How often do I water with nutes and plain water?

smoke2die4

Ok I am growing in soil and was wondering what a good schedual is for watering my plants? Currently I am watering every two days (mon, wen, fri, sun, tues, thurs, and so forth) every other watering day I water with nutes and the other watering days I use ph'd water. My plants are growing but seem to be growing slow. I have reaf and watched a lot of videos on the internet but was wondering if there is a proven better way? Should I water with nutes on 1 day and water the next day with water and give it nothing the third day? Or should I give it nutes one day and then give it two days and give it ph'd water and give it two days and give it ph'd water and then give it nutes the next two days? Any info would be appreciated. I am using heavy 16 nutes. Again thanks to all that reply.

Growing in soil will always be abit slower than compared with hyro in veg...

Lighting may be a question & total wattage used with Mh/metal halide will normally out rank cfl in veg (6500k aprox/blue spectrum)

I normally adjust lighting by an inch or ecery few days to allow for growth.

Lighting regime may be of question also, i personally don't favour 24/7 lighting as plants need a dark period to do hormone stuff with 18/6 being the normal this can varie between growers tho.

In veg i normally feed once a week at full rate or twice a week at half rate recommended allowence keeping the soil moist but not over watered.

This can be gauaged by the lift/weight test, a watered pot will weigh heavy than a pot not watered... ya learn to gauge weight ratio in short period of time.

Their is also the finger test by inserting finger into growing medium to test for moisture content !

P.s smaller pots will dry out quicker than larger pots also noting larger plants may require more watering often !

When soil is dry water or you will end up overwatering, with his schedule or a schedule you use, its trial and error on what and how and whats best for your grow area and conditions.

Yeah its trial and error until u have u conditions worked out. Its not too difficult but it can take some time to get right. Ive been growing years mate and i still trying to perfect it. The main thing is not to overwater. The problem most new growers have is they want to do too much and be busy around their babies. Less is more in soil. Just water/feed wen pot feels light to lift up wen compared to after a water. U'll tell the difference. Good luck....

Back
Top Bottom