HPS 400w vs LED 320w during flower time

Scottxb73

I use a 320w led for veg and a 400 w hps for flower, I'm just wondering how it would go to use the led right through, really only just curious but I didn't want to waste a grow doing it lol, I'm in a 4x4 so thats how I do it. I then use
a CMH to finish with UV bulb but only in winter or cold times. Now even with an external ballast the operating temperature difference is at 6-7 degrees Celsius above ambient intake temperature so it's a no go for summer, hence the Hps is a necessary because even the led runs at 4-5 degrees Celsius above ambient but it's ok most of the time just within a couple degrees of automatic shut down, the fan cooled hps or mh is only 3 degrees Celsius higher than the intake temperature so this is a must to this setup and it's geological location. Then price of electricity is ridiculous so just asking for any tips. I didn't change over until week 2 in flower to try save stretch and power, it doesn't stop stretching lol

Screenshot_20240418-022227.png

Depending on the LED fixture 320w may put out more in terms of usable light for the plant than a HPS does. It's also easier to control temperatures and work better with lower ceilings.

Depending on the LED fixture 320w may put out more in terms of usable light for the plant than a HPS does. It's also easier to control temperatures and work better with lower ceilings.
After last post LED all day. That light put out more usable light than a 400w HPS does.

Cheers!

How about this one hps 600w vs led .. what is the best option in the led range that can produce fat hard tight bud like 600w hps, I'm going to try my 320w phizon and see how it finishes this crappy grow in trying to salvage so be interested to see the end results, but yes 600w hps genuine equivalent that can 100 % replacement it. Yeah I know I use a 400 and it's only just but I'm leaning towards getting a 600 magnetic and just go back to tried n trusted no bull, I've been had to manny times with is hydroponics industry spin selling you crap that doesn't work eg 315 CMH is really gutless, I wasted too much money on junk, now just use the UV as a finisher.. having said that I'm in a 4x4 so yeh underpowered but I had a 3x3 and just moved everything over. So I'm going to get rid of my 400hps Its just whizzing in the wind right now burning through bulbs on SL settings and numerous ballast, I'm going old school 600w magnetic with good Phillips lamp.. can't fail.
No can anyone convince me otherwise, yes I have a half decent led and I'm going to give it a go but I'm thinking the next size up is probably the one to get if I was to go that way totally. Now mars make some ok stuff and so dose cheep Chinese stuff like mine seem to work ok, I mean it's got IR UV blue n red everything and it's extremely bright. So 4x4 tent what the biggest and best kinda of led to really replace the hid light and give you a genuine equivalent, or do I already have it now in this 320w phlizon ...Thanks again 😎👍

I just switched back as hps bulb no good😔, this led looks ok on paper and veg's well so Let's see how it finishes this, I just don't feel it's got as much punch at the hps but I'm only going of the squinting test 😜 but there supposed to have more usable light yeh I get that.

IMG_20240418_223524.jpg

Another Phlizon this looks ok to similar to the others, the green fingers is only 400 buks so it's a winner there

Screenshot_20240418-234024.png

So I assume any of these 3, 450-480w leds eg should no worries replace the hps600 yeh what do we reckon... I mean is it a definite thing because I'd get rid of hps if it was that easy ect no extra fan and tubing ect extra power but its all with it if gets me the best nuggets 😜😎 and heat can be controlled by adjusting the level, I'd just have on low when hot hopefully that works and there's always the 320w to fall back on, I'd probably still veg with it then change to the larger one for flower... Mmm just pondering I'm still looking at that cheep fail proof 600 watter to 😜 I can also stick a centrifugal fan on the 600 to cool it even better as the 400 only running a crappy axial fan that's not really pumping the best

Back
Top Bottom