How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

Break Point: I don't know if this will be help full for ya

first I got a little bowl, air pump for fish tank and a few Styrofoam cups that I had lying around cut the bottoms of the cups off then stuck my clippings that had the best chance to root pout them into a hole that I pout into my cup bottom pout them into my bowl of air rated water they floated around for about a week before they had a decent root and then I stock them into the dirt and in know time they were thriving.
Now that was my first time and this next time I'm going to try the gel.
Did you use any thing on yours?:goodluck:

yeah I did the standard clone stuff (wetting the medium, cutting at a 45 degree angle, stripping the lower leaves and nodes, wetting that area of the stem, then dipping it into cloning hormone, then cutting 1/2 the remaining leaves off, then misting the dome.). I've got a "real" grow following this one... this is just some bagseed so it won't break my heart if it goes bad... this clone is an experiment, but I plan on cloning here in a few weeks so I can use this experience. This is the second day and that clone still looks okay in there...I'm gonna mist it again. This time I'm gonna use distilled water though.
should I have this on a heating mat? (I do)

Cloning goes quickest with the liquid rooting solutions, in a warmed, aerated tray, with subdued lighting and high humidity. Placing cuttings into rockwool cubes in a covered tray works great too. In a closet, you can make space above the grow area so that the heat of the lamp warms the tray and spare the expense and hassle of the aquarium heater or agricultural heating pad thermostat.

Man, I just tried to clone 17 cuttings, almost all of them died over night (8hrs).

Just like instructed, only something went wrong somewhere.

Clonex? check
Rockwool cubes? check
Presoak? check
slice and dice? check
Low light? check
covered? check
moist? check

Pre watered females so cuttings would be full of water and nutes, actually used no nute water prior to cutting.

Clean tools.

Wasted no time getting them in the cubes. Cubes are dripping wet but not excessive.

I had it enclosed in a aquarium but it seemed too moist so I removed the top cover to get some ventilation in there. The worst they can do is die and they're already doing that.

I don't get it.

I"m really sorta pissed/frustrated at this. It was looking all happy and things looked to be on track and now, If they all die the whole game plan changes and I've wasted more time.

After taking the clones and planting them, they went under a 4ft florescent lamp.

Since they've all wilted and are dieing I've got to try something.

Opened the top of cloner to reduce heat and increase air, added water to all the cubes.

The water is PHed @ 5.8, no nutes.

I've put them in with the others and it's night time for them at the moment.
Where I think I may have gone wrong is I think the temps got too high? Right around 75 F. May be hotter inside with the lid on.

They should be happy as hell but they're not.

With 5 or so hours of sleepy time and more water they've started to perk up.

nice info! Im a noob with cloning ... picked up an ezclone 30 ... and so far am 8 for 8 with clones ..even cutting from flowering mothers lol.

for a test ..i cut 4 with a dirty scalpel and 4 with the same scalpel still sanitized ... same result.

The only thing with ezcloners ... must stay on top of the water temp. I use bthrive and olivias gel ... good to go. Its really that ez.

Basically .. i search my scrog for a branch that really has little to no chance of reaching the screen ... cut at the base which is generally 45 degrees anyway ... peel some of the outer skin off... dip in olivias .. put in ez cloner ... 4-20 days later ... roots ..then transplant to coco ... all under a t5 4x light. yes ..its that ez.

So don't be skiddish ... IMHO ... ezcloners ..or something similar is worth the investment.

so you can just cut the clipping anywhere on the stem as long as its a clean 45 degree angle or is there a specific spot to cut? Also I was wondering if you can stick the clipping straight into soil and under lights?

Awsome tutorial on cloning! Pretty much the same way I have been doing it for the past year. I am just curious, what formulas have you all found successful for cloning in ez-cloners/aeroponic cloners? I had been using Green Fuse Root Stimulator, Clonex and a touch of Superthrive B-1. I keep the ppm around 300 using RO water and ph 6.2. I have had nearly 100% success with this in different systems.
I bought a Cloner made by Botanicare and used the sample power clone and aqua shield that came with it. More than half of my clones have not made it and most of thier leaves turned yellow then died. Humidity was high and res temp was 75 degrees. Needless to say, I am going back to my old formula, but sure wouldn't mind trying something else others have had success with. I have heard of using the bloom from the 3 part GH series. Any info?
Thanks in advance.:morenutes:

Man. i follow it to a t but all i end up with is slimy brown stem after 10 days of waiting.
so instead of rootech gel im using vitagrow. this time i put the cubes into rough 5 to 6 ph. this time i am noticing little white bumps coming from stem where it meets the rockwool. im hoping thats the start of roots. ive been misting em with ph 5 to 6 water. but not watering because 5 days later the cubes stil damp. after 5 or 6 days they are standing strait up. no wilt. they look great...any advise? keep em in high hummidity dome? how long.
seriously. thanks for making yourself available brother. i appreciate any help yoou can give oh i was scraping em not now though because i dont know how far down to. i do split the stem though. i hold the stem in vita grow and count to 10. they are under a cfl 24/7

Man. i follow it to a t but all i end up with is slimy brown stem after 10 days of waiting.
so instead of rootech gel im using vitagrow. this time i put the cubes into rough 5 to 6 ph. this time i am noticing little white bumps coming from stem where it meets the rockwool. im hoping thats the start of roots. ive been misting em with ph 5 to 6 water. but not watering because 5 days later the cubes stil damp. after 5 or 6 days they are standing strait up. no wilt. they look great...any advise? keep em in high hummidity dome? how long.
seriously. thanks for making yourself available brother. i appreciate any help yoou can give oh i was scraping em not now though because i dont know how far down to. i do split the stem though. i hold the stem in vita grow and count to 10. they are under a cfl 24/7

Keep doin what you are doin. As long as the cubes are moist and don't dry out, it will encourage root growth. The little white bumps you see are what you suspect, and means there is probably better development below the surface. Keep em in a humidity dome and make sure you take it off a few times a day to replennish the air. When roots are showing, you can then remove the dome and the clones can get thier moisture from the roots. You may want to mist em a couple times the first day out of the dome if they show excessive leaf curl.
I have found the "slimey brown stems" stem from heat in the cloner. Vita grow is a good rooting hormone too. I have been running a comparison between several rooting hormones and have found Vita Grow is having the highest success rate so far. As for scraping the stem, you do it where you want roots to initiate, so nothing above the cloner/cube. I just make several tiny slices instead of scraping, less traumatic and leaves less area vulnerable to disease.

Just for additional information for those first time cloners... p.s. I am only a second time cloner and my first time failed miserably... 1 out of 10.. ugh.

One thing that wasn't clear to me the first time was whether or not to continually keep the tray of clones / rockwool soaked in water or nutrient solution. I chose to keep 1/4 to 1/2" of solution in the tray. WRONG CHOICE!

You growing medium (rockwool) should be lightly damp not wet.

IF I am incorrect, please.. experts, let me know.

John

Back
Top Bottom