Humidity durring acclimating

PsillyRabbit

Today is the first day I started to acclimate some large plants out doors. They are in the shade in a green house tent but
They are droopy drupe. I have put a bunch of shade cloths over the tent but i kinda want to mist them. There is no way they are getting enough light to burn them and I think the humidity would help them out.
Sound like it could help? Should I PH the water? Foliar spray?

Usually to harden a plant you slowly introduce it to the outdoors, 2 hours or so a day for 10-14 days.

@InTheShed has a lot of experience lugging plants indoors and outdoors, maybe he could advise better than me.

Usually to harden a plant you slowly introduce it to the outdoors, 2 hours or so a day for 10-14 days.
@InTheShed has a lot of experience lugging plants indoors and outdoors, maybe he could advise better than me.
Thanks for the tag Adam!

Today is the first day I started to acclimate some large plants out doors. They are in the shade in a green house tent but
They are droopy drupe. I have put a bunch of shade cloths over the tent but i kinda want to mist them. There is no way they are getting enough light to burn them and I think the humidity would help them out.
Sound like it could help? Should I PH the water? Foliar spray?
If they're going from a high RH to a really low RH environment then misting might help as well as keeping them well watered (that's watered well, not using well-water!). Air temp will play a role there as well if there's a large difference.

And I harden my plants off over the course of 4 or 5 days, starting (as Adam said) with an hour of sunlight on day 1 and then back inside. By day three they are out all day but spend over half that in dappled shade, and by the 5th day they are outside plants.

Back
Top Bottom