GDB's Bubblegum Machine

Oh my, that’s quite a lot of ambers I see there! Did you try any testers for that Bgum? I bet she’s ready! :woohoo:
I thinks she's very close, Heavenly!

I think, but am not absolutely certain, that her appetite for water as waned. I'll pay more attention to that in the days to come.

Hello growers.

It sure has been quiet here on 420 today. So quiet that I actually got some things done around the crib and in the yard! :)

Anyway, while I've been busy scoping the RQ Bgum twin, I think the Grape Ape clone has been sneaking her way to readiness!

Snap_338.jpg

Snap_339.jpg

It looks like 3 of these plants, the RQ twin, the "normal" RQ and the Grape Ape will being checking out at around the same time.

An abundance of Bubblegum and a Grape Ape with dense buds this time is on the way!:Rasta:

Thanks for looking in (if there's anybody out there).

Peace.

Hello growers.

It sure has been quiet here on 420 today. So quiet that I actually got some things done around the crib and in the yard! :)

Anyway, while I've been busy scoping the RQ Bgum twin, I think the Grape Ape clone has been sneaking her way to readiness!

Snap_338.jpg

Snap_339.jpg

It looks like 3 of these plants, the RQ twin, the "normal" RQ and the Grape Ape will being checking out at around the same time.

An abundance of Bubblegum and a Grape Ape with dense buds this time is on the way!:Rasta:

Thanks for looking in (if there's anybody out there).

Peace.
Those pics look amazing GDB and if you don’t mind me asking how are you capturing these pics? Digital loupe?

Thanks for the compliment Bionic!

I use a USB microscope/camera -- a cheap one. They're available on the Zon for around $25 (or if you choose, a lot more) and it interfaces with the Camera app on my laptop.

I'll refer you back to this page to show that I just cut off a little piece of the bud for the pics. Because the microscope comes with a stand I don't have to hold anything steady. I just lay the budlet on my computer.
baby bud position.JPG

The image appears on the computer screen and, thus, is a easy to focus (focus adjustment is on the scope/cam). I focus and snap the pic using my mouse. Everything stays still!

This pic illustrates the set-up.
trich pic set-up.jpg

The little budlets that I collect are semi-wrapped in foil and placed on top of my warm cable-TV box. I use them later for testers or for inclusion in bud smashes!

Thanks for stopping by!

baby bud tent.jpg

That’s that settled then, I’m buying one of those. I’ve got a hand scope and it’s quite difficult to get any decent tri pics and nothing as good as your pictures. Really appreciate your time

I think you're right, GDB!
That bowl trimmer's gonna get a workout real soon!
Ha!

You know it will Carcass. No way I'm gonna' hand trim all of them! :)

I give them to Monday , so you spoil the weekend trimming LOL Knowing you only work at the house . Good Day GDB
Sounds like you're having a good day Smoke! :laughtwo:

Hello growers.

It's Flip + 76 for the Bubblegum Machine. There has been a negative development in the tent.

Here's a tent pic:
Bgum tent 7-15-22 F76.jpg

The two plants in front (RQ Bgum left, Black Cherry Pie, right) obviously having fading fan leaves but at least they have fan leaves.

On the two in the rear (Kera Bgum left, Grape Ape clone, right) most of the fans leaves have been burnt away.

And you may have noticed there's a plant missing. That would be the RQ Bgum twin. She was removed 2 days ago and placed in the Box of Darkness. I'll be taking her down later this morning. On some of the low-growing stuff on the "short" side of the twin a little bud rot had developed. After removing the affected portions, I put her in the dark.

As to what happened to the fan leaves on the other girls, I am not certain. I strongly suspect that the two tall ones in the rear have just spent to much time too close to the Nextlight Mega, which runs hot. I raised the light about 6 inches this morning (probably about 2 weeks too late).

I won't speculate about what else may have contributed. My apologies, but my funky mood won't allow me to even give it much thought at the moment.

Instead, I looked for something positive in the tent and I found it when I cut a piece of the RQ Bgum to be scoped.
Snap_354.jpg

Snap_355.jpg

Snap_356.jpg

I'm taking the safe route and getting her out of there as soon as possible!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Hello growers.

I took down the Royal Queens Bubblegum XXL "twin" today.

She had spent nearly 2 days in the Box of Darkness. In the end, I lost some more of her to bud rot. Not a lot, but more. The short side of the twin never really was able to get going because the taller side wouldn't let it. And the plant as a whole was stunted compared to the other "normal" RQ that I grew alongside her.

When I saw that double tap root seed I was so excited! I could not bring myself to heed the advice of those who said to separate them when I could. And so...

Here's her skel. The short side only grew 3 stems (marked with red lines) and they all stayed way low.
RQ twin skel 7-16-22 labeled.jpg

Here's her floppy obit pic (and she isn't even untied yet!):
RQ twin obit 7-16-22.jpg

Her buds were heavy and firm just not a lot of them:
RQ twin array 7-16-22.jpg

And as for the remaining plants, well, it's not their fault that they ended up with a sorry closer like me. I'm the guy they call out of the bullpen when the team is down 14 to 1 in the top of the 6th inning. Popcorn and beer sales plummet.

Still, I can't ignore the good-sized, dense buds these girls have produced. 👀
Bgum tent 7-16-22 F77.jpg

One plant is missing. I moved the "normal" RQ Bubblegum to the Box of Darkness tonight! A little early maybe, but safe and sound. :)

As always, thanks to you for looking in.

Peace.

Hello growers.

I took down the Royal Queens Bubblegum XXL "twin" today.

She had spent nearly 2 days in the Box of Darkness. In the end, I lost some more of her to bud rot. Not a lot, but more. The short side of the twin never really was able to get going because the taller side wouldn't let it. And the plant as a whole was stunted compared to the other "normal" RQ that I grew alongside her.

When I saw that double tap root seed I was so excited! I could not bring myself to heed the advice of those who said to separate them when I could. And so...

Here's her skel. The short side only grew 3 stems (marked with red lines) and they all stayed way low.
RQ twin skel 7-16-22 labeled.jpg

Here's her floppy obit pic (and she isn't even untied yet!):
RQ twin obit 7-16-22.jpg

Her buds were heavy and firm just not a lot of them:
RQ twin array 7-16-22.jpg

And as for the remaining plants, well, it's not their fault that they ended up with a sorry closer like me. I'm the guy they call out of the bullpen when the team is down 14 to 1 in the top of the 6th inning. Popcorn and beer sales plummet.

Still, I can't ignore the good-sized and dense buds these girls have produced. 👀
Bgum tent 7-16-22 F77.jpg

One plant is missing. I moved the "normal" RQ Bubblegum to the Box of Darkness tonight! A little early maybe, but safe and sound. :)

As always, thanks to you for looking in.

Peace.
Congrats GDP another stellar harvest.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

Back
Top Bottom