How many hours of light do I need for veg growth?

Guys what’s the most cheapest cheapest effective light I can use for veg
i brought 2 led floodlights 100w for less than a tenna delivered, 2800k and a 6000k
and they got my babes to this point
and worked great.
3D64DAA5-0A59-4D46-8F37-01953F606AE3.jpeg

they are now under qbs as the front left started showing pistols, and the qb became free from its other space.
i reckon you could easily veg out with 3/4 of them and they are much cheaper than specified ‘grow lights’
ED0C4E38-9002-4620-849D-B3DBE00D8976.jpeg

Gee ,sorry dude I was just sayn' i bundle the bamboo to let in more light and untie to force the plants into flowering....silk flowers were for camoflage,and maybe you just get stoned on some of my homegrown huh,?and you feel such like a bongbitch ? what is yur problem buddy ?...Later. you right

Gee ,sorry dude I was just sayn' i bundle the bamboo to let in more light and untie to force the plants into flowering....silk flowers were for camoflage,and maybe you just get stoned on some of my homegrown huh,?and you feel such like a bongbitch ? what is yur problem buddy ?...Later...
You right ain't nothing wrong with what you said.

18/6 or 24/0, that is the eternal question.

Those numbers refer to the amount of light and dark that the plant receives (18 hours of light / 6 hours of darkness). Anything above 14 hours of light per day will keep the plant in vegetative mode-- growing leaves and not buds. When you want to switch to flowering you reduce the cycle to 12/12.

Cannabis plants grow without hassle under 24 hours of continuous light. There has been no controlled recordings of increased hermaphroditism or problems-- most growers now use the full 24/0 cycle.

However, 18/6 does have it's advantages:

* Reduced electricity costs. When you have a good mother plant collection and clone cycle, you don't need the increased growth the extra light provides. Lowering the cycle will save money.
* Allows the equipment and room to cool down. Those 6 hours of darkness can be timed to happen during the hottest part of the day, providing some relief for growers in hot climates.

Author: administrator
In veg I run it 6/2, 6/2, 6/2

Like three mini "days" in one 24hr period

I've done it this way for years, works a treat - really helps with keeping temperatures regulated in the summer

14/10 is new to me and if you grow some strains, like G-13, you will run into issues of some plants actually going into flower. I know for a fact that G-13 begins flowering at 14/10, makes a great outdoor strain in northern environments. I've read that 20/4 gives the best results for root development. I have also read that after 16hours of photosynthesis the rate of photosynthesis greatly diminishes, I've been wanting to try 16/4 for a while but I have not bought any digital timers yet. I've read good things about flowering under 16/12 as well, but again have not tried it. There are a lot of different experimental ideas dealing with changing diurnal cycles if you look for it.
If doing an outdoor grow in the Mid Atlantic region, post frost length of day starts with 14 hours of daylight and never gets as long as 15 hours and then the days start getting shorter. You have to cover plants with black plastic in late June or early July to artificially create 12 hours of darkness to trigger flower so you have enough sunny, warm weather to complete flowering.

If doing an outdoor grow in the Mid Atlantic region, post frost length of day starts with 14 hours of daylight and never gets as long as 15 hours and then the days start getting shorter. You have to cover plants with black plastic in late June or early July to artificially create 12 hours of darkness to trigger flower so you have enough sunny, warm weather to complete flowering.
To follow up, I plan to start the grow indoors so that seeds have sprouted by early February. I have to use a 14/10 cycle indoors and move outdoors on May 7 which is the first 14 hour day of the year. The days get longer until the summer solstice on June 21, which is when the plants will be blacked out to create 12 hours of darkness for two weeks. This will initiate flowering and allow 8-10 weeks of time for flowers to mature while the weather is still hot and the sunlight is still strong. Essentially 3 months indoors and 4+ months outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom