How long should you hold in your hits?

Rin101

Be it smoke or vapor, how long do you hold in your hits? Do you have a reason behind it?

I don't smoke anymore, but when I did smoke I tried to hold in my hits for just 3 seconds because I read somewhere that 90% of THC from smoke is absorbed in the first 3 seconds..not sure if that is true, but I didn't want the smoke to ruin my lungs.

Now I only vaporize, and I shoot for holding vapor hits in for 10-15 seconds. I've experimented with it and it seems to get me higher than just holding it in for 5 seconds, but that could just be a placebo-type effect.

:popcorn:

I hold in my vape hits for about 20-30 seconds. Mainly because I enjoy the accompanying head rush. With smoke, unless I'm trying to ghost the hit intentionally for the sake of showing off or stealth, I hold it in for just a few seconds.

I think 5-8 seconds is good, but me and my friends play a game with the last hit of our turn. We hold it till the blunt comes back again, and if you cough you lose. They are good though no one loses anymore.

Until you pass out,of course. ;)

I saw Katt Williams on tv last night talking about using a vape for the first time. He was waiting for the "warning cough" that let him know he was inhaling too much. It never came inhaling from the vape. Katt said it let him know that you can get too high on weed.

I figure 5-10 seconds is enough...I've also read the cilia on the lungs absorbs most of the THC in the first initial seconds.

At home - until the next hit.

At work - until there is no visible smoke upon exhale <WHEW!>.

Hash-oil cookie through the 3liter gravity bucket bong - .000000000000005 seconds. (Anecdotal evidence that the smoke from one hit only needs to see the inside of your lungs to get to your head.)

The Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research studies that I looked at instructed the subjects to hold their hits for 10 seconds.

Hash-oil cookie through the 3liter gravity bucket bong - .000000000000005 seconds. (Anecdotal evidence that the smoke from one hit only needs to see the inside of your lungs to get to your head.)

haha,, that's so funny,, and true,,, don't forget the spit that gets projectiled across the room as you cough your brains out, and your face turns all different shades of red/purple:rofl::rofl:

hold it until you can't hold it any more... then just a bit more.

on me it depends how big my hit is...if i take a big fucking hit where the piont that im going to cough hold it for a lil bit then exhale...or sometimes i just take a "hit"...not a big hit but i hold it a lil bit more that the big hit...:bigtoke:

NORML sponsored study showed holding it in for more than 5 seconds was pointless and could be harmful from the lack of oxygen and giving your lungs more time to absorb the bad shit.

I don,t hold my hits or take big hits of a joint or blunt.. Don;t really use bowls anymore..
I like to savor the taste of my homegrown, 100% organic buds. If you smoke a joint or blunt to fast you over heat and burn/waste the blunt.. I've gotten to the point where I like to sit back take my time and savor the taste and the aroma.

I think you are all right let your conscious be your guide. :peace:

I have read that holding for a long time is not necesary, that the little hair like things in our lungs get a dose very fast, and the head rush of HOLDING it is because we deprive our brains of oxygen.

I hold mine anyway! LOL Just Because!

You are correct holding a hit won't get you higher. Once we inhale our lungs get no more oxygen which is needed to transfer the thc into your system. Research shows one must exhale and inhale again to have an effect. I tend to let a little out and reinhale. Years ago when I had very little to smoke and couldn't afford much I would use Helium grade balloons and exhale the hit into them then pinch off the opening. When ready just open the balloon and inhale.:peace:

I take my hit until lungs are full, clear/rush/carb let go. . hold for 1-3 secs. and exhale. Anything above that is pointless. your lungs start absorbing once air is entered. Its not like that Kick in after 3 secs.

Holding your breath, Just lowers the oxygen in your blood. causing low oxygen to the brain. So you think you feel higher. but Your just holding your breath.

When you inhale Smoke The cannabinoids are INSTANTLY absorbed within 2 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom