JCTJ's Black Sugar Journey: A Canadian Comparative

I just binge watched and I'm all caught up. :popcorn: Looking great! They are back and happy.

Thanks! Things are just getting rolling, can't wait until the fun begins.

There must be some sort of connection there, no?

BTW, my Mom could never make me eat the brussel sprouts :p

After some very deep thought and allowing the haze to clear, I think you may just be on to something here. :laugh: :goof:

Brussel sprouts are sooo tasty! Nothing compared to the yorkshire pudding though.... good thing the Mrs makes two dozen o_O

All caught up myself. Looking great JCTJ.. things moving along .. glad the ladies came back around.

I sure am glad too. It was a series of unfortunate events lol. Hoping BS1 starts to set some good roots and grow out of the previous damage.

Looking good there JCTJ. Glad you caught the dry out when you did.

Me too, it's funny because I have less issues with watering seedlings/small plants in big pots than I do small plants in small pots. Live and learn!

Wowza am I ever behind on updates.... Time to get things caught up! We left off on day 12 with things perky, happy and healthy as can be.

Day 13 was more of the same

Day 15 things still moving along nicely.

Enter day 16.

Somewhere between day 15 and 16, I totally forgot to water my babies. It was a rather low humidity night and after enjoying a rather large quantity of my delicious home grown varieties they went rather dry. I woke up the next morning during lights off to find some sad little ladies. They were quickly watered during lights out and I went to inspect more when the lights came back on.

They were stressed out from drying out and then subsequently over watered. I checked BS2's roots and figured why not take this opportunity to pot up.

Day 17

Since potting up BS2 the previous day I figured why not just do the same for BS1 despite the issues. BS1 showing leaf deficiencies related to over watering. BS2 slowly perking up.

One thing to note. BS1 root development was pitiful compared to BS2's vigor, I didn't get a picture of it but there were definitely some issues going on.

The red solo cups are non to forgiving on forgetting to water, I prefer something a little larger for this stage, like a 1 gallon.
Day 22 -

Day 23 (current day) - Things are finally starting to get back to where I want them. It's been a bit of an up and down ride the last 10 days or so.

They have found that next gear after settling into the up can and are looking lush.
There must be some sort of connection there, no?

^This

All looks well now, good job. How will you be training these 2?

BS2 as of last night (still have to post that update) has been topped after the 5th node. Nothing special otherwise, just going to LST as much as possible to get a nicely filled tent with two plants.

The red solo cups are non to forgiving on forgetting to water, I prefer something a little larger for this stage, like a 1 gallon.

They have found that next gear after settling into the up can and are looking lush.

^This

Agreed, I should have just potted up sooner but thankfully I still have two good ladies to work with now. They've really taken nicely to the 2 gal pot up and I look forward to getting them into their final 7gal homes.

Nice recovery on the dry plants! They both look great but BS2 is truly a beauty. Can't wait to see them in there prime!

Thanks! Me too, the pace is really picking up now and I should have BS1 topped in a couple more days.

Thanks for the heads up MrS!

Day 27 (yesterday) - I decided it was finally time to do something with BS2 given how well it's been doing. Off with the head!

They are now up to 3g/gal of Mega Crop and responding well. Humidity is still rather low coming off a bunch of cold days but manageable. Canopy level temperature usually around 74/75F and lights off hovering at 66F.

Pre BS2 topping

Post topping

and a tent cam shot of the two afterward

Crisp and clean !

Hi everybody! Popping in for a quick update on the Black Sugars.

Here are shots from Day 29.

Day 39 (Feb. 21st) and they're filling out nicely. Spreading all the tops more and more each day. Mega Crop values were just upped to 3.5g/gallon.

As of this week they'll be getting potted up again to the final homes. I've been busy busy lately and haven't been keeping up with my updates or thread reading on here. Hoping to get back to the normal swing in another week and veg these gals out for a little while longer :) Hope everyone is doing well, cheers!

Hey all, I've got a lot of catching up to do here. Life has been crazy but the Black Sugar grow has been on cruise control. Lots of photo updates to post when I've got more free time. Here is a current photo from last night, 24 days since flipping to 12/12.

Back
Top Bottom