How long do you flush?

Here is another purple thai that is in my veg room she is not ready for flower yet lol haha
420-magazine-mobile1055993007.jpg
this is a mob boss that got severely beat lol
420-magazine-mobile1753789200.jpg
420-magazine-mobile429859758.jpg
lol and all my purple thai and blue dream clones
420-magazine-mobile518264565.jpg

Sent from my SM-S902L using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Promise you'll be happy when you use the spray just use 6.8 ph water then mix nutes in water you'll be impressed I was lol like I said 2 tablespoons per gallon it says 2 teaspoons per gallon I double smells like dead fish or something but the plants love this stuff
420-magazine-mobile664353640.jpg
420-magazine-mobile525304099.jpg
those two pics are same plant granted that plant was abused and half eatin by a dog a month ago and was 3/4 the size I use 100% all fox farm dirt and nutes this is a picture of a purple thai 3 weeks after starting in dirt
420-magazine-mobile252510615.jpg
flower kiss was main reason she big but I don't nute clones in dirt till week starting week 3

Flushing is over rated. You miss out on two weeks of growth if you follow the standard advice in various forums. Pick your flowers in two weeks when they are ready and hang them as you normally would. Depending on your temps and humidity, they should be dry enough to start curing in about 4 to 5 days.

Before you start curing, do yourself a favor and smoke one right away. Depending on the growing conditions, you'll experience a certain level of harshness. It won't be as bad as people say. Once you've established the harshness level of your flowers and you've paid attention to the taste after a good dry, take your flowers and put them in jars for curing.

After a week curing (make sure you know who to cure), take another sample and you will notice the harshness go down and the taste will start to improve. Go another week and do the same taste test.

Eventually the bacterial that causes curing to happen will have ingested the chlorophyll that holds the harsh nuts.

By then, or a bit later the harshness will be gone and the taste will be amazing.

I never flushed once. If you don't believe me, try two plants side by side. Flush one for two weeks and let the other grow with the extra nuts. Cure them both (all flowers should be cured regardless if you want a good tasting bud) and notice the difference between the two plants when you smoke them.

I will get crucified for this and I'm expecting a reaction. But try it an see for yourself.

cheers

I full heartedly believe in flushing cause of excess nutrients in the plant cause the plant uses the nutrients from the plants fan leafs and lower foliage they will yellow a little bit or will yellow and die off quite a bit on the bottom or bigger water leafs so giving nutrients all the way through is pointless I give them nutes for last week or 2 I put all my plants on a 9 week 8 weeks of nutrients 1 week of flush and I have rich smelly juicy sticky buds but this is my opinion on flushing

Nutrients don't give you weight. Lights do. Every nutrient company includes a flush in their feed schedule. Purges all salts and chemicals. You actually ween your plant off slowly until you just stick to water.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Nutrients don't give you weight. Lights do. Every nutrient company includes a flush in their feed schedule. Purges all salts and chemicals. You actually ween your plant off slowly until you just stick to water.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Thank you Chronic Affair :)

Howdy All and as mediums were mentioned earlier in the thread. Only having used soil indoor and outside. I cut nuit's in half at the 3rd to last watering, then after 5 days. Flush with 3 to 4 gallons of R/O'ed water depending on the size of the pots. I do this over a whole days time giving one gallon every 6 to 8 hours. The PH is adjusted to at least 8. The last two watering's are just R/O'ed water at around 8 PH. Dissolving a little baking soda elevates it easily.

This will purge the soil and the purpose of elevating the PH to 7.5 (minimum) to 8 or higher. This will purposely cause lock-out of what the roots take in. The plant itself is basically done, it will produce no more new growth if you have decided to cut it within two weeks. You are ripening her up at this point. What ever it has stored up will be consumed in two weeks but this raising of the PH guarantees. She will not take in any residuals that may not have been flushed out of the soil.

PH_Chart2.PNG

I keep them damp and fan them very heavy, at as low of a humidity as I can possibly get, while upping the heat. This will help lower the humidity. Allowing them to respire as easily as possible. Depending on the trich's your after determines when to start and the little bit of yield you may be losing should have nothing to do with it. Add one more plant next time if it is yield your are concerned about.

You can taste a difference in the smoke and just try it one time with two of the same plants. Apply it to one and not the other and cure the same way and same amount of time. You will be surprised and it is so simple to achieve.
...Peace.....

:420: :peacetwo:

If you do not flush plz remind me to never come to your place to smoke your bud.

I do not really want to smoke nutes that are within the bud still as they are harmful to smoke even if manufacturer says otherwise.

Flush the plants guys and gals Ok.. :)

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Yes grebs lol fox farm just flush for a week 1st day use sledge double dose and the 6.3 ph water for 6 more days

Flushing is useful to remove excess fertilizer (N in particular) from your medium if you tend to overfeed or borderline overfeed throughout flowering, as many people do. If your plant is already low on nutrient levels by the end of flower, as it should be, then there's no need whatsoever to flush. I haven't flushed in a couple years except for emergencies unrelated to harvest. I just keep the plants in very low level bloom nutes through to the end, or use water-only, depending on how the plant looks a couple weeks prior to harvest.
There are people growing in lots of different situations. You may need to flush before harvest or you may not. If your nutrient levels have been managed well then you shouldn't need to.

If you do not flush plz remind me to never come to your place to smoke your bud.

I do not really want to smoke nutes that are within the bud still as they are harmful to smoke even if manufacturer says otherwise.

Flush the plants guys and gals Ok.. :)

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User
No guessing, trying.

Grab one plant, dont flush it but boil the roots 3 days before chop and put it back under the lights.

This way all the salts in the soil or coco will be flushed out at once and because the plant has no more working roots but its still alive it will eat the nutes in the tissue very fast.

This will be one of the smoothest smokes you ever had. It yellows within the first 48hours like after 2 weeks of RO water.

Tried both. Stick to boiling.

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Agreed with XobeMan 100% not flushing your weed makes smoking it nasty

Read something bout boiling and try it. It works like a charm without 2 weeks of plain water. You achieve the same with one watering with boiling water when the plant is DONE.

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Back
Top Bottom