HPS or T5flouro for vegging?

Odorous

i want to put my 4 plants right now that are in ebb n flow into dwc buckets... if i do, they wont really FIT under the t5 i have...

my flowering chamber is empty at the moment and itd be nice to have them in there so there will be room to work with them (tent)

heres some specs.. i know its better to use t5's b/c of the blue spectrum, but this hps is a 400w, and will produce a lot more light.

IMG_01442.JPG

IMG_04413.JPG

T5 is always my first choice for vegging girls.
But your HPS should work fine.
Bog always said if you could only afford one light, buy an HPS.

Yep Nothing wrong with using hps for veg. Just becareful not to get it to close during veg.
I sometimes use my 1000w hps instead of my T5's for vegging if I need the room.

I use a 400w MH for my veg, and 1000w HPS for bloom.

MH is ideal for veg.
HPS is ideal for bloom.

T5's are perfict for veg as well.
LED's are too, just make sure you have the high wattage ones, and not the low "household" ones.

Technically you can use either light for either-or. However, some lights are more ideal for certain use than others.

I am using a Sun Blaze 48 for veg now. 432 watts and it's about 8" above the pots. No heat issues at all. I am showing 78 degrees on top of the pots. I do have outside air pumped in and out of my tent though. Once the plants start getting a little bigger I will add in the second SB 48. I have twin 600 HPS for flower but I plan to keep the T5's (6500k) going for flower as well. The combo should cover a broad light color spectrum.

Hi, I used a 400 MH for veg. for three yrs. Went to T5s ( 4ft. 8lamp ).
No heat issues and the plants have a better structure. Highly recommended.
stay safe. :peace:

i am using 3 T-5 54 watt HO for veg now and i must say they are giving me over an inch a day with big lush green leaves but i also have a room 4' long so i get alot of coverage , in a bigger area im not sure how good it would be

T5s are impressive. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom