Hutch's Canadian Grow Comparison Featuring Black Sugar

Any worries they may rootbound in a 2 gallon pot?
I see you only water 2 litres every 4 days so im assuming no runoff....dont you want to saturate the pot fully each watering at this stage of your grow as the roots have most likely reached to the edge of your pot? Especially with only 2 gallon pot?

Edit: or is this a situation of 100 ways to skin a sheep....water less but more frequent vs water more and less frequent .
I was worried about plants being root-bound last grow but it didn't happen, perhaps because of fabric pots. I was sure at one point that the White Widow was root-bound but at harvest I took a good look and roots were healthy. The two gallons have been good to me.

You are right about making sure the roots at the bottom of the pot get food and water. 2 litres/4 days always gave me a little runoff and 3 litres/3 days probably won't so that answers my question, lol. Sometimes I just need to "say" things out loud to realize I'm not getting any brighter with age!

Here's a photo update of our Black Sugar, now in flower!
Day F14-1.JPG
Day F14-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar - Flip Day 14 (Flower 3) - 8.5" tall - Two gallon pot

Decided to throw the wonky Black Sugar #2 into the flower tent as well but she'll be staying in her yogurt container.
Day F09-1.JPG
Day F09-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar #2 - Flip Day 9 - 4" tall - 2 litre yogurt container

The yellowing on the lower leaves are from an earlier stage of abuse.

Here's a shot of the flower tent fully loaded
Flower Tent 20-03-16.JPG

Thanks for dropping by, eh!

That Black Sugar is really pretty. Great color in those leaves and the little pompoms of promise :).

It's going to interesting to see the little wonky one flower in the container. My It's It Punch in the Big Gulp cup is doing rather well all things considered:
Thanks! That It's IIP looks pretty cool. The main bud looks like it's easily a foot long but could be camera angle.

Here's my Phantom Cookies Domina clone, just about ready, in a 1 litre container
Day F60.JPG

Could be a 1/4 oz.

Lol, good call! I think I'm going to need a few more days to get this plant ready for flower.
Day 59-1.JPG
Day 59-2.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar - Day 59 - 4" tall - Two gallon pot

She's growing nicely now but she still needs to be a little bigger before hitting the flower tent. I won't be doing any defoliation before that and will probably wait a couple of weeks into the stretch. We need to keep that growth engine purring!
Haha

I have a ghee butter that has to be 5 feet tall now. I have been too busy to tend to lately. I keep saying "should probably flower that" but now I will probably clone off it and then put her outside for a fall harvest at this point.

Btw, keep up the great work!

Haha

I have a ghee butter that has to be 5 feet tall now. I have been too busy to tend to lately. I keep saying "should probably flower that" but now I will probably clone off it and then put her outside for a fall harvest at this point.

Btw, keep up the great work!
I can't imagine what a huge plant that will be come harvest time, it'll be a tree! I envy you being able to do that!

It's hard to find time to do proper updates with all this staying inside, lol. Got to admit I find it morbidly entertaining watching all the data come in from around the world. Spend a lot of time updating spreadsheets and making graphs. But gotta stay disciplined, those plants aren't going to photograph themselves!

I can't imagine what a huge plant that will be come harvest time, it'll be a tree! I envy you being able to do that!

It's hard to find time to do proper updates with all this staying inside, lol. Got to admit I find it morbidly entertaining watching all the data come in from around the world. Spend a lot of time updating spreadsheets and making graphs. But gotta stay disciplined, those plants aren't going to photograph themselves!
I'm loving the plants in the small containers! A good approach for getting through some excess seeds. I feel a 1 gallon pot grow coming soon. :Rasta:

I'm going to grow three DDA's in either a 5 or 7 gallon pot this summer! As freaky as they can be I want to give them a fighting chance.
I don't think I'd do a DDA in a 1 gallon, too special. But I've got lots of other autos that I'd like to go that route with, just to see what happens.

That Black Sugar is really pretty. Great color in those leaves and the little pompoms of promise :).

It's going to interesting to see the little wonky one flower in the container. My It's It Punch in the Big Gulp cup is doing rather well all things considered:
:straightface:

I'm loving the plants in the small containers! A good approach for getting through some excess seeds. I feel a 1 gallon pot grow coming soon. :Rasta:
Hey GDB! I've been wanting to do a SOG with 1 gallon pots for awhile now but so far there's always been something else. If this Black Sugar turns out to be a keeper I'm going to cut a bunch of clones and do 16 x one gallon pots. They'll fit nicely in my 27" x 27" tent.

Hey GDB! I've been wanting to do a SOG with 1 gallon pots for awhile now but so far there's always been something else. If this Black Sugar turns out to be a keeper I'm going to cut a bunch of clones and do 16 x one gallon pots. They'll fit nicely in my 27" x 27" tent.
That sounds like it would be interesting, Hutch! I've seen a few folks here do it, but I didn't bookmark the pages and now have no clue where I can find them. I remember their yields were not that huge but nice nonetheless. As I said earlier, I'm looking for a way to get through many seeds quickly within my limited space, so this method is quite appealing. :Rasta:

Another week, another update! Here are some new pictures of our Black Sugar from the flower tent.
Day F20-1.JPG
Day F20-3.JPG

Seedsman Black Sugar - Flip Day 21 (Flower 10) - 9.5" tall - Two gallon pot

The three buds on the bottom left are the result of me accidentally breaking off one the tip from one of the four arms of the quadline.

Day F20-4.JPG
Day F20-6.JPG
Day F20-7.JPG

What you might call a "lucky break".

Take care everyone!

I’m with @InTheShed .. lucky break for sure. Healthy they are. How much stretch have the had. Mine have not stretched the way I thought but still growing Daily and buds getting bigger. Magic

I’m with @InTheShed .. lucky break for sure. Healthy they are. How much stretch have the had. Mine have not stretched the way I thought but still growing Daily and buds getting bigger. Magic
She doubled in size but was pretty small to begin with. Was 4.75" when she went in to the flip and she reached 9.5" after 17 days where she's been for the last week. Next time I'll remember to up the lighting in the veg tent. Even in a two gallon pot she would have been better going in at 8" or 9" but I love her just the same.

Back
Top Bottom