How much longer should I veg this thing?

fanleaf

So today is exactly 30 days from the day it broke soil but it's huge, Showing hairs I'm getting a bit anxious.

It's AK47 from marijuanaseedshop in Amsterdam
Lighted with 400W but 270 Actual draw watts of Advanced Platinum LED and 2x 125W CFL for side light.
Grown in FFOF and being fed ok at over 800ppm right now
She just got suppercropped as you can see in the pics
Shes been topped twice
Shes in a 5 gallon air pot so you can judge size (shes 28" wide and 14 tall)
Many tops at canopy level
I will be following the FF nute guide through flower. Cha Ching/Beastie Bloomz/Open Sesame

I'm looking to flip her when it's fair to expect 3-4 ounces dry.
When would you experienced fellas flip to try to obtain may weight goal? Is she close to where you would go for it? Or do I need to slow my roll a bit? Thanks
Here are some pics of her as of today.
IMG_036428.JPG
IMG_036338.JPG
IMG_036529.JPG

It depends on the height of your grow area. She will stretch once you go 12/12. I am guessing twice the size she is now. If she has hairs showing go ahead and let her flower, she is talking to you. Good luck and keep us posted.
Lets start a dry weight guess, mine is 114 grams.

It depends on the height of your grow area. She will stretch once you go 12/12. I am guessing twice the size she is now. If she has hairs showing go ahead and let her flower, she is talking to you. Good luck and keep us posted.
Lets start a dry weight guess, mine is 114 grams.
Height of my grow room is 7' minus enough for the LED's so probably 6'
I've worked with her pretty well I think to make her short and wide. I'll flip her in the next day or two. That way she will be ready for next feeding and I can change up the nutes for flowering stage.

I'm not sure I even need to flush before going into flower because last water runoff tested at only 280ppm TDS. Can flush if you guys think it would still be good to do. I do have Sledgehammer on hand for it.

You should be able to get your 3 or 4 ounces off her no problem- you'll obviously have to keep on top of the training as she stretches. I would switch to a ten gallon pot though. Five will be ok but definitely on the small side and she'll be needing a lot of watering.

You should be able to get your 3 or 4 ounces off her no problem- you'll obviously have to keep on top of the training as she stretches. I would switch to a ten gallon pot though. Five will be ok but definitely on the small side and she'll be needing a lot of watering.
Thanks!
That leaves me with a question though. If I do transplant into a 10 gallon pot I probably don't want fresh FFOF added the the new pot correct? If I'm not mistaken when you start flower you don't want the bunch of added N correct? If that's the case would I want to use a soil with no nutrition in it so I can better control what goes in and out at this point? Something like a promix?

Very good question. Yeah I think you'd want to avoid an N rich soil for sure at this point. I'm not a soil grower so am a little clueless about what would be best to do. Yes adding a peat based medium like sunshine or promix should work no problem - but you may be adding fertilizer weekly if you go that route, as the promix doesn't contain much of anything for food. I'm not sure if you planned on feeding much during flowering, or not. Hopefully a real soil grower will come along. I don't think it's a dilemma-I'm sure this type of transplant is done all the time- I just don't have the soil experience to recommend the right approach.
You may be ok in 5 gallon. I grow my plants in individual scrog screens. They're 19"x 24". I've found that a five gallon pot is the bare minimum size, seven is better and ten is better yet.

Very good question. Yeah I think you'd want to avoid an N rich soil for sure at this point. I'm not a soil grower so am a little clueless about what would be best to do. Yes adding a peat based medium like sunshine or promix should work no problem - but you may be adding fertilizer weekly if you go that route, as the promix doesn't contain much of anything for food. I'm not sure if you planned on feeding much during flowering, or not. Hopefully a real soil grower will come along. I don't think it's a dilemma-I'm sure this type of transplant is done all the time- I just don't have the soil experience to recommend the right approach.
You may be ok in 5 gallon. I grow my plants in individual scrog screens. They're 19"x 24". I've found that a five gallon pot is the bare minimum size, seven is better and ten is better yet.

I was thinking the promix would be good for the transplant because here is my feeding schedule for the flower cycle.

Week 5- OR--day 1 of 12/12-- 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Open Sesame
Week 6--same as above
Week 7-- 2 Tsp Grow Big + 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/4 tsp Beastie Bloom
Week 8-- 2Tsp Grow Big + 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Beastie Bloom
Week 9-- 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/4 tsp Cha Ching
week 10-- Same as above
Week 11--2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Cha Ching

At beginning of week 11--Check Trichomes-- Flush if ready.. otherwise, continue as with week 11 every week until you flush!

So I know my 5 gallons of FFOF the plant is in right now is about spent due to flushing and plant eating because my TDS on runoff is miniscule between feedings right now, it's in the 200's for TDS. So if I use promix added with what its in now it would give me almost total food control through the flower stage.
Look forward to some feed back on this.

