How To - The SCROG Method

yes we have 3 panels per wall 4 walls around 3 lights one wall movable to get inside.. drain to waste system about 11 oz per panel. so yes ,yes ,yes.
i takes a few grows to dial it in.and can be done cheep. send me an email and say in subject line vertical grow/scrog.
twomaciel@verizon.net and ill send ya a pic. the panels are 4x4 sections so yield per panel is low but total horizontal space is maxed to the hilt. some strains do better then others. hybrids and indicas work best and og that are small plants. we veg for about 2 weeks then transfer and train them in the vertical gutters thru the scrogs. about 9 plants per panel on 3 gutters each so 1 wall has 27 plants.about 8 pounds for every 3 lights just little more then that. some strains gave us 13.25 pounds some gave us 6.5 pounds. but most give 11 or more oz per panel. we helped a different grower set up like that and they get 4.5 to 5.25 pounds . with a larry og.

I'm not entirely comfortable giving out contact info at this time, please take no insult. I really appreciate your reply and the description does give me a really good idea of how your going about it. I assume the three lights are 1000w HPS each.

Since I asked this question I was able to find at least one other vertical SCROG grow that is more or less what I was thinking in my head when I asked the question, yours is a bit larger if I understand you correctly.

I have it in my head to follow TheCapn style for my first few grows prior to trying to reinvent the wheel so to speak, I'm not even a beginner at this point, though I've cloned a single cutting and trimmed bud a time or two in the past and can ID when a plant is ready to harvest. The actual grow part is something I've only just recently decided to study up on and get into when the funds are available and I'm in the proper location. I'm not a huge risk taker when the risk involves others, if it were just me...well I'd be on this today.

I do not see myself going over 18 plants ever, and to be quite honest I'm looking at my first grow being just a 4 light 4 plant SCROG with a goal of nothing less than 12.3 oz. per plant and hopefully edging over the 16.0 oz. per plant by some margin. I'll have some measure of direct hands on help from a couple experienced growers to nail down some of the finer things like assessing plant health and training them.

I will be leaving mine in veg far longer than 2 weeks, more along the lines of 2 months with plenty of tipping and LST going on to fill my planned 4'x4' SCROG panel. The way I see it as I gain experience I can begin to tilt the panel more toward the vertical to get the feel for what differences in training might be needed to support 16.0+ oz. per plant per 4'x4' SCROG panel.

DRM Ranch

Perfect my friend i understand your concerns. You can look me up on cannabis career institute and if in the usa we may be able to met at one of the many siminars cci does or you can ask the people there about me. I travel all over the place and meet with many top of the line growers who ask me for my help and oppinions. Take your time. Be carefull as always. And have fun growing.

Thanks for this gairbud!i think you just convinced me to do a scrog.plan is to do 3 Mars 11 1200w each covering a 4x4 area.would love any advice from you as it looks like you know what is up.i have done numerous grows in the past but not as many as you!!!

....how tall would you make a scrog...???...I was thinking 30"...

that depends on a lot of factors, if you veg to 12 inches [lets say] and your growing an indica the average stretch on short indicas is 2 times the veg, 3 times on large tall indicas, so you want your scrog net to be about 1/2 of that above the plant.
if growing a sativa 3 times is the stretch.
also the best lighting is e paps, every 10 1000w is replaced with 6 epaps and produces more light and 30% or more yeild. you just need height in the garden.
also my email is
twomaciel@verizon.net
and you can call me.
909-560-1447. text first who you are. and i am on pacific time u.s.a. :)

011941.JPG
three tiers for the sativa dom.
0091203.JPG
two tiers for just about everything else.
0071474.JPG
here is the only single screen it is 7 x 5.
I have used a lot of different methods to grow and I find this way one of the more efficient methods.one of the most important things is to prepare your plants prior to being put into flower by bending,snapin,toppin,lst whatever it takes to get the side branches up to canopy level.doin so increases the output of this method.i personaly have pulled well over a pound a light with 4 plants in 2 gallon smart pots.

as u see I use those net trellis they have at the grow shop .I do prefer the wire but didn't have the funds for it at the time.this thread is a great source of knowledge.thank u so much for your detail work.

this is a nice set up if you have a small walk way space you can put the whole garden on rollers and be able to tend the plants, if you have heoght you can switch to remote balast e paps and increase your yeild even more. i replace 10 1000watt standards with 6 epaps and 40% increase in yeild so it is posible to get over 3 pounds per light if your set up is perfect on most every strain. go to drain to waste and fabric pots and that too will give ya about 5 to 10% increase. i do maximum efficiency grows. and can cut operating costs down as well.
this is a good basic set up and you will do very good with it

Hey everybody I hope things are growing good for everyone. Does anyone no how long I should veg my scrog before flowering? I am growing blueberry head band. Thanks

Hey everyone. I'm doing a scrog grow and my plant is getting very bushy. I have a lot of fan leaves that are filling up underneath the net and taking up all the light. Sorry I haven't learned how to upload photos to 420 yet. What should I do? Thanks

I get what you're doing with those nets. I think.:geek:

But last time I saw that much fish net and hot lights I was tipping with two dollar bills.

Seriously, I don't get it, what happens if,, shit happens? And you need to get in there,, I'd be screwing that up in a major way dude

Those ladies area locked into that fish net like Detroit hookers.

I like to learn so I'm not bashing y'all, and I'm still learning plenty myself, but I'm just wondering wtf.

Check out my milk crate SCROG, journal link below, please feel free to help me out/criticize.

Here is s shot at lights out of my two plants under separate wire,, better pics, or more in my journal, , I don't want to hijack this...

Also, I thought on SCROG grows you tied them down or tucked new growth???? Is that the reason for the high rise netting?

20150208_080306.jpg

12 to 18 inches if you dont have 10feet of height.
1]age dosent matter if you true leaf is at set 5 or more,
or
2] from clone can go to 18 to 20 inches,
or
3] age of mother has started alternate node structure.
or
4] if your plant count is small you can stem split and spread out the shoots[leaders] and go for north,west,east,south, budding sites. no one here talks about n.s.e.w. growing.
keeping all your tops at even height is critcal as they will all think they are main stem and grow big, you just have to have the best lighting and the best sub base[root area] for max yeild. nutes dont really matter all of them out there are good, IT IS HOW YOU USE IT FOR THE STRAIN AND ENVIRONMENT YOU GROW IN. the best easy forgiving one is by general hydroponics, flora series, it works great for hydro,soil,soiless, or any type of system. or if money an issue then use miracle grow, thats stuff is cheep and highley concentrated, just never NEVER,never, use nute formulas that say 1] time release, 2] self adjusting ph. THATS ALL CRAP ,IT IS A SALES PITCH. if hydro stores and online companys wanted you to grow the best shit ever, THEN WHY DIDNT THEY SELL YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEEDED AT FIRST. they want you to come back and buy more shit.microbes are very very very important, so dont belief if they tell you it has everything in it. they are lieng, it cant be done, why, some of those critters eat each other up , the best shit is a combo of microbes, fox farm micro brew,then add, gh sub culture m, and gh sub culture b, gh=general hydroponics, PLANTS AS THEY GROW NEED DIEFERENT PH AND DIFERENT NUTRIENTS DURING THERE LIFE CYCLE, UNTILL YOU BEEN GROWING THE SAME STRAIN FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS WITH NO PROBLEMS ,YOU AINT A MASTER GROWER, AND DONT QUALIFY TO TEACH GROWING TO ANYONE, I BEEN GROWING OVER 42 YEARS, evry type of system in, out, everything i manage right now 88 grows in california and have started 1000's of grows in my life, i dont know anyone in this industry that has done that, it takes me 3min to read a daily log 1 week journal teach and train my growers, by crop 3 they got it wired and i rarely have to do anything. this site has a book you can down load for free called cannabis bible, i susgest everyone down load it, it is 99% correct, read and study it like your life depended on it. it will help you learn from your plants what your plants are trying to tell you. anyone can grow supper bad ass shit if they have passion for it. they only need to love the plant as much as i do. and then it is very easy to teach them, [THIS IS THE BEST SITE TO LEARN AT.] THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD GROWERS HERE. there are alot of fakes too, lol, with that bible and some soil and a pot and water and light you can grow a bad ass plant just useing that bible alone with out any ones help. you just need the passion and forget all the crap on the internet. if you have a specif question just email me and ill show you how to do a daily log and weekly journal that is so easy i can teach you in 3 grows how to beat anyone here on this site. just pay attention and have the passion. everything is easy. sya grow help in the subject line, and ask your questions in this forum and it goes to my email. when i get a chance ill answer. i dont ignore anyone, i am just very busy helping people all week, i read journals on sunday and monday, and if we becomes friends you can text or call if you have major issues. i will teach you how to give me the info i need to see to be able to find where you went wrong at. most likely it is a ph issue 90% of the time. thats how lock outs occur . all the other problems are preventative and fixable.have fun keep growing. heres the numbers. 70% of smokers will never grow, out of the 30% that remain only 1% have the passion. only because they are teachable. people pay me a lot of money just to sit and talk with me before i give them any info,and sign a contract. i do how ever help alot of people for free. like people here on 420mag. :]

Back
Top Bottom