How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

Mr. Cervantes, You are awsome. Thanks so much for the video. Now I understand how to take the cuttings.
I do have a question if you don't mind.
After the roots have developed, Do you plant the rockwool with the plant or do you remove the rockwool?
Thanks again and Regards to you Sir.

"Make sure the ph is between five and six."

Hey guys, just wanted to make sure this is correct? And do we know the ideal ph ?

Thanks

This is SOOOOO easy guys. Here is what I do and it works every time. I take a Dixie Cup cut holes in the bottom. get a Grodan Cube soaked in mild nutrient solution. I take a cutting, put it in the Grodan cube. Put the cutting and cube in the Dixie Cup with soil. Stick a wooden stick in the cup to hold a small plastic bag up over the plant making a tent. I use sticks used for shishkabobs. So you basically have your Dixie Cup, your cutting and your stick holding the plastic bag over the plant and cup making a clear plastic tent and warm moist environment. Place this under the light until roots develp and you have a clone. Doesn't get any simpler than that. :peacetwo:

this is my method, with coco:

i cut top of girls, and use cuttings...

1. cut
DSC00058_resize.JPG

2. remove leaves on bottom
DSC00049_resize.JPG

3. water & rooting hormone
DSC00055_resize.JPG

DSC00053_resize.JPG

DSC00056_resize.JPG

DSC00066_resize.JPG

now waiting for roots ... :)

Is it possible to use a veging clone as a mother?

Absolutely :) In fact many people don't even keep mothers, other than as a backup reserve in case of emergencies. It is perfectly fine to clone, then clone the clone, then clone the clone of the clone...and so on, ad infinitum. Mothers can get rather big and require extra allocated space as well as a veg light cycle. If you clone your clones, you don't have to worry about that.

If I may make a request for something I have never seen offered in ANY cloning tutorial...

ROOT PROGRESS SHOTS! (The end of the cutting in various stages of change from a cut end of a plant to the color change, to the swelling of the stem and finally the slow development of root buds)

Those of us who have attempted unsuccessfully to clone with Rockwool following the steps outlined here do not know what to look for on the root end of a cutting if the cuttings are taking far longer to root than most tutorials indicate. What does the cutting look like if inspected before significant roots form, but will eventually produce roots and become a viable clone?

How about breaking one of those Rockwool cubes in half and taking some rooting progress photos so we can see what the various stages of root growth looks like? I have a feeling that many potential cloners end up tossing their cuttings away because they don't know what to look for when the clones take longer to root than they are expecting.

As you said yourself... There are TONS of cloning tutorials out there, but of the hundreds I have personally sorted through I have NEVER seen any photos of the cut end of the clone just prior to actual roots appearing.

Thanks in advance!

Nice post 420 Friends! :goodjob:

You can check out my Taking Clones Preview, here:

GREAT stuff Jorge! Some of the highest quality YouTube stuff I have seen and I have looked at A LOT!! :thumb:

I just subscribed to your channel over there. How about adding a section like I asked for previously that shows the various stages of root development for those who's clones are taking longer than normal to root and want to see if their cuttings are still on their way to developing true roots but are not there yet?

I'm thinking of maybe a four to five image progression from cutting to root buds.

Cheers. :)

Does cloning always create a "top" effect on the mother? I've been reading about perpetual grows without the use of mothers... But I was planning to incorporate this idea in a SOG... I figured Vegging for 2 weeks and then taking a clone right before 12/12 from every plant will create an identical garden every 2 weeks? But if the "donor" of the clone ended up topped, that would defeat the purpose of SOG... Or can i clone without creating more/new branches? Sorry if this was a dumb question, just a new grower looking to maximize efficiency.

Thanks,
Drun

ok i have read through this and find it brilliant and helpful especially with the pics in it , brought my little box of supplies, and will now make my first attempt at cloning my baby......have to build the courage to cut the branches first ......lol my poor baby.....
also thanks for all the info......;-)

:love:

THis is a great step by step tutorial and exaclty how i do it too, but i do add an extra step, i clip the tips of all of the leaves of the clones, i have been told and saw my caregiver do this. this makes the clones root faster as it sends a hormone down the stem faster producing roots.Has anyone heard of this ? it seems to work for me..

I do this also. It actives a hormone in the plant that basically tells it time to root.. along with the rooting agent you use in conjuction makes the process work..:peacetwo:

Does cloning always create a "top" effect on the mother? I've been reading about perpetual grows without the use of mothers... But I was planning to incorporate this idea in a SOG... I figured Vegging for 2 weeks and then taking a clone right before 12/12 from every plant will create an identical garden every 2 weeks? But if the "donor" of the clone ended up topped, that would defeat the purpose of SOG... Or can i clone without creating more/new branches? Sorry if this was a dumb question, just a new grower looking to maximize efficiency.

Thanks,
Drun

Im going to try to tackle this question.

No.. not if you dont cut the main shute/stalk/stem.
When I was growing sog and I still do this on my perpetual grow. I take my clones the next day that I hit 12/12. I do this as I am cleaning up my plants removing branches for the good of the plant. In the begining I would veg for 2 weeks a quickly found that 2 weeks was to long.
Question of the donor... yes.. if the main shute got clipped then your going to get a bush. so thats why I wait until that point and there are usually always branches growing on the bottom by that time I dont care if they are only 1 inch long.. I will clone that one there.. so you take your clones off of the bottom and prevent a topping... leave the main alone.

The only dumb question is the question not asked...:peacetwo:

what do you guys think about using pellets to clone in??? my plan on the grown im on now is to take clones off the bottom of the plant the day i go to put them into 12/12, and as im flowering the mother plants im gonna be vegging the clones, so that way when the mothers are done flowering i can go ahead and take clones from the clones and then put the clone into flowering, this way i dont have to use seeds unless i wanna grow a different strain, but this is all new to me so i might have a little trouble with all this, but i gotta use pellets from Hyrdrofarm to do my cloning in, and also i dont have a dome to do all this in so im tryna think of how to make one, cause i have zero dollars, so i was thinkin about cuttin a gallon jug in half and usin it, or using a clear 3 liter and just doin like 2 in each 2 liter... So let me know what you guys think about usin pellets and if you guys got any ideas on how to make a dome, i'd appreciate it, and if you got a minute take a look at my grows, theres tons of info for new growers, well should i say for all growers, some come check me out and let me know what you think , Thanks!!!! :tokin:

what do you guys think about using pellets to clone in??? my plan on the grown im on now is to take clones off the bottom of the plant the day i go to put them into 12/12, and as im flowering the mother plants im gonna be vegging the clones, so that way when the mothers are done flowering i can go ahead and take clones from the clones and then put the clone into flowering, this way i dont have to use seeds unless i wanna grow a different strain, but this is all new to me so i might have a little trouble with all this, but i gotta use pellets from Hyrdrofarm to do my cloning in, and also i dont have a dome to do all this in so im tryna think of how to make one, cause i have zero dollars, so i was thinkin about cuttin a gallon jug in half and usin it, or using a clear 3 liter and just doin like 2 in each 2 liter... So let me know what you guys think about usin pellets and if you guys got any ideas on how to make a dome, i'd appreciate it, and if you got a minute take a look at my grows, theres tons of info for new growers, well should i say for all growers, some come check me out and let me know what you think , Thanks!!!! :tokin:

Some people have good success with those pellets. Personally I dont. But.. the 2 liter bottles will be great as domes. Dont know if I would do more than one plant per. :peacetwo:

Ok, this clarifies a lot for me, while I just started one to see how it fared, I've ordered cloning gel for future grows.

Ok. So I'm trying to clone, it's my first time, and they are not properly rooting. I've been rooting for a week almost 2, and They BARELY have any roots, but are starting to take the nutes from the leaves. Is there any nutes that help Root Production? Thanks in Advance.

Back
Top Bottom