I think it should be fine then. Curious what others say, if someone happens to come along. More likely, from the thread title, people assume you've been answered by now. If you need more answers- probably best to start another thread and lure some soil growers in.
Soilless like promix uses a hydro ph of 5.8-6.2, while soil is 6.5-7. I really doubt if you'll see problems as a result though. Maybe just walk the middle road around 6.2-6.5.

in my experience ph has no foot hold in soil grows ur nute mix can be all jacked up and the soil fixes it it takes some real extreme ph problems to cause lock out in soil

In this case he could be ending up with a five gallon root ball of soil, surrounded by promix. I doubt if it's much of an issue though

In this case he could be ending up with a five gallon root ball of soil, surrounded by promix. I doubt if it's much of an issue though
Yea, my FF isn't doing much for buffering ph anymore. I always fed nutes with distilled at 6.5-6.8 and was getting runoff at 5.2 and had lockout. I had to flush twice and thank god the soil is finally letting me control the ph somewhat. I think the peat moss in the soil by far out lasted other buffering ingredients for some reason.
I would like to transplant to a 7-10 gallon pot but I want something with no or not much at all nutrition wise so I can control the food and something that will be ok ph wise. This is my first grow and although I didnt skimp on anything I didnt know enough to cut the FF with perlite and add some lime straight out of the gate. To be honest, after this grow I'm scared to death to use the 30qts of FFOF I have left, even with the lime. That acidic soil ph problem was a nightmare to deal with.
I know some folks swear they don't have to do a thing to it and the maintain great ph values and then there are half like me that even using distilled bumped up to 7 end up with lockout do to acidic soil.

I just started a Journal in the "in Progress" section. Starting with the 1st day of flower. Shes getting her last few hours of 18/6 as I type this. Shes hungry and thirsty and I have what she needs all mixed up for tomorrow. Using the FF recipe that's in the "nutes and how to use them" sticky.
Oh yea, I added another 100W Advanced LED to get full plant coverage. Shes rounding 15 inches tall and 28 inches wide now.
I'm going to go ahead and keep her in the 5 gallon for this grow just because I dont want to wait another week to flip her when shes ready to eat again and shes hungry now.
I did however order 3 of the 0.3 gallon air pots as well as 3 of the 1 gallon and 3 of the 3 gallon and another 5 gallon and 2 of the 7 gallon ones. Them things aren't cheap lol.

ok i gotta ask y did u order so many small air pots me personally i would have ordered a few 5 or 7 gallon pots and be done with it i cant think of any real use for the smaller ones that would justify the cost start in a peat moss starter plug or rock wool cube put in a red solo cup for a few weeks and then straight into its permanent home aka the 5 or 7 gallon air pot i strayed away from air pots they r too dang expensive for my taste i bought those 4 dollar reusable shopping bags from walmart i use them as a smart pot they work great congrasts on the new led good move buddy u may want to get u a small bottle of cal/mag since u r running led now my next grow i am doing away with it all i will be running a rdwc system i am tired of paying for over priced dirt and poo lol

ok i gotta ask y did u order so many small air pots me personally i would have ordered a few 5 or 7 gallon pots and be done with it i cant think of any real use for the smaller ones that would justify the cost start in a peat moss starter plug or rock wool cube put in a red solo cup for a few weeks and then straight into its permanent home aka the 5 or 7 gallon air pot i strayed away from air pots they r too dang expensive for my taste i bought those 4 dollar reusable shopping bags from walmart i use them as a smart pot they work great congrasts on the new led good move buddy u may want to get u a small bottle of cal/mag since u r running led now my next grow i am doing away with it all i will be running a rdwc system i am tired of paying for over priced dirt and poo lol

I have an awesome reason for buying these and I think I will post a thread on it too.
The other day after I supercropped I was trying to figure out the best way to keep the branches down until they naturally stay down right? Well, I seen all of those hundreds of holes in the air pots and it hit me! All I have to do is cut some random length 10-12 inch pcs of any plastic coated wire. I used some 20awg wire I had laying around and just stick one end in a hole in the pot about 1-2 inches and take the other end and wrap it over the branch and stick it through another hole in the pot on the other side! Wire length is not a big deal because if it's longer than you need you just pick a hole further down the pot and stick it in an inch or so. Then as the plant grows all I have to do is move the wire to whatever holes I need to keep the branches where I want them. It worked so unbelievably sweet! What do you think?

man i think u r making it a lot harder then it has to be u can super crop with nothing but ur hands and a plant
image_2_410.jpeg
this super crop job took about a week of going out there and bending my plant twice a day now it wasn't scrogged but i still think i will get a pound off of it grown in a 5 gallon bucket outside

man i think u r making it a lot harder then it has to be u can super crop with nothing but ur hands and a plant
image_2_410.jpeg
this super crop job took about a week of going out there and bending my plant twice a day now it wasn't scrogged but i still think i will get a pound off of it grown in a 5 gallon bucket outside
Yea, I have super cropped it a few times by hand already and I love the results for sure. I use the wire just to influence some branches as they grow to make em grow more outwards a bit before going up. Juust like super cropping but on some of the branches that I really didn't want to super crop.
Heck, this plant was the first for me and from the first time I pinched and twisted a branch and seen it heal like that, I knew this was for me.

Back
Top Bottom