How many plants with my setup

rumplestiltskin

Hi,

How many plants should I use for my setup? I want to get the biggest yield possible.

3x3 area with tent
600w HID light - 60watts per sq ft. Total sq ft is 9 so 60x9 = 540watts, light should be perfect? - Would there be any benefit of going with a 1000W HID?
Budbizz nutrients
Small fan
Autoflower seeds

I was thinking 2x plants in 5 gallon grow bags?

I see some people use 1 plant, some 4, some more. I don't understand how I will decide? My goal is the biggest yield possible.

Do you want to yield a bunch all at once or a little every few weeks? If you want a bunch every few months then grow out 2-4 large plants and fill out a nice canopy.
Of you want a continuous supply then a rotation of smaller plants, etc.
I have a small perpetual setup with a 2x4 bloom cabinet and a 2x3 veg cabinet. Every two weeks i chop a medium sized plant or two and move a new one over from veg. Usually yielding 2-8 oz every few weeks depending on the strain, etc.
Also, if you prefer indica, sativa or hybrid. It's a lot easier to pack in some shorter growing plants than a bunchy of leggy tropical strains.
Get some LED lights. You will have WAY less heat issues. You can pull off impressive yields with the new quantum board styles LEDs. Don't fall for the hype the cheap amazon blurple lights advertise. Here's a nice little northern lights plant i just harvested with super hard buds grown under a 100w LED

Attachments

• 20200601_224623.jpg
    20200601_224623.jpg
    609.5 KB · Views: 124
I'm rather new so not sure! I've tried LED's but finding an affordable one with the right pull from wall wattage is difficult. How can I manage the heat?

I'm rather new so not sure! I've tried LED's but finding an affordable one with the right pull from wall wattage is difficult. How can I manage the heat?
Your best investment for growing meds is your light. There are a couple incredible options for a 3x3 tent. Budget 250w r spec led or mars hydro tsw2000 are worth every penny and then some

Also good to take into consideration the climate that you live in. You need to move a lot of air in and out you of the tent might need an AC unit. I would lean towards LED if I was you that is a pretty small space for an HID. I do grow with 1000 watt HID in a 5x8x8 room in a cool climate and it's a challenge during the summer.

Your best investment for growing meds is your light. There are a couple incredible options for a 3x3 tent. Budget 250w r spec led or mars hydro tsw2000 are worth every penny and then some

This outputs from wall 300W which is half of the 600W. So this wouldn't cover even a 40w per SQ FT :(

This outputs from wall 300W which is half of the 600W. So this wouldn't cover even a 40w per SQ FT :(

I ran a mars tsw2000 my first grow, yielded 8oz. Temps were between 63 at night and 76 during the day with my exhaust fan on low. And it was in a larger tent. Led you can run a great harvest on 20w/sq foot

Back
Top Bottom