

Thanks guys,Ive done a couple of hundred of them and no two the same.I regret not takeing pictures of them all,but some of those were rough years that were pretty frantic and no time to breath let alone take pics but I got by.I think with all of this possitive feedback Ill start back up,post them here then try and sell them at a local head shop.The only reason I stoped is because I wasnt getting any feedback from anyone,all my friends got married and had kids,so I saw them(and my work on them)less and less.But if you guys will tell me what you think Ill make some crazy shit.I just need the motivation I have some hemp+beads I can work with.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Believe me, your work is beautiful! The guitar strap is mind-boggling, with the pattern you keep going there. That takes awesome skills. Please keep your artistry going - we appreciate your work!

You rock on my fellow friend of many common interests!!! Good for you man, and I would hope that you are always relaying high spirits to all of us who may take life for granted....Honestly, you brought me back down to earth with your story...Not saying I'm not grateful, but sometimes get caught up in the now and forget how fast life can change...You deserve nothing but the best and I am very happy to see that you were able to find something to keep you going and also interest others to purchase your things and have a story for life of when, where, and why they may have got what they did from you.....Your an inspiration to many and keep on truckin.....:nicethread:

Back
Top Bottom