HPS vs LED? Depends on climate

The most affordable and bang for the buck are the lights based on LM281b. Here's the actual difference:

281b
  • 0.5 W, 3 V mid power LED
  • Luminous Flux: 73 lm @ 150 mA
  • Luminous Efficacy: 165 lm/W
301b
  • 0.2 W, 3 V mid power LED
  • Luminous Flux: 38.8 lm @ 65 mA
  • Luminous Efficacy: 220 lm/W
That leaves LM301B/H about 30% more efficient compared to LM281B.

I would say you're gonna get great results with any of the modern LED light fixtures. I agree with @bluter to check what the actual revision of the light contain. It's a jungle with all the different drivers and diodes but you want to use something that's been tested and is safe to use.

I just looking at this, in my opinion thease p.o.s. have given led a bad name .. do they even work very well? I mean when you compare it to a real light like a hps pffft, I can't see how it could produce a nice fat as bud 😂 yeh right can someone show me me a picture of a half decent bud grown by One of thease lights? I mean it looks like something you'd keep scorpion under 😂
It's got no white or yellow basically like a reptile light ? Wtf yeh I'm old and old school hps man but lol yeh I've got led for veg but it doesn't look like this, it looks hot and noisy to

Screenshot_20240427-171259.png
They're not the best, but they do work. The newer lights work much better though.
IMG_20170920_212608_325.jpg

Back
Top Bottom