HSO - Blue Dream - Scrog - T5 - Soil - First Grow!

deepbluedream

Hello fam,

Decided I would like to share my journey of my first ever cannabis grow with all you great people here, so check it out! I am doing things slightly experimental, so let me go through my set up for you.

The Grow Room
room62.jpg

photo_2499.JPG

2.5'x5'x7' Closet, covered in diamond foil with a panda film zip up door.
I have an inline fan pulling exhaust from the top of the grow room directly into an ONA bucket
I have a second fan pulling into the room from another part of the outside room to keep fresh C02 coming in, away from the ONA fumes. Simple really, a tapestry hangs down and covers everything.

The Lights
IMG_103319.JPG

2'x2' 8 tube T5 mixed spectrum inspired by the popular LED without LED grow done by the professor on another forum, I am using 3-3000k, 3-6500k, 1 420nm super actinic and 1 Flora sun (last 2 are aquarium bulbs)

The Specs
I have set up a 2'x2' screen and have just topped for the first time and started some basic LST to open the plant up a little bit.
photo_3407.JPG

photo_1569.JPG

I am growing in 100% Ocean Forest, with a top layer in perlite to discourage insect growth. I am also using an air pot to allow for maximum root growth.

I am using the Technaflora Recipe for Success, and just gave the first feeding at <b>four weeks</b> into vegetation due to apparent nitrogen deficiency. I used nutes at around 40% of the recommended strength.

I use a small humidifier to keep the area at about 70% RH
IMG_101336.JPG

Will update with a photo in a few days to see how she is responding to the LST and nutes. Hoping to reach the screen soon. :)

:roorrip::roorrip::roorrip:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

Hey friend how is it going :)
Yes things are going well, will update with a picture or two tommorow but here is where I am at:
I vegged for 9 weeks, experienced some slow growth and a little bit of nutrient burn.
I also placed the screen on top of here and began filling it up.
I really wanted to veg until I got the screen 65% full, however I want to have this plant finished by a certain time
so we flipped the lights yesterday 3/18/15 and are now on 12/12 :icon_cool
I also flushed with dechlorinated water to help combat nutrient burn. screen is only about 35% full but hopefully we can fill it up a little more yeah :)

So I flushed with water, it went well, new healthy shoots that are bright green?! can someone help please?

IMG_106626.JPG

Using technaflora recipe for success, last time used it at 90 % strength, (60%, 30%prior feeds)cycling feed, water, water, always allowing a decent a mount of run off, and always waiting for the leaves to droop before watering or feeding.

my plan is to skip a feeding in favor of ph'd water, and then introducing the flowering nutes at about 50%.

also, this is 100% ocean forest in an air pot. I have a 5 inch high plastic bin underneath the pot for drainage.

I have good airflow.

any suggestions?

Good first grow, great choice of strain for your first strain. more pictures of your Scrog training if you decide to do another grow, I love seeing the different stages of progress.

great job though.

Good first grow, great choice of strain for your first strain. more pictures of your Scrog training if you decide to do another grow, I love seeing the different stages of progress.

great job though.

Hey man, thanks!
This has been a really fun grow, although I bailed on my scrog. My one mistake this grow is for some reason I never PH'd my water during the first half of my vegetative cycle and I had some pretty slow growth. I'm moving this summer so I had to flip the lights so I can finish it out in plenty of time....I cut the screen out since it wasn't filled up to give me more space to work. Really happy with how it is turning out with T5's also, can't wait to try more! What are some strains I should check out?

Hey thanks man,

I cut her down a month ago, and got about 2 oz of beautiful nugs. Unfortunately my phone was destroyed and I have been unable to recover my photos. It was a great first grow though! I think my only real mistake was not ph'ing the water down the first two months of the grow, I really kept it from growing like mad during veg. Noob mistake, but lesson learned. Will have a better journal my next time around, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom