How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Needs

Re: How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Nee

I have 8 Mars-Hydro LED's lights already some of which have not been used yet. Do you think I need some Mars II's also? LOL!

I may order a couple of the Mars Pro's someday when/if the prices goes down.
:Namaste:

Re: How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Nee

I am running a 900 in a 3x3 tent. My last full harvest was 4 plants and a little over 15oz. The last plant that I chopped was an Incredible Bulk. It was 94 days from germinating the seed to chop and I got a little over 2 oz of rock hard very strong bud. Smoked some yesterday (dried only no cure) and it kind of put me on my ass for a little while. That stuff will be killer after it cures.

With defol, even the popcorn bud on the bottom was hard and smokable. No problem with penetration!!:peace:
20150910_070714_resized.jpg
20150910_070722_resized.jpg
20150912_152142.jpg

I can only see one grow journal where you harvested 81g from a 400w, which is about 200w at the plug, meaning about a 0.4 gpw harvest, a decent harvest by all accounts and pretty much what i acheived with these units

A 900w M2 is around 420w, so with a 15oz haul you hitting over 1.0 gpw, nearly 3 times the gram per watt under the same light, but with more diodes.

I'm not disputing this, but any explanation as to how you did this, and a link to the journal where you got over 1.0 gpw with a Mars 2 would be great.

Cheers.

I can only see one grow journal where you harvested 81g from a 400w, which is about 200w at the plug, meaning about a 0.4 gpw harvest, a decent harvest by all accounts and pretty much what i acheived with these units

A 900w M2 is around 420w, so with a 15oz haul you hitting over 1.0 gpw, nearly 3 times the gram per watt under the same light, but with more diodes.

I'm not disputing this, but any explanation as to how you did this, and a link to the journal where you got over 1.0 gpw with a Mars 2 would be great.

Cheers.

You will have to look around a bit. The links are in my sig. I have a perpetual garden going so things are on different schedules and hard to put in one thread.

I got between 3 and 4 oz each from my Critical Silver Super Haze, My Blueberry Kush and my White Widow (she didn't have a journal. Thrown into the BK I think) and then my Blue Blood was such a bush she took a double harvest a couple weeks apart. I think about 4 oz or a little more on the first then another 1.5-2 on the second. :peace:

998 grams dry weight using 1,200 wall watts of Mars-Hydro LED power.
Organic soil, SOG, tap water only grow.

thumb_IMG_1061_1024.jpg

17265.jpg

41368.jpg

6990.jpg

131024.jpg

9490.jpg

Only .8 grams per watt but there are many growers that have achieved yields of 1.4 to 1.5 grams per watt using Mars LED's.

Hey Doozy

There are a number Mars light users getting over 1/2g per watt with there grows :) I recently finished my 1st indoor grow using a M2 900 in a 3'6x3'6 (1mx1m) space flowering 4 plants and total dry weight came in about 300g. I have a few changes in mind for my next grow and will be aiming for 1g/w. Not sure if I will get there but time will tell :)

Like what I am seeing Uncle I am hoping i can get that result with a Mars 2 700 and my G8 450 between the two 660 watts should be enough in a 4x4 scrogg....I don't know if i should get it now and put it mid flower or wait.

998 grams dry weight using 1,200 wall watts of Mars-Hydro LED power.
Organic soil, SOG, tap water only grow.

Only .8 grams per watt but there are many growers that have achieved yields of 1.4 to 1.5 grams per watt using Mars LED's.

Come on now....0.8 i think is a hell of an acheivement....but are you actually telling me you believe that the people out there saying they get 1.5gpw with these units are telling the truth?!

Seriously...

Rather than start some kind of a nonsensical debate over the greatness of Marshydro, are there any other links like UncleCannabis has provided to some actual journals where these lights are producing more than the standard (from what i can tell and my experience) 0.4-0.6 gpw?

Having spent over $1000 on these things i'd quite like to know how it's being done.

Rather than start some kind of a nonsensical debate over the greatness of Marshydro, are there any other links like UncleCannabis has provided to some actual journals where these lights are producing more than the standard (from what i can tell and my experience) 0.4-0.6 gpw?

Having spent over $1000 on these things i'd quite like to know how it's being done.

Each of my grows have been better then the last. I get my technique down, my feeding schedule, how I trim them how long veg etc. My best plant so far was my Blue Blood. She had a rough start. Got a little frozen before I had my tents. She revegged but probably had a total of 4 months veg before she went to flower. I only got a little over 1 oz from the last plant I chopped, but it was a clone from a flowering mother and only had 6 weeks veg (the first 2 were just getting her back to veg from a flower state.) I needed the room in the veg tent. My Incredible Bulk gave me over 2 oz and she was 94 days from seed going to germination till chop. If you veg longer, in bigger pots, you will get bigger results. I keep to 3 gallon pots due to my space. People who are growing in 5 or 7 gallon pots with bigger rootballs will get more. I am not a commercial grower. I grow for myself, my wife and a friend that also has MS so if I can harvest 2-4oz per plant every 4 weeks or so, I am a very happy person. :peace:

Each of my grows have been better then the last. I get my technique down, my feeding schedule, how I trim them how long veg etc. My best plant so far was my Blue Blood. She had a rough start. Got a little frozen before I had my tents. She revegged but probably had a total of 4 months veg before she went to flower. I only got a little over 1 oz from the last plant I chopped, but it was a clone from a flowering mother and only had 6 weeks veg (the first 2 were just getting her back to veg from a flower state.) I needed the room in the veg tent. My Incredible Bulk gave me over 2 oz and she was 94 days from seed going to germination till chop. If you veg longer, in bigger pots, you will get bigger results. I keep to 3 gallon pots due to my space. People who are growing in 5 or 7 gallon pots with bigger rootballs will get more. I am not a commercial grower. I grow for myself, my wife and a friend that also has MS so if I can harvest 2-4oz per plant every 4 weeks or so, I am a very happy person. :peace:

Good for you my man.

I'm running 13 gallon units, and last time i vegged for 12 weeks to get the scrog/budsites i wanted

20150123_160010.jpg

Everything was great but they just REFUSED to put on any decent weight!

I'm probably going to try these lights again in flower, but i'm a medical user myself (chronic back pain) and the harvest last time wasn't even enough to keep me going. Once i've got a good few ounces in the cupboard i'll try another full grow under the Mars 2s.

Good for you my man.

I'm running 13 gallon units, and last time i vegged for 12 weeks to get the scrog/budsites i wanted

20150123_160010.jpg

Everything was great but they just REFUSED to put on any decent weight!

I'm probably going to try these lights again in flower, but i'm a medical user myself (chronic back pain) and the harvest last time wasn't even enough to keep me going. Once i've got a good few ounces in the cupboard i'll try another full grow under the Mars 2s.

How far did you have your lights from the canopy? Too close and you don't get a good blend of the LEDs. :peace:

How far did you have your lights from the canopy? Too close and you don't get a good blend of the LEDs. :peace:

I tried them at 18, 22, 24 and 26 inches from the canopy, never lower than 18, the standard was 22-24 inches in flower.

I just expected a bit more than 0.4/0.5gpw if i'm honest, but there may be other things i can do to improve the yeild in the future. As far as i can tell though, nothing really went wrong, and numerous people were saying that 0.5 or therabouts was good!

It's only really yourself and UncleCannabis that have ever shown they got more than that....i know IceMud got even less!

Anyway, like i said, i'll try them again in the future when i have a backup stash! :)

Doozy,
The intention of this thread is to help folks to determine the correct light to choose for their needs.
If your concern is related to potential yields using Mars Hydro LED's then I suggest that you check out the journals section, the Mars Hydro forum, and youtube and do a bit of looking around. You will find many growers that are getting excellent results in regards to both quality and yield with both the Mars II and Reflector Series lights.

Yields of .5 grams per watt are definitely achievable but as SuperGroomer has mentioned, yield will be dependent on pot size, veg time, and skill/experience level.

I think that you've made a good selection for your lighting requirements and wish you the best of luck with your garden.
:peace::goodluck:

I tried them at 18, 22, 24 and 26 inches from the canopy, never lower than 18, the standard was 22-24 inches in flower.

Ok. So that was not your problem. I have found I can get to about 14" and still have the proper blend, but you have to see if you get enough coverage that low. Because I am doing a perpetual garden, it doesn't lend itself to scrogg. I raise and lower the pots themselves to get each plant to what I feel is the optimal point. I also defol after about 24 or 25 days (after stretch is done). This seems to really help the buds fill out.

Not sure if any of this helps you or not. All I can say is I got my Mars, not because they were the "best" on the market, but because after doing a lot of reading, they seemed to be the best bang for the buck. So far I have not been disappointed. :peace:

Doozy,
The intention of this journal is to help folks to determine the correct light to choose for their needs.
If your concern is related to potential yields using Mars Hydro LED's then I suggest that you check out the journals section, the Mars Hydro forum, and youtube and do a bit of looking around. You will find many growers that are getting excellent results in regards to both quality and yield with both the Mars II and Reflector Series lights.

Yields of .5 grams per watt are definitely achievable but as SuperGroomer has mentioned, yield will be dependent on pot size, veg time, and skill/experience level.

I think that you've made a good selection for your lighting requirements and wish you the best of luck with your garden.
:peace::goodluck:

Sorry for hijacking your post UC. :Namaste: :peace:

There's no concern about hijacking here buddy. Your input is greatly appreciated and most welcomed.

In fact, you and many other gardeners here have much more experience with the use of the Mars-Hydro lights than I have and as such should be able to offer better advise regarding Mars-Hydro lights than I can. There's nothing like experience.

I encourage you and any others that have used any of the Mars-Hydro lights to chime in and assist as you are able.

There's no concern about hijacking here buddy. Your input is greatly appreciated and most welcomed.

In fact, you and many other gardeners here have much more experience with the use of the Mars-Hydro lights than I have and as such should be able to offer better advise regarding Mars-Hydro lights than I can. There's nothing like experience.

I encourage you and any others that have used any of the Mars-Hydro lights to chime in and assist as you are able.

My goal is to help people out the way they helped me. Learn from others achievements and mistakes. We are all here to help each other in the best way we can. :peace:

My goal is to help people out the way they helped me. Learn from others achievements and mistakes. We are all here to help each other in the best way we can. :peace:

Word!!
:blunt::passitleft::peace:

Back
Top Bottom