Hutch's Perpetual Grow Journal

Update for Friday July 24
Day 45-1.JPG
Day 45-2.JPG

I topped this Cheese plant a few days ago, 8th node, so today I tied down the two new tops and the two below that so we have a nice x pattern. A poor man's quad I suppose. She was about 8" tall but this knocked her back to 4". The plan now is to flip her on Tuesday, I can't wait any longer and my new AC Infinity filter arrives that day!

continued...

Day 45-1.JPG
Day 45-2.JPG

This White Widow was topped a week or so before the Cheese at the fifth node and has never provided as much stem but she's tied down now as well and is only 3" high. I have high hopes she'll be big enough to flip on Tuesday because that's when it's happening.

Day 01.JPG
Day 01.JPG

Nice big pictures of these two new sprouts on Day 1

2020-07-24.JPG

Here's the family portrait - Nepal x K.China is hiding under the soil in the other red cup

This 420mag is a nice place to return to if you've been away for awhile :love:
There's no place like home! Well, second home, maybe third to some. The point is you're right. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I can't wait any longer and my new AC Infinity filter arrives that day!
Did you mean the fan or do they make a filter too? I have two of the fans and absolutely love them. The customer service is great as well. They reimbursed me in full for a fan I bought over a year and a half ago. Who does that these days?

There's no place like home! Well, second home, maybe third to some. The point is you're right. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Did you mean the fan or do they make a filter too? I have two of the fans and absolutely love them. The customer service is great as well. They reimbursed me in full for a fan I bought over a year and a half ago. Who does that these days?
Yes! They must have just come in because I've been looking at their site for a long time. I have their 6" fan which I love as well so I thought I'd send some of our Canadian covid money down to the states to help the economy down there, lol. The filter looks pretty sexy in the photos!

Yes! They must have just come in because I've been looking at their site for a long time. I have their 6" fan which I love as well so I thought I'd send some of our Canadian covid money down to the states to help the economy down there, lol. The filter looks pretty sexy in the photos!
Sweet. I'll definitely look forward to seeing you get it in action. They have quality products at great price points.

Anybody hear of Nextgeneration Seeds in BC, Canada? They have Island Sweet Skunk, one of our favourites.

In other news I left a message at Ace Seeds re. unpopped seeds. It will be interesting to see how they respond...
I've not heard of them but I've never really been searching around either. Keep us posted on the Ace turnout.

Update for Monday July 27

IMG-6102.JPG

Seedsman Cheese has basically ignored the plant staples. I could tie those branches down but I'm just going to let her grow now with very little intervention. She will be flipped tomorrow.

IMG-6101.JPG

Her structure is great and there are at least 8 nice tops and best of all...no thrips!

IMG-6104.JPG

The White Widow is not growing much vertically at all.

IMG-6103.JPG

The secondary branches are filling in but I think she needs at least another week or so in veg before shes tall enough to flip.

I have two flower tents now as I bought another setup to grow out those Golden Tigers from Ace Seeds. Unfortunately none of the Ace Seeds are germinating so I guess I'll grow the WW and Cheese separately in there own flower tents.

IMG-6100.JPG

Here's the group photo. The Nepal Jam x Kali China cup remains sproutless.

Ace Seeds responded to my query:

"Both the Golden Tiger and Nepal Jam x Kali China stock is very fresh and we haven't had any germination problems neither any claim from customers about their germination rates.
We recommend to follow the germination tips stated on our website:
Help. Ace seeds marijuana seed bank FAQ
Kindly send us pics and explanation of our germination process and we will evaluate your case."

I sent explanation of my germination process and a picture of the empty cup but it's night there now so don't expect to hear back until tomorrow. I hope this doesn't devolve into a dispute but I haven't any reason to expect that, I'm just frustrated and disappointed.

Thanks for dropping by, take care everyone!

Heard back from Ace Seeds, they want me to document my germination process with pictures and explanation. He said to do it with my remaining seeds. There were six seeds in the five pack so that left four seeds. I had planned to grow these in sequence over the next year, who knows, maybe one or more of these will sprout!

So here's the distilled water being ph'd to 7.0...
unnamed.jpg

and the seeds being placed in said water...
IMG_6118.jpg

Tomorrow they will go into paper towels.

Look what arrived by UPS last night!
IMG-6109.JPG

They are kinda like the *pple of the cannabis ventilation world when it comes to stunning design.

Flipped the Seedsman Cheese today, so 70 days from now, about October 7th, we should start to see the jars filling up again.

Thanks for dropping by! Stay safe!

Geez I've never heard of a breeder asking to document your process of germination. It is what it is I guess.

They are kinda like the *pple of the cannabis ventilation world when it comes to stunning design.
That's sleek. I see screws holding the cover ends. Does that mean you can clean it or replace the media?

Actually the price is sweet. I see Amazon listing it for 173. CAD with free shipping. Have fun with it. They are one of the nicest looking imho.
I'm probably gonna buy their duct hose which looks like a higher quality too. I like the black covering.
1596125151052.png
+1 @MrSauga . :high-five:

Actually the price is sweet. I see Amazon listing it for 173. CAD with free shipping. Have fun with it. They are one of the nicest looking imho.
I'm probably gonna buy their duct hose which looks like a higher quality too. I like the black covering.
1596125151052.png

You'll love the ducting too, heck of a lot more durable compared to some of the thin flimsy stuff out there. I have the 6" and ended up buying the 4" down the road too when I redid our dryer ducting and gave the extra to a buddy for his grow tent/4" fan.

Good idea. Is it rated for the temps a dryer may send out the bottom?

Yep I believe anything you could use the cheap flimsy stuff you can use this for as well.

They do mention dryer on the site as well as the zon, it's been nearly a year that we've had it on our dryer and no issues.

Hello folks, here's the update for Saturday Aug 1

Day F01-1.JPG
Day F01-2.JPG

White Widow is big enough, 6.5", so I flipped her today. A little bigger, 9 or 10 inches would be better but I'm tired of waiting and she has a good foundation now.

Day F05-1.JPG
Day F05-2.JPG

Seedsman Cheese is stretching nicely hitting 10" today, day 5. She will hopefully double over the next couple of weeks.

Here's an update on the Ace Seeds germination issue. None of the seeds I tried to germinate did so and I reported this. He asked me to document my process on the remaining seeds.

After I soaked them, see above, I put them between moistened paper towels in a Tupperware container. The container was sealed and the temperature regulated to around 29 degrees with a heat mat. Container opened regularly for air exchange and who can resist peeking?
IMG-6132.JPG

IMG-6134.JPG

So here sit the four Golden Tiger seeds at this moment, warm and moist between the sheets for the fourth day. I was ready to give up this morning but he said "give them time..."
IMG-6155.JPG

I am following the method Ace Seeds recommends on its website exactly so I really hope they pop. If they do pop I'll admit it was my fault the rest of them failed.

Speaking of failures, my Purple Queen seedling is not doing well at all.
Day 10.JPG

Purple Queen on the left, Gorilla Cookies right.

This is day ten for both plants. They have been fed and watered identically. The GC has three fully developed nodes while the PQ has only one developed anemic-looking node.

That's all we got! Thanks for dropping by!

Back
Top Bottom