Good morning all. I'll be growing soon and I'm just coming back from a 4.5 month hiatus. I tried to think how I could help a new grower or a new soil or indoor grower or just offer some suggestions to established soil grows and I felt as if a brief rundown of what I use to compliment my grows is a good place to start.

For those of you who know me and those who do not, I am solely an indoor, tented soil grower who loves to get her hands dirty.

I run multiple strains with each grow, photos and autos usually in the same grows. I like assortment and a challenge.

I have an inventory list of soil amendments and liquid additives that I feel enhance my grows and aid in the overall health and vibrancy along with increased harvest numbers, quality and trichome development.

I use a special spritzer with a wide, long time spray on my seedlings to ensure proper watering during the first several days.

I shift into a seedling feed from straight water earlier than most, as soon as I see a second set pop up. Some may think I'm asinine for doing so so early in a grow, but I feel as if you can tell by the speed of development, which plants are able to handle the nutrients and which would benefit from an early starter feed.

I use a plethora of soil amendments in my FFOF. Bat guano, seabird guano, earthworm castings, bone meal, and Epsom salt. In addition, I spray the soil with neem oil in summer grows, to help with pest prevention. My first couple of grows I had heavy gnat issues, that was until I began using Ecoworks cold pressed neem oil. Haven't seen a single bug since implementing.

@DYNOMYCO mychorrizal had been an absolutely phenomenal addition to my dry supplements. This innoculent drives rooting expediency to the max and shortens veg time because of its ability to provide exceptional growth rates in short periods of time. If you use rooting cubes for cloning, this is an essential tool, as it speedens root development by nearly 10 days.

Each soil amendment I choose is for a different reason, the same with my liquid nutrient additives.

I use Humboldt's Tree Trunk Silica with every feed for strong limbs, their flower Stacker during flower twice a week for increased trichome production and bud density. I use Fox Farm Cal-Mag once a week for guess what, a cal-mag push.

I am currently using @Prescription Blend but unfortunately I only have enough left for another couple of grows as sadly, the company went out of business recently. I'll be looking for a new nutrient line in the future, possibly Remo.

I choose FFOF because of the amazing ingredient list, my plants thrive on this soil so much!

I have a 4x4 and a 3x3 tent amongst others, a total of 6 fans, 3 oscillating, I box, 2 turbos. I don't run them all at one time, naturally. My 4x4 has a total of 5 fans that will all be on come flower. Seedling stage starts with 1 then 2 then 3 to ensure air flow and make those little limbs work out every day, gaining strength for flower to carry the weight of those luscious buds we love to grow.

On top of it all, and most importantly, I clean and maintain my grow room cleanliness at all times, whether I am growing or not! It is the ultimate 1st step to a great grow, that along with preparation and constant monitoring.

In addition, I make sure my Photone app for PPFD monitoring is working well so I can ensure my plants have just the right amount of light for each stage in development.

It's a lot of small things that make a big difference in the end. I hope this opens up soil eyes to the options available to us when growing our ladies or boys-if you are lucky enough to be crossing and making strains! One day, when I have space. Until now, it's the ladies in soil way or the highway for me.

Hope this helps at least 1 person get their soil grow ready!

Good morning all. I'll be growing soon and I'm just coming back from a 4.5 month hiatus. I tried to think how I could help a new grower or a new soil or indoor grower or just offer some suggestions to established soil grows and I felt as if a brief rundown of what I use to compliment my grows is a good place to start.

For those of you who know me and those who do not, I am solely and indoor, tented soil grower who loves to get her hands dirty.

I run multiple strains with each grow, photos and autos usually in the same grows. I like assortment and a challenge.

I have an inventory list of soil amendments and liquid additives that I feel enhance my grows and aid in the overall health and vibrancy along with increased harvest numbers, quality and trichome development.

I use a special spritzer with a wide, long time spray on my seedlings to ensure proper watering during the first several days.

I shift into a seedling feed from straight water earlier than most, as soon as I see a second set pop up. Some may think I'm asinine for doing so so early in a grow, but I feel as if you can tell by the speed of development, which plants are able to handle the nutrients and which would benefit from an early starter feed.

