HPS lights

GeneralSpanking

420 Member
Hi,getting a small set up together and got a 60x60x140 tent,enough room for 2 plants hopefully..
I have 2000w led full spectrum and a 600w hps dual spectrum light and ballest and reflector..
Q. What can I use with to go with the ballast from start to finish..Dont mind buying 2 bulbs if necessary.
Thanks
Neil

Hmm... That's a bit under four square feet. 3.87499225 ft.². At 62.5 watts per ft.², you'd be looking at flowering with 242.187 watts. Does your HID ballast have a 250-watt setting? If so, you could use that, I suppose.

Can you set up a 3'x3' (~.9m x ~.9m) tent instead, lol? Or something of that area in a shape that fits the footprint of light cast by your HID reflector? If so, run it with a metal halide bulb during the vegetative growth phase and a high pressure sodium bulb during the flowering phase (or the HPS bulb all the way through), If your ballast supports running at a reduced wattage, do so early on, increasing to 400 watts and then switching to the 600-watt setting when you cut the light schedule back to 12 hours per day for flowering.

Good morning
Unfortunately that the only size tent I've got and the ballast doesn't have a dimmer so pretty useless for my size tent
I guess if tried to use lower watt light it would blow .
Thanks for the advice
Neil

Back
Top Bottom