Black Cherry Punch X Bop Tang Kitchenhawk Genetics In Coco

I always crush the stems when training, this makes it easier to move a branch into place as they go floppy. Tends to keep its shape as it heals up as well. Its still very easy to snap one off from time to time though. Should make a nice clone for your buddy. Plants are looking mighty fine and that branch will be replaced in no time.

Well this blows! After a 12 hour work day I went to give the girls a feed and against my better judgement I decided to adjust the wires then SNAP! I break a top off the big girl! :rolleyes:

20200226_232749.jpg

I knew better than to mess with them after a long work day, my arms are like rubber and I guess I put more pressure on them than I think I am doing.
So into a cup it goes, I'll try clone it and give it to my buddy if it roots.
You can see the vacant space where it snapped off.

20200226_232802.jpg

It's time to invest in some silica if I'm going to keep training my plants going forward.

On with the show.
That's nothing, @Canuckush. I can show you how to really decapitate a plant! :Rasta:

Preflowers? I can't be near 60 days already?

20200303_000054.jpg
20200302_235912.jpg

I'll finally have some time during the day to defoliate these tomorrow or Wednesday.

On with the show.

No need to sweat 1 snapped branch gromie. I used to do that, and get all upset. But then found that plant usually yields the same thing. It will just put more on less tops. It is more about root mass, and amount of soil. It still sucks a little, but no need to stress. :passitleft:Plants look super happy and healthy!:popcorn:

It's been a crazy month for this sole proprietor, I finally had some time to pull these girls out of the tent for some defoliation.

The big girl first.

Before.

20200304_222842.jpg

After.

20200304_224704.jpg

Top view.

20200304_224910.jpg

What a mess!

The smaller sister.

Before.

20200304_225025.jpg

After.

20200304_230751.jpg

Top view.

20200304_230902.jpg

Canopy shot.

20200304_231104.jpg

When training for a quad a lot of time is needed to properly adjust the bindings and defoliation on a proper time frame, I didn't have that, I was too busy and out for long days, just home in time to feed and close the tent. Some of these shoots are not going up but rather out towards the end of the pot. A bit of tucking and support and hopefully they correct themselves and go straight up.

On with the show.

From one sol proprietor to the next. Your doing a mighty fine job! They look great man! When are you flipping?
Thanks, I will be doing so in a week after they recover from the defoliation.

Does cloning gel expire or go bad after its used and becomes contaminated? Because this clone and the 2 others all turned black and died, I used this gel once when I bought it on my 2 DP clones that I harvested in the fall.

Day 63 update.

The big girl.

20200310_123747.jpg

Little sister.

20200310_123923.jpg

Canopy shot.

20200310_124453.jpg

Tonight the timer will be set to 12/12, I'm wondering about the big girl's stretch in the next 3 weeks, I should have room in the tent if she doubles in size.

On with the show!

Day 63 update.

The big girl.

20200310_123747.jpg

Little sister.

20200310_123923.jpg

Canopy shot.

20200310_124453.jpg

Tonight the timer will be set to 12/12, I'm wondering about the big girl's stretch in the next 3 weeks, I should have room in the tent if she doubles in size.

On with the show!
Looks like I caught up just in time:ganjamon:.
Plants are looking really healthy buddy, done a good job on the quad lining!
Does cloning gel expire or go bad after its used and becomes contaminated? Because this clone and the 2 others all turned black and died, I used this gel once when I bought it on my 2 DP clones that I harvested in the fall.
Not sure on your gel but clonex has a year date from manufacture, less if its been opened.

A midnight update on these big girl's!

The big sister!

Her quadline.

20200314_234646.jpg

Her canopy is a little slanted.

20200314_234654.jpg

The not so little sister.

Her quadline.

20200314_234702.jpg

Her canopy is nice and even so far.

20200314_234708.jpg

I pulled them out of the tent to switch them around and moved the big girl to the back, it was hard to feed them the way they were set up.

On with the show!

I read somewhere that dipping the plants into the gel is a no-no. It taints the gel over time. The gel should be removed with a sterile object and put on the plant. Don't know if this is true...but it could be. :Rasta:

I read somewhere that dipping the plants into the gel is a no-no. It taints the gel over time. The gel should be removed with a sterile object and put on the plant. Don't know if this is true...but it could be. :Rasta:
Quite possible, I tossed that jar and bought a new one just in case.

Plants look amazing gromie. I pour a small amount of clonex in an old dab silicone dab container every use. It is probably 5 ml. Or so container. Then dip the cut ends in the gel for 5 seconds. I then discard that gel after using, but will do 30-60 clones at a time. Might have to fill the container a few times. You never wanna dip directly in the clonex bottle itself. I have heard also it can contaminate over time.

Plants look amazing gromie. I pour a small amount of clonex in an old dab silicone dab container every use. It is probably 5 ml. Or so container. Then dip the cut ends in the gel for 5 seconds. I then discard that gel after using, but will do 30-60 clones at a time. Might have to fill the container a few times. You never wanna dip directly in the clonex bottle itself. I have heard also it can contaminate over time.
Thanks KH, that's what I'll do the next time around, lessons learned.

Check out a few of the fan leaves on these girls.

Two twisting around at the centre of the fan.

20200321_135802.jpg

One leaf twisted in the back of the fan.

20200321_135442.jpg

One growing out of the center of the fan.

20200321_135338.jpg

This girls are going to kick the other 2 out of the tent soon!

On with the show!

Back
Top Bottom