How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I am considering a Megahome MH-943TWS Distiller. 540 watts. Will this work for oil? Can a single oz be done with this one?

:thanks:

WJ

How much solvent do you use for an ounce?

They are really big. A gallon sounds about right. I'm sure the entire 1.75L bottle of alcohol would fit in there.
Keep in mind you need to have your jars ready to catch the recovered alcohol. Not a big deal, but you will have to watch and keep swapping if it's more than one jar of alcohol in there. When I make my oil, I wash in a 20 oz mason jar, so if I do 3 washes, I'll have ~60 oz of alcohol. When I'm recovering the solvent, I have to empty the recovery jar 3 times.

I don't try to get all 60 back though. You will burn your oil! I try to get to ~75-80% of the volume. Just pop off the lid and look inside. You want the solution to still be very liquid so it pours easily into the metal cup. The more alcohol to recover, the thicker your solution will get. Just like with the rice cooker, I will "swirl" my distiller a little at the end. Not constant as that will interfere with the condenser I think, but maybe once or twice a minute, I'll just tilt it towards the recovery jar and shake a little. Do this a few times with the lid off the first time so you can get a visual reference of what's going on inside the machine.

I'm making more this weekend and am planning to try and recover more like 90% and see how well that works. :)
I'll see if I can get an assistant to operate a camera and shoot a video of my process. If not, I'll take some stills at least.

Good luck on member of the year 420motoco!! It's a close one. Many great members your a star among them.

I&I

He is a star!! And, he did win MOTM a couple months back. I think you are looking at an old contest thread. I know this because my name is on the LONG list of nominees for this month. I was surprised to see my name up there and am soooo very honored just to be nominated. So check again for this month. There are 7 of us on the list. LOL There are sooo many good members here.
:peace:
fsc

He is a star!! And, he did win MOTM a couple months back. I think you are looking at an old contest thread. I know this because my name is on the LONG list of nominees for this month. I was surprised to see my name up there and am soooo very honored just to be nominated. So check again for this month. There are 7 of us on the list. LOL There are sooo many good members here.
fsc

FSC, it's now Member of the Year that Motoco is up for this month. He's in 2nd right now. Close if anyone hasn't voted...just saying.

And, Congrats on the nomination for Member of the Month!!! I voted for ya.

How much solvent do you use for an ounce?

They are really big. A gallon sounds about right. I'm sure the entire 1.75L bottle of alcohol would fit in there.
Keep in mind you need to have your jars ready to catch the recovered alcohol. Not a big deal, but you will have to watch and keep swapping if it's more than one jar of alcohol in there. When I make my oil, I wash in a 20 oz mason jar, so if I do 3 washes, I'll have ~60 oz of alcohol. When I'm recovering the solvent, I have to empty the recovery jar 3 times.

I don't try to get all 60 back though. You will burn your oil! I try to get to ~75-80% of the volume. Just pop off the lid and look inside. You want the solution to still be very liquid so it pours easily into the metal cup. The more alcohol to recover, the thicker your solution will get. Just like with the rice cooker, I will "swirl" my distiller a little at the end. Not constant as that will interfere with the condenser I think, but maybe once or twice a minute, I'll just tilt it towards the recovery jar and shake a little. Do this a few times with the lid off the first time so you can get a visual reference of what's going on inside the machine.

I'm making more this weekend and am planning to try and recover more like 90% and see how well that works. :)
I'll see if I can get an assistant to operate a camera and shoot a video of my process. If not, I'll take some stills at least.

Great info here. Thank you as I want to recover the alcohol myself. I have not look into want is available to buy yet. So WJ let us know if you get that one and how it works for you.

fsc

i was meaning Member of the Year, im glad we have so many categories to keep improving the relationships of all the members of this great community.

Congratulations on your nomination fghtsmallcell!

I&i

i was meaning Member of the Year, im glad we have so many categories to keep improving the relationships of all the members of this great community.

Congratulations on your nomination fghtsmallcell!

I&i

Thank you Gfcollective, Oh my goodness. I forgot about member of the year. I am so glad you posted here about it. I just voted and yes it is a close race.

I still miss Cannafan. Has anyone heard from her??

420 Motoco, MOTY! Yes sir. Helping save lives and helping others save their family and loved one's lives? I know how difficult it must be for you. I am always bothering you and you have never complained. Like many others can say, "Without you and your concern for others..."

Love to you and Mo. Good luck! :love::circle-of-love::love:

WJ

WJ,
Hello my friend and thank you for the kind words. I am humbled and honored. How is your huge fast and vast doing?? Did you chop any more of that amazing plant for more oil?? She is a monster plant. I know you don't like them to grow that big but maybe it is a blessing in disguise as you will now have oil enough to get you through your vacation. Motoco also has my vote for MOTY. I had to vote for the man that help me and soo many others.

Thanks again
fsc

WJ,
Whoops, You must be thinking Why is she asking ME that?? I was thinking of someone else when I asked the question above about the plant,. Sorry about that. I must have been tired when I typed that post. I am wide awake now and see my mistakes. Sooo, off I go to ask the right person.

fsc

Motoco :high-five: :love:

Thanks Brother, as usual I don't have time to pay attention :) I really don't get out of the two main threads much. I have went back into the MOTM thread to congratulate all that have been nominated simply because they share their knowledge to help others with their expertise. Actually I do not know many folks here at 420 Magazine, it certainly isn't because I'm a snob (at least in my eyes), like others though we share a 'passion' simply to help others, just a different venue. So you are absolutely correct, there are 'many' stars who are part of 420 Magazine. Honestly, I don't feel like a 'star' :) more like a 'propaganda mongul' for the concentrated oil to help get people healthy :). I keep thinking that Mo's and I passion will start fading away, but we keep seeing what the concentrate does for so many ailments and the passion just grows more and more. Amazing!

Good luck on member of the year 420motoco!! It's a close one. Many great members your a star among them.

I&I

Thanks Brother, as usual I don't have time to pay attention :) I really don't get out of the two main threads much. I have went back into the MOTM thread to congratulate all that have been nominated simply because they share their knowledge to help others with their expertise. Actually I do not know many folks here at 420 Magazine, it certainly isn't because I'm a snob (at least in my eyes), like others though we share a 'passion' simply to help others, just a different venue. So you are absolutely correct, there are 'many' stars who are part of 420 Magazine. Honestly, I don't feel like a 'star' :) more like a 'propaganda mongul' for the concentrated oil to help get people healthy :). I keep thinking that Mo's and I passion will start fading away, but we keep seeing what the concentrate does for so many ailments and the passion just grows more and more. Amazing!

As spoken like a true & genuine Member of the Year.
You SO deserve it brother. I know it means nothing to you, but it's a kind of victory for all of us.
Personally, my life is too chaotic to reach the way you & Mo do. I am too self involved with my own issues too much.
But, I/we admire you so much. You 2 are the real deal & I think I speak for more than 1 in saying...

Thank You.

Hi wj,

Thank you for the kind words. First off you are no bother brother. Everytime I see a post from you I remember like it was yesterday; 'Motoco, I just want to spend time with my grandchildren'. its the most important thing in my life (plus your wife of course). You had Mo and I 'hook line and sinker'! Tackling four major illness at one time? Trust us, the pleasure was all ours. Like cajuncelt, fsc, Cannafan 60 Cal, C Sprite, (caught on FAST, lol) Hiker, SmokesDaKush, GF Collective and many others (sorry if I missed someone, the list is long as what the concentrate works on) we are more than acquaintances, we are connected for life with a special bond. Look at what you guys are doing, helping others with the knowledge you have learned. These are 'friends' we want in life, compassionate folks who 'love' life instead of money.

Thank you!

420 Motoco, MOTY! Yes sir. Helping save lives and helping others save their family and loved one's lives? I know how difficult it must be for you. I am always bothering you and you have never complained. Like many others can say, "Without you and your concern for others..."

Love to you and Mo. Good luck! :love::circle-of-love::love:

WJ

Thank you Brother, all I can say is we Love you guys. Just know my friend we are going to get you right. Not so easy when the fight is been going on for so long. We have to just 'untangle' the big ball of twine compadre. All attitude my friend, just many many wounds to fix. Your courage is beyond anything I've came across. You are a special person my friend. Keep the faith my brother. Let go of the past my friend and look forward to a new life. Easier said and done, but watch, it goes away. Be reborn my friend, its so easy, just let go of the negatives and bring in the positive. One day at a time, live it like its your last. Love you Brother and please tell S we said Hi and pass the love around.

:circle-of-love:

As spoken like a true & genuine Member of the Year.
You SO deserve it brother. I know it means nothing to you, but it's a kind of victory for all of us.
Personally, my life is too chaotic to reach the way you & Mo do. I am too self involved with my own issues too much.
But, I/we admire you so much. You 2 are the real deal & I think I speak for more than 1 in saying...

Thank You.

Thank you Brother, all I can say is we Love you guys. Just know my friend we are going to get you right. Not so easy when the fight is been going on for so long. We have to just 'untangle' the big ball of twine compadre. All attitude my friend, just many many wounds to fix. Your courage is beyond anything I've came across. You are a special person my friend. Keep the faith my brother. Let go of the past my friend and look forward to a new life. Easier said and done, but watch, it goes away. Be reborn my friend, its so easy, just let go of the negatives and bring in the positive. One day at a time, live it like its your last. Love you Brother and please tell S we said Hi and pass the love around.

:circle-of-love:

Not so easy my friend when you've seen the elephant so many times. I asked my best friend to show up at my funeral dressed as the grim reaper & just stand there quietly.
The physical aspect of this is horrifying, but the mental/emotional part has taken most of the joy from me. Unfortunately, too many in my shoes are the same. It's a process I reckon.

I'm in the ICU unit, again, for the past 3 days. This time for my wife who just had a stroke, fell & had hemorrhage in mid brain.
A friend & mentor I've known for 3 1/2 years, loosed his fight with colon cancer after 8 amazing years thanks to the oil as it was supposed to be 2.
Another member of my Ranger unit passed on leaving only 4 of us left.

Hell, the physical part of this isn't that bad compared to the other.
I lost half of my last grow due to being homeless & am very thankful for what I did get.

If God only gives us what we can handle, in a regular badass I guess.

On a positive note (sorry for being the turd in the punchbowl), my state is getting serious about medical. I've been asked by the local NORML chapter to be part of a panel to speak with PACT, Physicians Alliance for Cannabis Therapy, next month at the Capitol.
Big steps.

Not so easy my friend when you've seen the elephant so many times. I asked my best friend to show up at my funeral dressed as the grim reaper & just stand there quietly.
The physical aspect of this is horrifying, but the mental/emotional part has taken most of the joy from me. Unfortunately, too many in my shoes are the same. It's a process I reckon.

I'm in the ICU unit, again, for the past 3 days. This time for my wife who just had a stroke, fell & had hemorrhage in mid brain.
A friend & mentor I've known for 3 1/2 years, loosed his fight with colon cancer after 8 amazing years thanks to the oil as it was supposed to be 2.

I lost half of my last grow due to being homeless & am very thankful for what I did get.

On a positive note (sorry for being the turd in the punchbowl), my state is getting serious about medical. I've been asked by the local NORML chapter to be part of a panel to speak with PACT, Physicians Alliance for Cannabis Therapy, next month at the Capitol.
Big steps.

Hi cajun :Namaste:

I'm very sorry to hear about your wife. I can imagine, but I'm sure the reality is worse. You're in my thoughts and I'm sending you all the positive energy I have to give right now. (sorry I don't 'pray', but you're getting my equivalent!)

Thanks for sharing. I hope it helps to know we care. Take care brother.

I get more and more intel about you with each post my friend. You are spot on! Its the mental outlook that is the most damaging. Stress, anxiety, depression and that creates the worst environment to heal physically. Exactly why 'daytime' oil is so important, to get the head right. Truly a caretakers biggest problems. When one's mental state is this way 'nothing' seems to work until they basically become exhausted and sleep, if that is even possible.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Wife brother! You know you can break me off a call anytime, day or night. You have to be wondering what else can go wrong. Stay strong my brother. Sending you prayers brother. Chat soon! Give your wife our best. Hard to imagine with everything that is going on in your life.

Best of luck on your big steps brother. You have more in your arsenal now. Lay it down on them brother!

Big steps.

Hi cajun...

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's trip to the ICU. I'm hoping that she is doing better by now. My prayers are with you both. Stay strong and keep using the oil. I know that you must be sick with worry, but now is not the time to neglect yourself. It is almost always harder on the caregiver than the one who is sick, so you need to keep your reserves up.

Hello to the Master of the Sacred Oil (420 Motoco)...

Thanks for reviewing booster doses for me. It would be nice if my pain level was 0-2 after walking/exercise, but that is not the case, at least not so far. However, I have noticed that my pain level does get down to zero when I am laying down. It didn't use to be that way...it was usually 4-5, even with taking my pain meds. I think that I will have to get better CBD flowers if I'm going to get better pain control. I used Cannatonic this last time as that was all I could find.

Since I will start growing very soon, I need to find some good CBD seeds or clones. I've checked what seeds I have, and found one from RQS called "Painkiller XL". It is supposed to be high in CBDs. Do you or anyone else know anything about that particular strain? I already have a couple of Blue Dream clones on order that will be ready for me next week. Should I try germinating 1 or 2 seeds of the Painkiller XL and then if successful, try growing them alongside the Blue Dream in my new hydro system? My tent is only 2' x 4', so I'm thinking that I probably shouldn't grow more than 3 (maybe 4) plants at a time. Then I also wonder about growing 2 different strains at the same time in the same reservoir as a newbie. All advice is welcome.

Back
Top Bottom