How to measure the action spectrum of light?

Typically your constant current LED driver will run 30 to 80v depending on configuration and then you add moisture and it can be a shock hazard. Those conductors are often exposed such as quantum boards traces and anode cathode of LEDs which is a risk. Silk screen insulator on circuit board is very thin as well if you were to hit it with something metal. Which is why those types of lights should only be diy.

If youre going to do diy modules I recommend a UL or ETL listed driver. Cheap Chinese ones are often not fused or grounded properly. Then I'd recommend what they call a double insulated supply. It usually is a square within a square logo on which means there is an air gap via a transformer from wall power inside the supply. Helps limit. Then id look for what they call UL listed Class 2. This means in theory you can short the positive and negative terminals together and not cause a fire. Class 2 os 100w or less. This is why I usually recommend using multiple Meanwell supplies 100w or less rather than the big ones. It also helps spread heat and is less detrimental if there is a premature failure.

ok so to sum it up
as far as DIY boards and COBs are concerned
be mindful of your electrical connections
use a Meanwell driver
don't drop it in the toilet while plugged in
it's no different than a hair dryer

Best Test on the market... make equal grow spaces, one for each light. Hook all grow spaces up to the same hydroponic system of choice to ensure they all are fed at equal times, intervals and volume and nutrients. Hang each light at the same height or even better buy a cheap PAR meter and hang each light according to equal par readings at a given distance. Choose 3-6 clones, all of the same mother plant, equal in size, age and characteristics and place 3-6 clones in each grow space. Then grow the plants. That will be your true test of lights. Harvest them, weigh them, and then take each top cola to a lab and have it tested for cannabinoids and terpenes. Then you will have raw data, from a controlled environment where the only variable that changes is the lights.

Back
Top Bottom