how many times have you tried to quit

I quit for 19 years because MJ made me have panic attacks. Weird, huh? I had been blazing away for 13 years and then one day BLAM!...panic attack after I did a few bongs! I said to myself "WTF?" How is that possible? I tried it again last summer at a party and no more panic attack but I also don't smoke all day, every day like I used to. Now I smoke a few puffs at night for sleep and sometimes if I don't have anything planned I'll take a couple tokes during the day and just chill. There's no way I can be productive while I'm under the influence. I haven't had a hit in about 4 days so I guess I quit every week :laughtwo:

I know i can quit, if i really had to ... Theres really no reason to quit imo, its not hurting me in anyway, what i need to quit is ciggarettes ... tryed that about a billion times.

420AM&PM said:
I know i can quit, if i really had to ... Theres really no reason to quit imo, its not hurting me in anyway, what i need to quit is ciggarettes ... tryed that about a billion times.

I tried to quit smoking cigarettes quite a few times, too, before I had success. I found the biggest obstacle to quitting was being around other smokers. I quit over a weekend by going away and not being around anyone else that smoked. If you can go 48 hours without a smoke, you can go for as long as you want to. It really is that simple. There's no magic patch or gum that'll help you quit. They all keep you addicted to nicotine which is more addictive than opiates. The ritual habit of smoking is an addiction all by itself so you are fighting two demons during the withdrawls. That's why cigarettes are so very difficult to give up. My addictive personality has had me addicted to opiates (pharmaceuticals, not heroin. BETTER than heroin) and nicotine in the far past so I know first hand that cigarettes are the toughest to beat. If you can quit smoking, you are your own master and have full control of yourself...good luck!

i have to quit smoking for 6 months because of my probation...if i had the money to buy synthetic urine every other day i would...but im not gonna even risk it and just learn that I AM IN CONTROL.....after my probation is up thats when im gonna go buy an qp and sit there and smoke myself retarded

wow! i'm surprised at all these people that say they CAN'T quit smoking weed. it makes no sense to me. yes marijuana can be a mentally addictive habit, or sometimes a coping mechanism, but it is a habit that shouldn't be so hard to quit if you really want to.

I dont know. I preach that it's nonaddictive all the time, but I tend to get a bit ornery (sp?) when there isnt any green around. Or my fucking "dealer" doesnt return phone calls. If he returned them... I'd stop calling haha.

inutero11 said:
i cant even count anymore,its almost like a addiction. all my friends smoke so im always around it which makes it really hard when yourtrying to quit,plus the thought of i dont NEED to quit right now,im doing fine and its real relaxing(the entire reason why i smoke) so knowing i dont have to stop at the moment makes it that much worse.ive quit for a few months before but i wasnt around it as much as i am now. so how many times have you all tried to quit and whats the longest you went with quitting and why did you start again.

Quitting is for losers.... I'm in it to win

quitting isn't hard. Like other people said it's just willpower. In my particular situation I can only afford only about 2 blazes a week because im back in school and classes and such. I have to keep a good gpa because I wanna get into a nice graduate/professional school. I quit for a lil over 2 weeks to prepare for finals and I did really well on those then when I went back home for break, I toked every night with most of my stoner friends. I would even get stoned when I wasn't going out and just sit in my room and play on the computer. Whats cool about not smoking bowl after bowl every day is it keeps my tolerance low, very low. Its very cost efficient. I can get pretty high off of one little dugout of some very high-quality dank.

I go for pretty long stretches where i don't smoke.
I am either busy with a job i can't smoke at, my family
who don't smoke, or hanging with friends that dont
smoke.

I am not saying i never have weed in the house.
I haven't been dry since i started smoking.
Plus i grow, so i'm never really outta weed.
Just don't need to smoke every day.

On the other hand, i have insomnia, and when
it gets really bad, i smoke, and fall asleep in
record time. :)

It really helps me because without it, i would be
taking some expensive prescription, and
who needs that.

So yeah, i don't "need" it, but i love that it's
there if i want it.

i ve quit smokeing for a week now, must say i do feel better with myself and i dont sleep all day as well.Only stoped so i can get a job,i have not worked for two years now and its doing my head in:cheesygrinsmiley: I ve notised when i smoke, i all ways put things off (i'll do it tomorrow) As soon as i get a job i'll be back on it:peace: :allgood:

Gorillabuds said:
I tried to quit smoking cigarettes quite a few times, too, before I had success. I found the biggest obstacle to quitting was being around other smokers. I quit over a weekend by going away and not being around anyone else that smoked. If you can go 48 hours without a smoke, you can go for as long as you want to. It really is that simple. There's no magic patch or gum that'll help you quit. They all keep you addicted to nicotine which is more addictive than opiates. The ritual habit of smoking is an addiction all by itself so you are fighting two demons during the withdrawls. That's why cigarettes are so very difficult to give up. My addictive personality has had me addicted to opiates (pharmaceuticals, not heroin. BETTER than heroin) and nicotine in the far past so I know first hand that cigarettes are the toughest to beat. If you can quit smoking, you are your own master and have full control of yourself...good luck!

Well said Gorilla. We all have a "habit" of smoking. You do the same things you do every day, and the habit of smoking is just part of the day. You have to take yourself out of the situation and change your daily routine.

I wanted to quit cigarettes, and had already planned to go camping. So I took the opportunity to quit. I did not miss it the whole week, my routine had completely changed. The tough part was coming home. I just kept switching up my routine. I also told myself if I really wanted to smoke, give it 5 minutes and then smoke. By then I was off doing something else and didn't even remember I wanted a smoke.

Now see, I used to get up and roll a joint while I was waiting on the coffee to brew. Now I roll it afterthe coffee is done!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom