How Should I Select My Grow Space?

Small set up it’s an old filing cabinet wooden having a little bit of trouble with ventilation and humidity not exactly sure how to keep the heat up in the humidity down then again I am in the deep South
can you intake air from another room, one that has a/c to control humidity and run a small heater in cabinet to heat.

i find when i get high humidity i can't control in my grow room in basement in summer i usually drop temps. intaking air from my air exchange for house helped the best for humidity and temps.

can you intake air from another room, one that has a/c to control humidity and run a small heater in cabinet to heat.

i find when i get high humidity i can't control in my grow room in basement in summer i usually drop temps. intaking air from my air exchange for house helped the best for humidity and temps.
No lie that’s exactly how I have it set up there’s a heat lamp in the bottom of it with a fan down there too and I have it open where the top door stays open I’ll send picture so you can see how he set up there’s an air conditioner and a fan points directly at it and they use the controls my humidity for the most part this is hard to keep the humidity below 45 to 48% continues to keep rising above 48% like 50 or 55 drives me nuts

1F4F0F78-BB42-4391-AE8A-9797BD0F958D.jpeg

4FDF2734-B147-4A58-927A-688762210C22.jpeg

D748078B-8674-4F08-8BE0-D9C9D7C42451.jpeg

A211D825-20F3-47AF-AA4C-B987D8FA0DD4.jpeg

11E36FAE-4A77-461C-A407-0774592A52B0.jpeg

1E5917DC-7B9C-485A-91D2-DFA8EF9F7FBD.jpeg

E262E547-B857-4A12-8AA3-2655152C0D7F.jpeg

761BF2D0-5C4B-4336-90B9-E8985909921B.jpeg

thats awesome build mate, i've seen people selling them with DWC system that auto feeds the plants, they build them to look like a lockers. they run computer fans at the vents like you have top and bottom. don't know if your already doing that, but that should ciriculate the air in cabinet, don't know if one intake and one exhaust.

are you doing a gravity feed hydro grow in with the white pvc pipe? clones?

if you need to move more air in the cab look in to amplifier fans. they move a pile more than computer fans and are usually metal blade.

thats awesome build mate, i've seen people selling them with DWC system that auto feeds the plants, they build them to look like a lockers. they run computer fans at the vents like you have top and bottom. don't know if your already doing that, but that should ciriculate the air in cabinet, don't know if one intake and one exhaust.

are you doing a gravity feed hydro grow in with the white pvc pipe? clones?
No I’m not I was trying to figure out a way to add a fan to the top didn’t think to edit for ventilation to as well might as well thanks for the idea idea

OK another question trying to figure out exactly what stage these plants are and I’m starting to notice there’s a significant size difference I’m not exactly sure if it’s the fact that I have one in a bigger pot and one in a smaller pot but my back plant is creating art I do believe nose on the inner portions post of the stem not sure if I should go ahead and clip of the outer nose or not and let the new ones grow in I already talk to both of them wondering if I should bring my bigger one over so the side can get more light also I did take a few pictures to as well my first plant which is the smaller one the bottom leaves are starting to brown and she’s not getting any bigger but her stem at the bottom is extremelyStrong I feel that she’s growing but I don’t think she’s getting a lot of something but I’m not exactly sure what’s wrong with her need help

78072DBC-DDA4-4DEE-B911-E91DEA2E3563.jpeg

F2000B93-6141-4060-8942-40AF50F5D7DF.jpeg

FC96370F-1C6D-4779-83E9-8A4EC5B7B659.jpeg

D22810E4-9590-432F-9538-BA6F114FD0F1.jpeg

AA314555-9DAB-4906-9507-FABB5CC66D81.jpeg

670B93D0-B34F-4C78-BF8B-CE01863CDC51.jpeg

If you want to further raise temps and decrease humidity you can add a few CFL lights inside your cabinet. CFL's generate a dry heat which should help decrease humidity plus they can also supplement your plant lighting because it looks like you may have a little plant stretch. After adding CFL's you may have to adjust ventilation a little to get your humidity/temps where you want. That's a cool cabinet with a lot of possibilities.

If you want to further raise temps and decrease humidity you can add a few CFL lights inside your cabinet. CFL's generate a dry heat which should help decrease humidity plus they can also supplement your plant lighting because it looks like you may have a little plant stretch. After adding CFL's you may have to adjust ventilation a little to get your humidity/temps where you want. That's a cool cabinet with a lot of possibilities.
Thank you for that I’ll really look into it

Thank you for that I’ll really look into it

you could supercharge that cab with 360 lighting super cheap. use a string or two of adhesive leds, and run the driver outside the cab, unless you want a little extra dry heat. should still be able to get samsung lm's on a string, but i'm not certain if 301's are available on them yet.

search here or google space buckets. a lot of those set ups use 360 lighting with amazing results and are a similar idea to your cab.

Back
Top Bottom