A Canadian Comparative Grow With Seedsman's Black Sugar In Coco

Yes I'm glad that they are healthy, my disappointment is not the genetics, it's my own inability to spend the proper time in the tent to train the plants to where I wanted them to be, my mistakes are what's bothering me, I had hoped that the quad would have been done properly and the plants filled out the way it should have, but I was so busy I was just feeding them for a month with no real attention paid to them, oh well.

Yes I'm glad that they are healthy, my disappointment is not the genetics, it's my own inability to spend the proper time in the tent to train the plants to where I wanted them to be, my mistakes are what's bothering me, I had hoped that the quad would have been done properly and the plants filled out the way it should have, but I was so busy I was just feeding them for a month with no real attention paid to them, oh well.
Eh man don’t get down on yourself. Life gets busy. Sometimes this happens, but they’re still healthy, and I believe that they will still produce well! The way I see it, you’ve done a great job

Yup, we do the best we can and sometimes life gets in the way. I always look towards my next grow and think of the things that I'll do differently.
I do have to ask about the residue on the pots you have. It looks like there's some mold spores building up on them. Or am I seeing things? Maybe it's just salt residue.
Anyhow if it is those spores will get into your flower, plus you don't want to be inhaling them when working around the plants.
I'd just hate to see you lose the plants that's all.

Yup, we do the best we can and sometimes life gets in the way. I always look towards my next grow and think of the things that I'll do differently.
I do have to ask about the residue on the pots you have. It looks like there's some mold spores building up on them. Or am I seeing things? Maybe it's just salt residue.
Anyhow if it is those spores will get into your flower, plus you don't want to be inhaling them when working around the plants.
I'd just hate to see you lose the plants that's all.
Salt build up and on that runt I'm thinking that the coco was an issue, after I shifted out all the dead roots I could and flushed the heck out of it, I'm thinking that it was still loaded with salt and nutes, for some reason that is the only pot that doesn't get light and dry, like she isn't eating at all.

I'm thinking that it was still loaded with salt and nutes, for some reason that is the only pot that doesn't get light and dry, like she isn't eating at all.
Strange... I wonder if it is related to that. Good to know it's not mold :thumb:

Strange... I wonder if it is related to that. Good to know it's not mold :thumb:
Yes, for that first use in the DP's I used canna A, B and PK 13/14, for this run I'm using the GH trio line. It seemed to show salt build up with the Canna faster than it showed up with the GH line.

I dunno, those are healthy looking plants. I can imagine if someone just gifted me those plants. I know I'd think they were fine, just in need of a little TLC. I would trim out all of the small stuff and cut them back a bit, especially if you haven't flipped yet. Then let them fill out again in veg before flipping. They can still be very productive monsters.

Day 63 update.

The big girl that was badly split.

20200310_124157.jpg

The runt.

20200310_124206_HDR.jpg

Canopy shot.

20200310_124446.jpg

Tonight the timer will be set to 12/12, after the first signs of true preflowers I'll start the flowering count.

On with the show.

Magnesium deficiency?

Epsom salt?
Definitely looks like a Mg def. Epsom salts or calmag should work. I can't give any advice on ES since I've never tried it, but here's a good article to read if you wanted a bit more info before applying.

Below is a snippet from that article

Dosage for Dissolving Epsom Salts in Water
Mix one or two tablespoons of Epsom salts with a gallon of warm water and give to your plants every four to six weeks. If you are using a foliar spray, just mix one tablespoon in one gallon of water, and spray your Cannabis plants at the beginning of each cycle. Do not spray your plants during the first week of flowering, or while the lights are on. The effect of spraying will be stronger if the temperature in the room is much cooler.

Definitely looks like a Mg def. Epsom salts or calmag should work. I can't give any advice on ES since I've never tried it, but here's a good article to read on it if you wanted a bit more info before applying.

Below is a snippet from that article

Dosage for Dissolving Epsom Salts in Water
Mix one or two tablespoons of Epsom salts with a gallon of warm water and give to your plants every four to six weeks. If you are using a foliar spray, just mix one tablespoon in one gallon of water, and spray your Cannabis plants at the beginning of each cycle. Do not spray your plants during the first week of flowering, or while the lights are on. The effect of spraying will be stronger if the temperature in the room is much cooler.
Thank you for the information, I did start adding the GH calmag to the feed mid February at a teaspoon a gallon, I'll have to check any new growth to see if it's still an issue.

A little goes a long way with Granny Puckett's epsom salts.

Looking great Canuck.. those ladies ready for the flowers. You will sort out that cal/mag issue. They will come back stronger than before. Hope all is well. Magic.

They look great Canuk! Have they stretched much this first week of flower?
The bigger one in the back did about 4 or 5" so far, the runt filled out more and added a few inches on height.

Back
Top Bottom