How many plants under one light?

LuvvinMyHG

I was wondering how many plants are optimum for one 1000 watt metal halide lamp. My first grow I did 12 plants (legal limit) and got about 14 ounces. I topped the plants once to reduce height. After talking to a seasoned grower :bigblush:he said I would be better off only growing 6 plants and letting them bush out. I would like to get your opinion.
I am going to try AK47 from seed in 4 gallon pots with soil. The total height of my room is 70" so if you subtract pot height, room for lamp and space beneath lamp I only have about 40" to work with. Also does anyone have any tips as far as what type of grow I should do e.g. regular, SCROG, SOG, Lollipopping etc.
I feel I am pretty good at taking care of them and I have plenty of time to devote.
I know there are lots of options but what would you do, given my restraints?
Thanks

If it were me I would progress up to a 7 gallon pot for six plants. It will take longer to veg but imo it will be worth it. Let the roots grow into the pot and flip. More roots, more buds.

i have been running 9 in 5 gallon smartpots for a long time and im thinking of doing 6 in 7 gallon pots but might do 10 gallons on two of them and give two weeks extra veg to see the difference! I am definitely going to say 6 too. remember sometimes your strain is a deciding factor too. I have had strains that only take up one sq ft and some that take up 12 sq ft.

Back
Top Bottom