I use a plethora of soil amendments in my FFOF. Bat guano, seabird guano, earthworm castings, bone meal, and Epsom salt. In addition, I spray the soil with neem oil in summer grows, to help with pest prevention. My first couple of grows I had heavy gnat issues, that was until I began using Ecoworks cold pressed neem oil. Haven't seen a single bug since implementing.

Each soil amendment I choose is for a different reason, the same with my liquid nutrient additives.

I use Humboldt's Tree Trunk Silica with every feed for strong limbs, their flower Stacker during flower twice a week for increased trichome production and bud density. I use Fox Farm Cal-Mag once a week for guess what, a cal-mag push.

I am currently using @Prescription Blend but unfortunately I only have enough left for another couple of grows as sadly, the company went out of business recently. I'll be looking for a new nutrient line in the future, possibly Remo.

I choose FFOF because of the amazing ingredient list, my plants thrive on this soil so much!

I have a 4x4 and a 3x3 tent amongst others, a total of 6 fans, 3 oscillating, I box, 2 turbos. I don't run them all at one time, naturally. My 4x4 has a total of 5 fans that will all be on come flower. Seedling stage starts with 1 then 2 then 3 to ensure air flow and make those little limbs work out every day, gaining strength for flower to carry the weight of those luscious buds we love to grow.

On top of it all, and most importantly, I clean and maintain my grow room cleanliness at all times, whether I am growing or not! It is the ultimate 1st step to a great grow, that along with preparation and constant monitoring.

In addition, I make sure my Photone app for PPFD monitoring is working well so I can ensure my plants have just the right amount of light for each stage in development.

It's a lot of small things that make a big difference in the end. I hope this opens up soil eyes to the options available to us when growing our ladies or boys-if you are lucky enough to be crossing and making strains! One day, when I have space. Until now, it's the ladies in soil way or the highway for me.

Hope this helps at least 1 person get their soil grow ready!
I like to use a 50/50 of OF-HF with @Bill284s blend of bokashi, frass and myco. I don’t know what’s in it but when you wet it to activate it in 24 hrs. It’s covered with white fungus and the plants seem to like it. CL🍀 :morenutes::cheesygrinsmiley:

Welcome back Krissi!
Thanks so much, Hi Em!!!
I like to use a 50/50 of OF-HF with @Bill284s blend of bokashi, frass and myco. I don’t know what’s in it but when you wet it to activate it in 24 hrs. It’s covered with white fungus and the plants seem to like it. CL🍀 :morenutes::cheesygrinsmiley:
See this is exactly what I want from this post, more ideas for soil growers! I almost used insects frass this grow but decided not to. I do plan on mixing it up some one grow one day with some of Bill's methods, it's always worth trying something new out, especially when you see the results others have had. But like I said, thank you, I encourage anyone who uses soil to use this thread as an avenue to share their grow dos and don'ts! We can ALL benefit from each other!

Thanks so much, Hi Em!!!

See this is exactly what I want from this post, more ideas for soil growers! I almost used insects frass this grow but decided not to. I do plan on mixing it up some one grow one day with some of Bill's methods, it's always worth trying something new out, especially when you see the results others have had. But like I said, thank you, I encourage anyone who uses soil to use this thread as an avenue to share their grow dos and don'ts! We can ALL benefit from each other!
Thought 💭 I would put it out there and see what you thought. If it wasn’t well received then it would’ve been the last time. But I thought it might be useful for someone. Happy growing Jersey. CL🍀

Thought 💭 I would put it out there and see what you thought. If it wasn’t well received then it would’ve been the last time. But I thought it might be useful for someone. Happy growing Jersey. CL🍀
Clover, well received or not, you keep posting. It may not relate to one person but it may to another, you never know and we would never know all these options if people like you didn't "put them out there". 100%, keep posting whatever thoughts you have!

Clover, well received or not, you keep posting. It may not relate to one person but it may to another, you never know and we would never know all these options if people like you didn't "put them out there". 100%, keep posting whatever thoughts you have!
Aww shucks Jersey you’re just too kind. Big hugs. CL🍀 :circle-of-love: :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom